• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed on the donda shit...it's as if they suddenly came across graphic design like 5 minutes ago...same applies to his lame trying so hard fashion sense...i watched 5 minutes of the yeezy season thing....what a surreal exhibition in the art of nothing at all

they should have just made everyone sit in a huge spiral and wank each other off....

Has anyone held a listening party this big, or even close?

I don't think there has ever been one this big. If that's the case, then it should go down as a first of it's kind event.

Regardless of opinion of his music or persona or fashion, he is pushing things forward. He is a pop star who is trying new things. I respect that.

Also, most of the tracks sounded great. Especially track 1 with Chance on it.

It was hilarious at the end when he let other artists play tracks, you heard someone say something about an aux cable and then the unmistakable sound of an aux cable being removed from a computer and being put into another. Dude just hit play on his laptop in front of a packed MSG audience.

So if i took 300 very glum and bored models to Fukushima or Lesbos or Flint or Aleppo with my best yes men pals and held a listening party aka a chance to wax nonsensical bollocks to a large crowd, would that be 'pushing things forward' purely because nobody had done it before? The dumber the idea the more forward thinking we appear....

Guest trananhhung

So if i took 300 very glum and bored models to Fukushima or Lesbos or Flint or Aleppo with my best yes men pals and held a listening party aka a chance to wax nonsensical bollocks to a large crowd, would that be 'pushing things forward' purely because nobody had done it before? The dumber the idea the more forward thinking we appear....

If you think of it as a fashion show, it's pretty forward thinking. Normal fashion shows consist of models walking in line for 10 minutes to the beat of cheesy techno in front of a very small audience. He did it for 20.000 people, with mostly black models who had strict restrictions about what they could or not do on stage, while playing his new album. He made it a spectacle that was streamed to hundreds of movie theatres around the world. You may not like it, but there's nothing stupid about it.

With those locations it seems like you would be trying to make some kind of political statement or human rights statement, no?

If so, yes that could be quite the statement. The juxtaposition of the capitalist nature of our society and the things we idolize as a whole (beauty, money, popularity) against the backdrop of human suffering could create a positive conversation if handled correctly.

I would say no it would be exploitative bullshit. Artists should leave shit alone till at least there is some respectful distance to allow time for people to deal with the real rather than promote themselves and drive the topic through the prism of their creative jism. I get your point though. My point on the other hand was doing something that hasn't been done doesn't make what you are doing any better. Cat walk shows are shit...Kanyes wank fests of faux art are shit, a million black models wearing some kind of favela chic derelicte crap and standing around looking like they are waiting for Kanye to tell them they can smile now isn't an achievement...Beyonce is not a fucking political trailblazer standing up for the vulnerable....Jay Z isn't an art connoisseur just cause he names drop Basquiat in his songs and makes a video with Marina Abramovic.....I'm going H.A.M right now. Ham.

Archived