IGNORED

Touched Music For Macmillan Cancer Support 3

Bought it but downloading the FLACs is turning into a Sisyphean task as my internet is whack at the moment. Got to 7.5gb then it failed yesterday, current eta is 2 days and I know my internet will cut out before then.

Will I listen to mp3?

WILL I FUCK.

:emotawesomepm9:

Bandcamp really needs a better download option for massive files.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm baffled at those having issues. I know it's not your guys' fault but are you subscribed to a Ugandan ISP or something?

I don't understand why you'd be cut off at a certain % DL'ed, etc. More than likely it's local power settings or something interfering with the download, no?

Ok non-snarky sidenote... maybe you guys should try a download manager program or something, it might help? =/

edit: <3 .

Guest bitroast

I'm baffled at those having issues. I know it's not your guys' fault but are you subscribed to a Ugandan ISP or something?

I don't understand why you'd be cut off at a certain % DL'ed, etc. More than likely it's local power settings or something interfering with the download, no?

Ok non-snarky sidenote... maybe you guys should try a download manager program or something, it might help? =/

you're baffled that not everyone lives in america or has american internet ?

canada* canadian **

Ive nabbed all of the Touched comps from bandcamp (and that icasea beast) ok from my humble 8Mb connection (so downloads at a theoretical maximum of 1MB/s)

don't think it's the connection, cause i live in utopian europe with perfect connection and couldnt get to dl the mp3 zip. when unzipped it always stopped at the 'w'. might be something wrong with the zip itself? 

It is my connection, router is frigged and we are in process of getting it fixed. Installed download manager for chrome so hopefully I can resume this time!

Really can't wait to start mixing with this bootilicious bounty.

Sisyphean is a great word, have it for free fam.

you're baffled that not everyone lives in america or has american internet ?

canada* canadian **

No. I'm baffled because all of the people posting that are having problems live in first world countries which should presumably have first world ISPs. 

That's why I stated it's more than likely an issue other than the ISP, IE operating system problems such as power saving which can stop certain scripts from running such as downloading.

It is my connection, router is frigged and we are in process of getting it fixed. Installed download manager for chrome so hopefully I can resume this time!

Ive nabbed all of the Touched comps from bandcamp (and that icasea beast) ok from my humble 8Mb connection (so downloads at a theoretical maximum of 1MB/s)

My points exactly!

don't think it's the connection, cause i live in utopian europe with perfect connection and couldnt get to dl the mp3 zip. when unzipped it always stopped at the 'w'. might be something wrong with the zip itself? 

If that were the case, we'd all have issues, no? =/

It'd be good if there was an option to select multiple files that you want to download then get a custom made zip - I might suggest that to Bandcamp actually.

Not everyone can afford cable. And ADSL is just too shaky for this kind of size. 

Going to try that download manager - sometimes sites like BC don't like them though so will report back!

As for a recommended download manager, FreeDownloadManager sounds like something that'll instantly fill your machine up with adware and spyware horribles but it's not - Light on resources, completely free, no ads, and yep I like: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Tried this - when I resumed it just came up with 'File changed on remote server'. Didn't think it'd work for Bandcamp, sadly.

been listening to this the last few days at work. wasn't paying attention to track listing but at about the one minute mark in slip when that simple lead came in i totally knew it was a paranerd track.

good shit  :music:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived