IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

Just put it in . Holy shit that has got to be the most cost effective way to upgrade performance. This thing is flying now

Bought a SSD for my 2011 MBP - last ditch effort to save it before moving on . Wish me luck

i have the same comp with samsungs evo 850 ssd. it works like a new

http://spacecasetapeecho.com/

Most of the crop of cassette based things from the last few years have looked kind of gimmicky and overpriced for what they are, but this looks like it's going to be pretty amazing (and probably prohibitively expensive).

The thing that I'd be worried about is the fact that there is only one cassette transport mechanism in current production AFAIK, and by all accounts it's TERRIBLE.  So unless the whole transport is proprietary then that could be an issue.

Really jonesing for a novation circuit. With all the updates, it seems like they’ve turned it into the groove box ive always wanted.

Almost seems like a digitakt killer with the current specs, especially at less than half the price.

Just bought a circuit for $213. For everything it does now with the updates, this has to be the best deal out there right now.

I guess most people don’t realize what VAs are capable of, but since I’ve been bunkered down these past few years, I do.

This guy is hilarious.

Should mention I’m getting this for live use. I played out with an em1 the other night along side a friend on an emx, plus a tr8 someone had hooked up. It was so fun.

The circuit as a cheap live box seems quite formidable.

Edited by sheathe

Yeah I think I need to get a Circuit again. I sold it mostly because I needed the money, but also because nanoloop2 is pretty much my go-to portable music solution.. but man I miss it even though I only ever made inoffensive downtempo IDM with it lol.

These tracks are basically all I did with it, apart from a few other sketches that I didn't record (I kept my backups though).

I think I started getting into interesting territory with the single channel video. Definitely something I want to revisit if I get a Circuit again.

ull eat those words when it turns out this device can allow u to project anime girls irl and have a deep and insightful conversation with the projection about what parameters to hand out next n stuff

I mean, I think that's about what it can do actually. Music making was once just allow us connections and funds to procure anime tiddies, now we can bypass the middle man and just design our own.

Being able to save multiple sequences appeals to me, as well as the possibility for actual sync connectivity beyond just USB and the half-baked sync pulse functionality of the OP-1.

HATERADE

- I always thought the Circuit sounded not good. My buddy has one and his house always had this funny kind of sweat/urine smell (you know, like when you air-dry your clothes indoors?), and he lent me his Circuit and it had absorbed that same smell and I couldn't even bring myself to turn it on. I don't know if it's an association thing but every time I see/hear the Circuit in action I just think of that smell. It always sounds to me like an indie video game soundtrack. Granted, some indie games have really good soundtracks but they almost all have this kind of detached, plasticky quality to them, and that's exactly what the Circuit is to me.

- I love my PO's but I was very disappointed in the OP-1 (which coincidentally same buddy lent me) and I have 0 interest in the OP-Z. Like, when I read the description of it, it seems like something I should get really excited about but the spark is just not there.

Edited by sweepstakes

I always thought the Circuit sounded not good ... I couldn't even bring myself to turn it on.

lol

It's samples and an unusually deep subtractive synthesis engine. It's up to you to make it sound good. Sorry, I've had a hard time lately with people complaining about gear demos not sounding exactly the way they want them to sound (for example, tons of people saying the OP-Z is too "chiptune" just because there haven't been many demos showing otherwise yet). To me, that's like saying the monomachine sounds like shit because the default sound is a sine wave.

lol yeah, fair. I did play with it a bit at his house as well and it still had THAT sound. But I definitely could have given it more of a chance. There's just something repulsive about it to me. I know I'm being completely unfair and unreasonable.

I think it's that reverb... built-in reverb is always dicey. Novation has made some gorgeous VA's in the past though.