IGNORED

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story <Spoilers>

Rubin Farr

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

admittedely its without proper cgi / editing / sound / music, but still.. its fair to assume the entire film looks like this without the careful editing and post production.. which is a pretty grim thought. the other thing that really struck me as weird was how badly the 'deleted scenes' just felt like the vaguest of shavings.

you call that a deleted scene?? this ... is a deleted scene ... (from 1.00 onwards)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qyXxLIXLw

New release schedule:

Episode 8 - December 2017

Han Solo - May 2018

Episode 9 - December 2019

Rogue One scheduled for reshoots as test reactions were less than Disney execs were hoping for, ouch.

New release schedule:

Han Solo - May 2018

Rogue One scheduled for reshoots as test reactions were less than Disney execs were hoping for, ouch.

yeah well it looks like shit from the previews ooooh asian kung fu but star wars ahh soohhh training style like batman begins barf fuck it all

New release schedule:

Han Solo - May 2018

To be fair, they had planned for extensive reshoots (that's why the filming has wrapped as of May and it is being released in December), and the rumour is the movie was a bit too dark and lacked the elements that made it a Star Wars film. This gives them time to fix things and make it the best it can be. I think Disney really wants this to be the best it can possibly be (so they can make as much money as possible and keep the hype train for Star Wars rolling).

I'll laugh when a non-mainline Star Wars movie becomes the most popular one (hey, it could happen).

In context, The Force Awakens was doing reshoots weeks before release.

Most big budget films do reshoots, that's standard. But yeah, hiring Gareth Edwards to do his vision of a SW movie, then telling him it's wrong and needs to be fixed is just a big company doing $$ business. Rumors that they're trying to shoe horn in the young Han Solo actor make little sense, as he suddenly ages what 15 years in the few days between Rogue One and A New Hope? Pfffff

Most big budget films do reshoots, that's standard. But yeah, hiring Gareth Edwards to do his vision of a SW movie, then telling him it's wrong and needs to be fixed is just a big company doing $$ business.

I'm sure Disney is interested in earning some extra money. And hey, The Force Awakens turned out pretty good and if they had any saying in what made it a better movie then I welcome them to change a few things here and there.

Most big budget films do reshoots, that's standard. But yeah, hiring Gareth Edwards to do his vision of a SW movie, then telling him it's wrong and needs to be fixed is just a big company doing $$ business. Rumors that they're trying to shoe horn in the young Han Solo actor make little sense, as he suddenly ages what 15 years in the few days between Rogue One and A New Hope? Pfffff

The rumors that they're changing the tone of the movie is what bothers me most. I enjoyed the trailer for this because it looks like a different approach to the SW universe, not dark or gritty but certainly less geared towards selling action figures to 8 year olds (and grown adults who are emotionally 8 year olds...jk). We'll see what it ends up looking like though.

The rumors that they're changing the tone of the movie is what bothers me most. I enjoyed the trailer for this because it looks like a different approach to the SW universe, not dark or gritty but certainly less geared towards selling action figures to 8 year olds (and grown adults who are emotionally 8 year olds...jk). We'll see what it ends up looking like though.

That seems to be the du jour these days with movies... 'tone changes' have been happening to a lot of upcoming movies (Suicide Squad, Batman V Superman, etc.) I guess they want the movie to come across a certain way to the audiences rather than let the director tell the story they wanted to.

I doubt they'd be able to radically change the tone of the entire movie with a few reshoots, maybe just want to lighten the mood in enough scenes to ensure there's some sense of fun to the thing, it is an important part of the star wars experience after all.

pretty sweet

https://vimeo.com/168452344

Hipster stuff no doubt, but very nice indeed.

I've been wondering about if it would be possible to make an 'image' on a record by recording different sounds on it that alter the shape of the grooves on a particular spot. Kind of like the spectrograf thing Aphex did, but then on vinyl.

Guest bitroast

i mean.. if anything the trailer was probably cut together from finished footage to reflect the tone they were wanting to show off to audience.

if you liked the trailer but worried that reshoots = disney meddling to change tone.. thats pretty absurd. its not like gareth edwards released the trailer behind disneys back and now disney is like 'hang on you cant release THIS?'.

hollywood films must be a nightmare to cobble together these days who knows what the fuck reshoots really means for quality of the film.

the rumor going around for suicide squad was that trailer was more upbeat than film really was, and reshoots were in part response to positive reaction to upbeat trailer.

I doubt they'd be able to radically change the tone of the entire movie with a few reshoots, maybe just want to lighten the mood in enough scenes to ensure there's some sense of fun to the thing, it is an important part of the star wars experience after all.

Lightening the mood to ensure there's a 'sense of fun' likely would change the tone of the entire film, if the trailer's tone=film's tone. That's of course a big if, but given that trailer, I'd assume as much as would anyone. Important part of SW be damned, I just want a good movie, 'fun' tone or not, does not matter at the end of the day...my interest was piqued with Rogue One because it looked like a slightly different take on the same universe. The trailer looked like it'd make a good movie, that's all I know thus far.

i mean.. if anything the trailer was probably cut together from finished footage to reflect the tone they were wanting to show off to audience.

if you liked the trailer but worried that reshoots = disney meddling to change tone.. thats pretty absurd. its not like gareth edwards released the trailer behind disneys back and now disney is like 'hang on you cant release THIS?'.

hollywood films must be a nightmare to cobble together these days who knows what the fuck reshoots really means for quality of the film.

the rumor going around for suicide squad was that trailer was more upbeat than film really was, and reshoots were in part response to positive reaction to upbeat trailer.

I don't think Edwards secretly released the trailer, Disney would behead that poor guy in an alleyway for that. Your assumption that anyone who even vaguely understands what Disney is would think that is what's absurd. :nelson:

It's now rumored that 40% of the film will be reshot... dunno if that's a positive or a negative, and supposedly the writer is being brought in to work more closely with the director to ensure what he wrote gets translated to film (sounds like Edwards went off in his own direction in some aspects of the film's overall tone and story).

Lightening the mood to ensure there's a 'sense of fun' likely would change the tone of the entire film, if the trailer's tone=film's tone. That's of course a big if, but given that trailer, I'd assume as much as would anyone. Important part of SW be damned, I just want a good movie, 'fun' tone or not, does not matter at the end of the day...my interest was piqued with Rogue One because it looked like a slightly different take on the same universe. The trailer looked like it'd make a good movie, that's all I know thus far.

I don't think Edwards secretly released the trailer, Disney would behead that poor guy in an alleyway for that. Your assumption that anyone who even vaguely understands what Disney is would think that is what's absurd. :nelson:

Who knows what these reshoots will result in - if the movie is a failure both financially and critically (highly doubtful on the financial aspect), fans will forever wonder if Edwards had the right vision and Disney messed it up or vice-versa.

Suicide Squad will be very telling to see what the result of extensive reshoots will do to the movie's success (or lack thereof).

Guest bitroast

tbh. i hated godzilla and was dying to just stand up and walk out but it was opening night @ imax screening with friends and i just couldn't do that in a packed cinema but ... yeah i mean. i've had my reservations about this film 100% since the very first announcement. very tricky to tell what's happening with this one

This could end up like Ant-Man where the original director's vision was basically trashed although in that case he walked away, my point being the Disney machine can make anything into anything else.

Don't worry, they're bringing in Lindelof and his magic light meter to fix everything. In this version of events, they kill the Death Star by pulling a giant cork out of it.

2B340E1A-8355-4E32-BAB0-339740E9DC7F_zps

This could end up like Ant-Man where the original director's vision was basically trashed although in that case he walked away, my point being the Disney machine can make anything into anything else.

I forgot about that! And Ant-Man turned out pretty good IMO, so there's hope that Rogue One will still come out good too.

Archived