IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

Guest trananhhung

Oh I just read that the album is made of one take tracks with no editing. What about forgetting conceptual approaches and making a nice track mr jenkison! :(

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The recordings on his latest album were made in a single take without edits. "Through this record I aim to explore as forcefully as possible the hallucinatory, the nightmarish and the brutally visceral capacities of electronic music," he said in the album's press release.

Oh I just read that the album is made of one take tracks with no editing. What about forgetting conceptual approaches and making a nice track mr jenkison! :(

I tend to agree. Why is 1 take indicative of the quote I posted? You can polish a track & still have it fit the criteria.

Again...too future for me. Sorry fucking daddy

Does everyone hate shobaleader then? Loved that one, although the last track was a proper stinker.

Loving Shobaleader as well - I even loved Solo Electric Bass 1 :wub:

Very curious to hear the album in its entirety after reading those press releases.

And fucking excited to see him live in march - will be the first time, pretty sure it'll be an amazing moment :squarepusher:

Guest Chesney

It's a weird one and I hate to admit but I don't like it.

And yeah, I understand it, I can hear what you're all hearing (the funk ha) but still, I don't like it. I don't need to give any more than that but it's fun he's taking yet another new avenue. Maybe he just wants to test the will of the fan. Create something verging on unlistenable to see who sticks to it like a try hard fanboy and wwho tells the truth? (that's a joke by the way! maybe partly serious but still joking enough, maybe not, I dunno, who's a cunt?) *;) winks to make sure it's seen as a joke*

Shame. I'll still buy the album though just to see.

Wait, why is the track hurting your ears? I mean there are higher frequencies, but it all sounds fine to me (and mono).

I feel like rhythmically the track is very fun, but it just has SO much space that needs to be used.I hear room for backing chords there that I'd add if I were to remix the track.

That said this may be the only track like this on the record so.

I thought it was going to sound really abrasive on headphones, but I was surprisingly wrong. I'm honestly really enjoying this, and I wouldn't really call myself a Squarepusher fan.

On first listen it sounded little more than a ufabulum out-take to me, I much preferred those two BBC tracks - The Running Man in particular (seems like a return to earlier compositional styles combined with the Ufabulum sound palette). The more I listen to it though the more I like it though, Ufabulum was a big grower for me as well. Looking forward to it.

Because they obviously want to hit the mainstream EDM market don't they ?

i think that assertion is pretty weak, what's possibly more troubling is that no one is really 'trying' to aspire to EDM production values, but its that squarepusher's organic evolution eventually went there.

"Through this record I aim to explore as forcefully as possible the hallucinatory, the nightmarish and the brutally visceral capacities of electronic music,"

Sounds like a tall order but i think SP could be the man to do it. but with only 8 tracks!?

"forcefully explore" reminds me of "breaking and entering" or "home invasion" - like in and out with the quick creation of these brutal traxx.

"Im going to forcefully explore u"

i bet this is going to be on the LP

I'm not so sure. He said he made that and the Running Man track specifically for the radio one show... we will see though!

edit: also I can't really see that untitled track being made in one take with no edits...?

Guest trananhhung

Ok, I don't care what others might say: I think it's fucking awful. Listened to it again at home. Had to stop before the end. I'm tired of all his manifestos and concepts. Rayc Fire 2 is a never-ending machine gun of farts and rotten cum.

It's pretty decent but it feels like it's something i'll have to keep listening and force myself to like. I see why so many of you are having such a

hard time with Tom's more recent stuff.

Rayc Fire 2 could use a little less of that Ufabulum screech and more instruments/atmosphere in between all the jittery beats featured

throughout the entirety of the track to make it more varied.

I hope this new album features more tracks like The Running Man, that one is already a fave. Although i was hoping for Warp20 tracks...

Archived