IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ufabulum was so poorly mixed it was genuinely difficult to listen to at home. That aspect at least has improved. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow but will leave off buying the lp until I know for sure that it won't give me a headache if I want to listen to it at home ;) both tracks so far aren't really my kind of thing but they could grow on me

I mean, seriously, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade and I'm glad people like this. But I have already heard every melody by The Cure at least once too many times.

:goes to Guitar Center, plays Just Like Heaven on a GAIA SH-01:

I mean, seriously, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade and I'm glad people like this. But I have already heard every melody by The Cure at least once too many times.

Hi Tom! :spiteful:

just like heaven ultramode on! yeh nothing special but it's funny, i hope the lp will be more crazy twisted, and i hope that one day tom will release the acid unreleased stuff (like dat damn track at the rephlex party in rome etc.)

I'm the only one who rates this track then?

From the youtube comments:

SineRider
Sounds like the cure

Scumbox
Great track, but holy shit, The Cure much?

What? Any specific track they are referring to or is this a new youtube comment meme I'm not aware of?

Scumbox is my YT account haha. As soon as I heard this, Just Like Heaven came to mind straight away. The resemblance is uncanny.

Hmmm...like a somewhat dumbed-down and hookier version of ufabulum trax...not feeling these new tunes enough to go for the pre-order...will wait and see.

But I'm still fuckin excited to be seein the man in April. He is ALWAYS great live!

Yep I'm out on this one too i guess. I have no idea what he's going for with that latest track, those synth melodies... sounds like skrillex remixing the cure.

Sadly, agreed. I was hoping the bombastic side of rayc fire was an exception on the album, but this track has me even more baffled.

lol @ ignore list

it's fun! ;-) he joked...

Yep I'm out on this one too i guess. I have no idea what he's going for with that latest track, those synth melodies... sounds like skrillex remixing the cure.

Sadly, agreed. I was hoping the bombastic side of rayc fire was an exception on the album, but this track has me even more baffled.

not agreed... I am offended...

:cerious:

squarepusher is best live.... his tunes are made for raving to with other peoples. That's why Aphex djs him so much, thats why his live sets are fucking awesome. You got to put cheezy track like this in that context i think (and all his ufabulum tracks).

I'm the only one who rates this track then?

Naw dude I'm way into it. I love this cheesy trance thing he's been messing around with on Ufabulum and I'm happy to hear some more of it.

Fuckin lol @ anyone saying the new stuff is made to please a more pop crowd. Squarepusher has always made stuff he wants to make... Otherwise he would still be making micro edit idm and jungle stuff to please those of you still stuck in the 90s.

What's going on, y'all? This track has been around for months now, and the general consensus seemed that it was a great track. Now, you all hate it? What?

I personally think it's a banger and I still can't wait for the album!

Guest bitroast

what is he using for his hair? ??

looks like he's got a bad case of what i like to call Helmet Hair

its almost like squarepushers public personas over the years can be pieced together to tell a story. what the story means exactly is yet to be understood.

what is he using for his hair? ??

looks like he's got a bad case of what i like to call Helmet Hair

its almost like squarepushers public personas over the years can be pieced together to tell a story. what the story means exactly is yet to be understood.

it is fashionable these days this hairstyle!

He's had those glasses for a long time, circa 2011 I believe. He wore them in an interview RE enstrobia EP in 2012.

Do you even squarepusher brah?

edit: I'll admit I actually don't know if the interview was 2012 or 2013.

Archived