IGNORED

Radiohead - OKNOTOK

jules

20th anniversary (wtf already?) reissue of OK Computer. Special edition looks pretty sick.

All versions include the B-sides from the era, but more notably also contains Lift and Man of War (Big Boots)

Super curious about the cassette mix they put together from the sessions.

Rescued from defunct formats, prised from dark cupboards and brought to light after two decades in cold storage… OK COMPUTER: the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes*.

Inside a black box emblazoned with a dark image of a burned copy of OK COMPUTER are three heavyweight 180 gram black 12" vinyl records and a hardcover book containing more than 30 artworks, many of which have never been seen before except by us, and full lyrics to all the tracks except the ones that haven't really got any lyrics.

Under this weighty tome are yet more surprises: a notebook containing 104 pages from Thom Yorke's library of scrawled notes of the time, a sketchbook containing 48 pages of Donwood and Tchock's 'preparatory work' and a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by us, taken from OK COMPUTER session archives and demo tapes.

To avoid accusations of wilful obscurity, a 320k MP3, 16- or 24-bit WAV download of 23 tracks will be available to you on 23rd June and a download of the cassette will be inside the box. This edition is currently only available from this site and will ship to you from July.

http://www.oknotok.co.uk/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's a hefty price. I'm curious about the cassette too. I'm sure the 100 pages of Thom's journal is pure lunacy since he was going crazy around that era. Someone will end up uploading both of them online though.

Normally buy all the wacky versions of Radiohead stuff but this time ... mmm think it's unfortunately a bit above my budget :(

20th anniversary (wtf already?) reissue of OK Computer. Special edition looks pretty sick.

I know, Chemical Brothers' Dig Your Own Hole turned 20 as well and I felt really old realizing that.

That cassette will be a fun listen. Wonder if we'll have to wait for a rip or if they'll provide a digital copy of it...or is just a mix of the other tracks?

130.00? Thom is finally going to get that eye fixed I suppose...

hey hey hey hey....

I know, Chemical Brothers' Dig Your Own Hole turned 20 as well and I felt really old realizing that.

That cassette will be a fun listen. Wonder if we'll have to wait for a rip or if they'll provide a digital copy of it...or is just a mix of the other tracks?

There is a digital copy of the cassette in the box. I think it is a mix of stuff they were working on during the time. Maybe snippets of nude, true love waits, etc.

Bit of a cunty thing to say.

Ordered the blue vinyl from Recordstore.co.uk on Tuesday, only to get a cancellation email today due to an allocation fuckup on their part. Not amused. THINK I might be able to source another from a record shop near the mrs though, fingers crossed.

Not really humorous or necessary. Texas is a different world I guess.

hey hey hey hey....

Was that funny in your little privileged world?

Hey, that Clark track really melts your head off.

the standard editions seem a bit lackluster (the Parlophone special edition from 10 years ago has  more material, minus those 3 new tracks) and the deluxe edition (which seems actually really interesting) is 2expensive4me... oh well

hey hey hey hey....
Was that funny in your little privileged world?

does it sound like i thought it was funny?

if you were smart or good at anything you could get a decent job. and if you had a decent job and were good at it, you could have privileges too. that's a shame.

chill the fuck out.

i'm waiting for the version that includes follow me around. at that point i will achieve enlightenment and can finally move on from listening to the same music i was into in middle school.

hey hey hey hey....
Was that funny in your little privileged world?

does it sound like i thought it was funny?

if you were smart or good at anything you could get a decent job. and if you had a decent job and were good at it, you could have privileges too. that's a shame.

chill the fuck out.

Still confused as to why Clark is so divisive around here...

one of my fav records.. will buy the digital versions... super stoked for all the B-sides.. 

hope squarepusher does a b-sides of go plastic era.. totally OT but throwing it out there.. 

radiohead b sides will be nice to savor. nice gift to fans really. 

Archived