IGNORED

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story <Spoilers>

Rubin Farr

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new trademark filing by Disney reveals a possible Episode VIII title: Forces of Destiny

This and TFA both sound like fanfic titles.

Forces of Destiny sounds like a CCG (Collectible Card Game) expansion...

Did no one else watch this yet? Holy shit.

The first quarter of the film I was a bit skeptical. Then I started to warm up to it. The third quarter I was like ok this is quite good, and then the last quarter just grand slammed it out of the park.

I won't go into spoilers, but damn, this turned out epic, imo.

this was sooooo bad. weirdest pacing i've ever seen. every scene is thirty seconds long. no attempt to build the characters or the team as a whole, instead compartmentalizing each character off in a pair so when the final battle happens there's no sense of unity. forest whitaker doing his best frank from blue velvet before he gets incinerated on a planet that definitely isn't tatooine (how many desert planets are there in star wars where main characters happen to live?). extremely creepy cgi peter cushing. random cameos of various original trilogy characters to fill some imaginary quota that i guess some redditor will make a cool video about explaining all the references for true fans. "badass" vader going apeshit in the last minute of the film (pretty lol) followed immediately by horrendous cgi carrie fisher saying the cheesiest line in the movie, which is a feat in a movie filled with horrible dialogue. no sense of impending doom or peril despite the entire movie hinging on that for it to work. seriously this was on the same level as revenge of the sith but faggot star wars nerds are going to say it's a classic. might as well drip feed diarrhea into my bloodstream.

Guest bitroast

was half interested / half not interested in this. 

friend saw it and his description of it being completely dry and boring unable to care for characters sounded exactly like everything i hated about Godzilla (2014), by same director... which i hated hated hated.

anyone seen both godzilla and rogue one and able to comment on the two films sharing qualities that would suggest not liking godzilla = probably not going to like rogue one? 

i'm tempted to wait until Ep8 comes out and just treat myself to 2 star wars movies at once. 

1 star wars movie a year is kind of too much :psyduck:

Archived