IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

€50? jesus where are you located?

anyways, I'm a sucker so I obviously bought one.

France ! I'm paying like 8€ of delivery post for the vinyl only...But I'm sure the LP will cost 25 to 30€ in my local record shop so...

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

€50? jesus where are you located?

anyways, I'm a sucker so I obviously bought one.

France ! I'm paying like 8€ of delivery post for the vinyl only...But I'm sure the LP will cost 25 to 30€ in my local record shop so...

oh, I thought you meant t-shirt only

Yeah of course that was LP+T Shirt, I'd never pay that much for a t shirt !

Also I didn't notice that the back of the shirt has Damogen Furies written all over it ! Kinda cool, it's like 2 T-Shirts for the price of one !

very cool interview!

Also:

On this one I’ve deliberately forced myself into putting forward a different spin on that. On the vinyl version of Damogen Furies it’s sequenced in reverse to the CD or download, so it starts with the last track and goes backwards through the album so it ends on ‘Stor Eiglass’. Rather than starting with the big one with your hands in the air and then descending into a journey that’s psychologically demanding I thought why not start the album the other way round, so you start off with this gruelling experience and then the sunshine comes out at the end.

that's interesting?

Guest bitroast

very cool interview!

Also:

On this one I’ve deliberately forced myself into putting forward a different spin on that. On the vinyl version of Damogen Furies it’s sequenced in reverse to the CD or download, so it starts with the last track and goes backwards through the album so it ends on ‘Stor Eiglass’. Rather than starting with the big one with your hands in the air and then descending into a journey that’s psychologically demanding I thought why not start the album the other way round, so you start off with this gruelling experience and then the sunshine comes out at the end.

that's interesting?

mmmm!

agreed. keen to hear this version (especially seeing as its already on pre-order and will likely be the version i'll be listening to most when listening properly at home)

nonsense! i do not see the point of doing so because we can even change the reading... Well, there it is a vinyl and it's true that we have to listen to from start to the end (as cassettes...) while the CDs or digital files can reverse order, compile, in the order you want or remove pieces that we do not like (yes, for CDs, you can program the choice of reading).

i'm interested is playing a vinyl that starts with the center to finish the edge of the disc... or a fluorescent vinyl (not sure that its quality would be better), or vinyl which does has nothing to do with standard materials...

after that, i do not know if this is what i understood: it is to read the vinyl backwards from the end to the beginning, that is read in the opposite direction of usual reading (remember that vinyl has two sides, it is less interesting, so, as there will be a cut...). it can be interesting but is that it will be listenable? Is it designed the album to be read at the place and backwards?

i'm interested is playing a vinyl that starts with the center to finish the edge of the disc... or a fluorescent vinyl (not sure that its quality would be better), or vinyl which does has nothing to do with standard materials...

I have a record that starts at the middle and plays out. I can't play it though because my needle auto-returns every time I try and start it. So I still don't know how it sounds!

Hidden tracks under the center label! So you gotta mess up your brand new record to hear them. Also they're vinyl only so that's the only way to hear them haha

Also they're not very hidden if they tell you where to find them before the things is even out yet.

Hopefully he's gotten someone with ears to listen to his mix before it goes out. I swear to christ unless you want to eq his last album, it's almost unlistenable for someone with regular hearing that hasn't had the highs blasted out from years of live shows.

Also, hopefully he doesn't ruin another song with those stupid crotch-rocket sounds. He ruined one of the best squarepusher songs of the last 10 years with one. (see below @ 3:23)

^^ ugh I know, RE the mastering.

I liked the content on Ufabulum, as in the tracks/arrangements etc.... but the mix was unbearable. I have it EQ'ed on a track by track basis. Those highs.. =(

Edit: Mr Teetime (a credible source for sure) said that the mastering on this album is actually really good.

Guest bitroast

I liked the content on Ufabulum, as in the tracks/arrangements etc.... but the mix was unbearable. I have it EQ'ed on a track by track basis. Those highs.. =(

Edit: Mr Teetime (a credible source for sure) said that the mastering on this album is actually really good.

hehe, i only really enjoy listening to it on record as well, digital sounds way too flat and high end.

record player is running through EQ so i normally get a pretty soft/dynamic mix out of it and it sounds amazing / zero complaints. not track by track but the difference with the cd/digital is definitely big and noticeable ^^

hehe, i only really enjoy listening to it on record as well, digital sounds way too flat and high end.

record player is running through EQ so i normally get a pretty soft/dynamic mix out of it and it sounds amazing / zero complaints. not track by track but the difference with the cd/digital is definitely big and noticeable ^^

How can you write that? CD and digital, it's the same thing! They are digital... Because before burning the CD, converting analog to digital files and will be ready to burn!

Similarly for 24bit, except that here it is to burn to DVD.

How can you write that? CD and digital, it's the same thing! They are digital... Because before burning the CD, converting analog to digital files and will be ready to burn!

Shirley he means vinyl compared to cd/digital.

Shirley he means vinyl compared to cd/digital.

ok sorry

:facepalm:

Archived