petina

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Blasting dat new EODS9!!!

http://eodtracks.bandcamp.com/album/eods9

from facebook:

"here it is, the last eods. please support me if you can through purchasing stuff you like on bandcamp, because it's getting really tough to keep the studio going when peeps put these up on like fifty filesharing sites within minutes of release. cheers! - stian

ps: no bonus track on 9. i will add something later probably."

Blasting dat new EODS9!!!

http://eodtracks.bandcamp.com/album/eods9

from facebook:

"here it is, the last eods. please support me if you can through purchasing stuff you like on bandcamp, because it's getting really tough to keep the studio going when peeps put these up on like fifty filesharing sites within minutes of release. cheers! - stian

ps: no bonus track on 9. i will add something later probably."

wow what cunts

Happens with basically everyone releasing music, it's insane and impossible to stop.

As true as that is, it's likely a watmmer uploading it which makes it disrespectful.

Could at least give him a few months to make some sales before douche-maneuvering it onto what.cd or wherever lol

Happens with basically everyone releasing music, it's insane and impossible to stop.

As true as that is, it's likely a watmmer uploading it which makes it disrespectful.

Could at least give him a few months to make some sales before douche-maneuvering it onto what.cd or wherever lol

Wouldn't it be disrespectful if it wasn't a watmmer?

Of course they could wait months, but that's not how those sites work, unfortunately.

really wonder how he creates his lush melodies

With imagination and some synthesizers? Or are you hoping to hear some secret trick as if he just draws smileys in his piano rolls constantly, accidentally ending up with all these lush melodies?

This is actually Legowelt's secret, sssht.

Wouldn't it be disrespectful if it wasn't a watmmer?

Oh of course! I just meant especially so since it's someone that's part of a relatively small community.

Family, or whatevs. :cisfor:

SLOUINBAT is my fave after a quick listen, but all four tracks are great and SEND is growing on me...

​Thanks stian, looking forward to your next project!

Do people who have money to spend on music really download EODS from file sharing sites instead of buying?

I bought every one of the EODS tracks, as well as the other EOD and CN records, and I am sure that is the same for many others. If you're having cost of living issues, I dont think your fans are to blame...

Maybe you could kick Notch a copy of Nu and see if he won't contribute, I think what you need is a patron if you're going to support yourself on music - fellow musicians can't do the heavy lifting.

All that aside, much respect and thanks for the great tunes.

really wonder how he creates his lush melodies

"series gearlist:

yamaha rs7000

akai s5000

mackie cr1604 (non-vlz)

boss bx16

tascam 122mkii tape deck

arp odyssey mkii (original)

boss se70

maj spring reverb

maxon ue405

sony hr-mp5

yamaha spx90ii

korg ms-20 (original)

roland juno 60

roland jupiter 4

roland mks-50

roland tb-303

roland tr-707

roland tr-808

roland tr-909

sci pro-one (died during the series, RIP)

moog sub37 (pro-one replacement, still trying to pay it off)

korg wavestation sr

roland jv1080

yamaha tg500

yamaha tx81z

+ a yamaha mg16/6 fx i might have used on something but i can't remember if it made the cut

+ some midi/cv stuff from kenton"

Do people who have money to spend on music really download EODS from file sharing sites instead of buying?

Yes. Yes they do.

They are called assholes.

I bought every one of the EODS tracks, as well as the other EOD and CN records, and I am sure that is the same for many others. If you're having cost of living issues, I dont think your fans are to blame...

Maybe you could kick Notch a copy of Nu and see if he won't contribute, I think what you need is a patron if you're going to support yourself on music - fellow musicians can't do the heavy lifting.

All that aside, much respect and thanks for the great tunes.

never blamed the fans for anything, in fact, cost ofliving is irrelevant here.

just think it's nice if people would drop some bucks for the music, i don't feel it's too much to ask. artists should have the right to talk about money without people raising a brow, i think harlan ellison said it best, google "pay the writer". anyway i've done well through my music as it is and would never ever blame anyone else but myself if i ended up in a bad spot due to sticking with it, rest assured

let's not focus too much on that piece of the message though, i only wanted to mention it as an aside. enjoy the tracks (or don't), more stuff coming later!!

noise, that is legit! I just want to say, I know when I pirated indie stuff, I was a teenager with no money, and I know my music would be much different if I hadn't had that opportunity. I *wanted* to support the artists, and I have since day 1 of having a job. So I wouldn't take it too personally.

Dropping the subject there. Thanks again, pumped to listen to this

Archived