IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- - - the pinnacle of Squarepusher for me. Nothing seemed to touch the energy of those tracks since.

I love these tracks:

Port Rhombus

Squarepusher Theme
Tundra
Goodnight Jade
Theme From Ernest Borgnine
...haven't heard anything close to these from him since.

Guest Chesney

That article makes a compelling argument. I'm almost excited for this "new sound". Whether I will like it or not is a different matter.

Guest trananhhung

That article makes everything sound so interesting until you actually hear Fire 2. Maybe that's the weakest track.

Or maybe they just want us to preorder it. Like Ubisoft.

That article makes a compelling argument. I'm almost excited for this "new sound". Whether I will like it or not is a different matter.

there is no new sound :sad: . He was developing studio for years and now it's just only his soft and nothing else. Its ubabulum studio moved to laptop. i hear nothing new in Rayc Fire

"He has spent the last decade creating and refining his own unique software system, and this album is the first to be made using that system exclusively... Ufabulum was a record born very much of the studio, made using equipment that was cumbersome. Such a static setup made it difficult for Squarepusher to work while on the road... For 2015 he has ensured that the system he has spent so many years developing can be easily transported

yeah I was partly being sarcastic due to what the aticle alludes to.

oh...okey :cat:

i actually would reaaaly love to see his laptop studio and how it works. Even more, that listening to album. How he is able to do such tracks as rayc fire in one sitting without edits. It would be cool if he released a video with making a track, but i guess wont happen

..hmmm. I am more compelled to listen now at least. If it sounds like what I fear it will sound like though, I hope he does an Aphex and digs deep into his analogue gear on the next one and puts some real feeling back into his music.

..hmmm. I am more compelled to listen now at least. If it sounds like what I fear it will sound like though, I hope he does an Aphex and digs deep into his analogue gear on the next one and puts some real feeling back into his music.

Use of analogue gear does not automatically = feeling. Ufabulum used mostly analogue synths (101 and CS80), and everyone was shit talking that because of digitalness and lack of feeling. Judging from the PR blurb this one will be all Reaktor patches, but I doubt most people could genuinely tell the difference between the two.

Use of analogue gear does not automatically = feeling. Ufabulum used mostly analogue synths (101 and CS80), and everyone was shit talking that because of digitalness and lack of feeling. Judging from the PR blurb this one will be all Reaktor patches, but I doubt most people could genuinely tell the difference between the two.

Didn't mean to infer analogue = emotional. Was thinking more of his back catalog having more feeling than recent output and he may as well reach into his past (like aphex recently) . Whatever the hell he is doing these days it sounds near hollow to me.

I'm not so sure. He said he made that and the Running Man track specifically for the radio one show... we will see though!

edit: also I can't really see that untitled track being made in one take with no edits...?

Wait... What!? This is real!? For a moment there, I was convinced this was dank created by some jackass.

If this is real, you have my permission to kill the squarepusher subforum. :pusher:

This is Stor Eiglass, the first track, isn't it? I recall someone on here calling it "Story Glass" before.

Archived