IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im gonna preorder this when i finally get around to it, because i strongly liked ufa, and im glad hes exploring that type of sound a bit more. so thats just me. but i do feel like it actually hurts some of the hype for me that like 3 of the tracks from an 8 track album have been made available before release. thats almost half of the album weve already heard. i'd prefer it to be more of a surprise listen

doesnt really matter coz im sure ill play it a lot after it comes out anyway.

that track does sound a lot better than it did on bbc and it already sounded pretty rad on there

From the youtube comments:

SineRider

Sounds like the cure

Scumbox

Great track, but holy shit, The Cure much?

Guest yikes

photek and now apparently squarepusher have been abducted and replaced by zeta reticulian cloned impostors which are now making music which is a pale shade of their former selves to appease the masses. the buildup drumroll that starts @3:40 is proof of this,i can't even get over how much this and that other thing-track he released are this subpar to me these tracks are worse than anything on ufabulum i can't believe tom jenkinson really made this track i think he is playing us and his girlfriend made these it is so stiff sterile unfunky and just .........ugh arrrrghhhhhhh i am not gonna apologize for my opinion,as a devout squarepusher fan for almost 20 years i am very disappoint * returns to listening to "my love is a bulldozer" ,syro, afx soundcloud love ,old tunes, cro magnox etc etc

post-7791-0-32580000-1426618414_thumb.png

Wow... He's really into these ultra-bold unison-ey trance synth leads and super-upfront, 'epic', happy bubblegum melodies these days, isn't? Even a lot of popular EDM I hear now and again sounds darker than this (although with less suttery-ness in the beat department.) Very pop indeed.

I hope of the other tracks are a bit more subtle and experimental? I feel like a change from the sound of his last few albums.

Guest yikes

i think he is losing his hearing

and i am not kidding

the over obvious melodies,the mixing/compression points to hearing loss and it's upsetting

considering all of the plugins, hardware etc that is now available i really expect a guy like tom to be using these tools to actually make innovative bold new sounds and amazing tracks

FUCK

here's to hoping that there is one or 2 decent tracks out the 8 as that other guy who heard the entire album has stated

So, we have 3 tracks off this album. The two which were played on BBC; 'The Running Man' and 'Untitled'. Now we got Rayc Fire 2.

'The Running Man' track that I have is 6:02. In the album it's probably Baltang Ort (6:14) or Kwang Bass (6:15).

'Untitled' track that I have is 4:27 and that is probably Stor Eiglass (4:32).

So I was right with the Stor Eiglass track and hopefully with The Running Man too because I really want it on studio quality.

Guest yikes

Lol at people complaining that it doesn't fit to some idm template.

Also: yikes!

LOL @ guys who are smug and have a sense of superiority regarding other's opinions

"goodbye spiral"

i've had enough you chasing me around the board flamig and trolling me

you go on the ignore list now son bye!

oh and by the way

enjoy that new aquarepusher record while you craft those indispensable "generative songs" and textures that you do so well!

Group Posts Signature Messenger Chats photo-thumb-269.jpg?_r=1408840062LUDD

Joined: 01-November 04 EKT Plus Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-667.jpg?_r=1414038271Enter a new display name

Joined: 10-January 06 Members Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-2189.png?_r=1411979979Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Joined: 11-October 06 Members Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-5888.gif?_r=1420324284hello spiral

Joined: 20-July 08 Knob Twiddlers Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-6719.png?_r=0Mesh Gear Fox

Joined: 17-February 09 Knob Twiddlers Hide Hide Block Block Remove

LOL @ guys who are smug and have a sense of superiority regarding other's opinions

"goodbye spiral"

oh and by the way

enjoy that new aquarepusher record while you craft those indispensable "generative songs" and textures that you do so well!

Joined: 01-November 04 EKT Plus Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-667.jpg?_r=1414038271Enter a new display name

Joined: 10-January 06 Members Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-2189.png?_r=1411979979Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Joined: 11-October 06 Members Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-5888.gif?_r=1420324284hello spiral

Joined: 20-July 08 Knob Twiddlers Hide Hide Block Block Remove photo-thumb-6719.png?_r=0Mesh Gear Fox

lol

edit: yikes.

"goodbye spiral"

oh and by the way

lol what is this? kindergarten?

@the track : didn't make me cringe that much but still not my thing, sorry Tom. One day maybe.

Archived