IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could be wrong here but the last few chunks of client.js on that github suggest that once you authenticate you get an audio stream right away. i can't help but think theres already something waiting for us.

i could be wrong here but the last few chunks of client.js on that github suggest that once you authenticate you get an audio stream right away. i can't help but think theres already something waiting for us.

we have to crack the code to see if it actually is like that. can we find it in the github files?

so if you check firefox debugger while the page is open you can view prod.js which contains this code thats supposed to execute when you type in the right password:

var $msg = $('#success-message');
                $msg.addClass('display');

setTimeout(function () {
                    $msg.removeClass('display');
                }, 2000);

authenticated.authenticate();

you can go to firefox console and paste that in and you will see the green "access granted" message appear on the screen however console also spits out the error "authenticated is not defined" which means that the variable that flips when you get the right password doesnt actually exist. can someone with more JS/web dev experience tell me if i'm right to assume that this means theyre probably waiting for the countdown to finish before entering the "right" password does anything?

so if you check firefox debugger while the page is open you can view prod.js which contains this code thats supposed to execute when you type in the right password:

var $msg = $('#success-message');

$msg.addClass('display');

setTimeout(function () {

$msg.removeClass('display');

}, 2000);

authenticated.authenticate();

you can go to firefox console and paste that in and you will see the green "access granted" message appear on the screen however console also spits out the error "authenticated is not defined" which means that the variable that flips when you get the right password doesnt actually exist. can someone with more JS/web dev experience tell me if i'm right to assume that this means theyre probably waiting for the countdown to finish before entering the "right" password does anything?

kinda, if you look at some lines above it you'll see "var authenticate..." which defines what authenticate is. If you don't paste that with it then it'll give you an undefined error.

that being said, looking at what var authenticate calls in NTS_AFX, I think it's trying to contact a firebase.io application somewhere with your password and waiting for the response... no right password, no right authenticate()

but yeah I don't do webdev and have had a few beers so could be misunderstanding

Fuck. There was me thinking "saved myself £100 odd quid on a field day ticket there, i'll just watch it at home"
But just realised I'll be sat up a fucking mountain with no internet.

Arseballs.

I would be very pleased to get to experience the Field Day set. I really wanted to go but financially i couldn't make the trip work in time.

Please tell me someone here is capable of archiving this for our future home rave needs :)

Oh yessss baby, if the whole set will be a new album on it's own, I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself on the field...

mms_20170523_070003.jpg

where is that?

And this... What, where... WOHOOOO

Archived