IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trananhhung

That downloadable track is quite possibly the worst song he's ever written.

Should of just called it "rusty door lp".

Don't get me wrong, SP is still my favourite artist of the bunch because he has so many fucking great tracks, but I really don't understand what he's up to these days..

Sadly, I agree. That new track leaves me completely cold. I liked ufabulum but this sounds like more ufabulum but even less funky. Hopefully it all makes sense in the context of the album. He will always have a special place in my heart because of I am bic 5 poetry

I like it, it's a fun track.

Like the thing about them being one take tracks too.

Rather than Skrillex etc that people have compared it to, reminds me a little bit of the more electronic acts on Load Records.

Stuff like this: http://www.discogs.com/Neon-Hunk-Smarmymob/release/1205712

Guest trananhhung

I've always bought his albums. Very undecided here based on the preview. And why is he coming back to the screeching tyres synth on that track. Should I buy it wattm? I want to listen to the full track to try to get it.

Guest trananhhung

Do you think he's getting away from melodic Squarepusher because Andy is actually controlling that part now?

You can download the full track here: http://squarepusher.net/

Oh cool

It just flashes generating but the track doesn't doesn't download...

Guest trananhhung

Managed to download it. Feels like he's still trying to prove yet again that he's a badasss programmer. I don't like the track. It sounds so much like the the second half of ufabulum. But just not as entertaining. I'll keep listen of course.

I've never been into Squarepusher at all really; his most recent stuff seemed very half-assed, and his earlier works, though well-done, never grabbed me.

This track is the first thing I've ever heard from him where I thought "that's actually really good shit."

The track is pretty unique; at the least I've never heard anything like it. It's kind of got a plunderphonics set up, but done with a hella jazzy (and funky, not sure how so many of you don't hear the funk in this) hand guiding the track's progression. The sound design of how the layers are crushed together but still given their own separate place makes it all feel aggressive and mechanical. Just the sheer punch of the 'sample' being thrown about like a rag doll, that's quality shit.

I'm sure it's not for everyone, and maybe some of you are stuck on what Squarepusher was in the past so you're not seeing this outside of that context, but this is a quality track. If this is really 'too much like Ubufalbummmmdbdu' or whatever, maybe I need to give that album a spin because I'd never heard more than a couple tracks from it.

Sent using magic space waves

Wait, why is the track hurting your ears? I mean there are higher frequencies, but it all sounds fine to me (and mono).

I feel like rhythmically the track is very fun, but it just has SO much space that needs to be used.I hear room for backing chords there that I'd add if I were to remix the track.

That said this may be the only track like this on the record so.

Guest trananhhung

I think it falls on the anstromfeck and my bass guitar, or whatever it's called, category, but with the ufabulum sound.

Well I do think it sounds a lot like ufabulum but what do I know.

Archived