IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

I gave Syro good listens and it's a good album, but hardly mindblowing. There are many other artists that have produced really good electronic music albums where I would place Syro with. Perhaps I don't get the fanboyism with Aphex since he wasn't the first artist that got me into teh IDMz. Him being a pioneer shouldn't be a carte blanche to proclaim everything he releases as a gift from god or something. I guess RDJ's stuff never connected with me for some reason. Most of his stuff is alright to excellent but there's stuff that I just can't see what's so great about it. To each their own. Maybe I will get it after I heard it properly, like I did with Syro, but RDJ is by no means an automatic buy for me.

I don't get what's so awesome about this (from the amazon samples)? It's nice electronic music, but hardly anything mindblowingly excellent. Had the same feelings about Syro.

agree sadly, the first few tracks especially seem underwhelming and a bit bare-bones.. obviously the 30sec samples might not make much sense outside of the entire tracks tho

digging cirklon 1 however and revamped cheetah3 is fuckingFUCK

I gave Syro good listens and it's a good album, but hardly mindblowing. There are many other artists that have produced really good electronic music albums where I would place Syro with. Perhaps I don't get the fanboyism with Aphex since he wasn't the first artist that got me into teh IDMz. Him being a pioneer shouldn't be a carte blanche to proclaim everything he releases as a gift from god or something. I guess RDJ's stuff never connected with me for some reason. Most of his stuff is alright to excellent but there's stuff that I just can't see what's so great about it. To each their own. Maybe I will get it after I heard it properly, like I did with Syro, but RDJ is by no means an automatic buy for me.

Thanks for letting us know, I won't get it either then. What else isn't mindblowing that we shouldn't automatically buy? :)

You are welcome to buy whatever you want and let anything you like to blow your mind. Just giving my 2 eurocents. :doge:

edit: actually I am jealous of you that can get so excited about new music from an artist that you clearly idolize and enjoy. I miss that. :catcry:

Edited by azatoth

I don't get what's so awesome about this (from the amazon samples)? It's nice electronic music, but hardly anything mindblowingly excellent. Had the same feelings about Syro.

agree sadly, the first few tracks especially seem underwhelming and a bit bare-bones.. obviously the 30sec samples might not make much sense outside of the entire tracks tho

digging cirklon 1 however and revamped cheetah3 is fuckingFUCK

agree also. underwhelming samples, would never have pre-ordered this on their basis.

Edited by jchgf

it's like people are expecting new albums from people to fix their depression or get their ex back or make money pour from the sky

just so you know that you are an idiot for expecting anything other than lush tunes

For the next couple days all other music is gonna sound like total shit. The Cheetah has ravaged my memory center of the brain

EDIT: this is coming from 30 second 60kbps previews as well. Christ.

Agreed!

Not going to listen to the samples, that would be cheating.

and you're not a cheetah LOL

kill me

never judge a song by its sample or something?

and

kill me

that made me laugh : )

never judge a song by its sample or something?

and

kill me

that made me laugh : )

gah they're down now.

Edited by coolandfrank

I think the issue with Syro as an album is that it doesn't feel that cohesive to me, but the tracks by themselves are very good. I don't really think it's a question of quality, more so, the way it was assembled.

In other news: has anyone checked if there's a Japan bonus track already?

In other news: has anyone checked if there's a Japan bonus track already?

Well, the 7th track is already exclusive to cassette, CD and digital so I doubt there'll be an extra bonus track. But we can hope

i wonder if we'll get another miscellaneous track thrown out there like umil was for ODJS

that tune was better than most of the EP for me

oh oh oh man these sound wonderful. bass bass bass bass! exactly what i hoped for. cheetah3 4eva!

damn, missed them.

Were there any recognizable SC dump tracks outside of the 'cheetah's?

i dutifully listened to every sc track, but probably did repeated listens on 50%. i only recognized cheetah3 in the EP snippets

Cool!

Cheetah should be an awesome release. I'm still hoping he does another ambient ep or lp at some point. This record would include ibiza spliff and certainly 19 Ssnb, amongst others. it would also be personalized to me with my initials engraved in gold, would also receive a personal phone call from RDJ to give me a heads up on the release and run through the details of how he made the album.

Not askin' for alot, here.