IGNORED

Pizza with pineapple on it is the worst thing humanity has perpetrated

Dan C

It could be aight. Been sticking to the usual veggie or Italian chicken sausage pizza made at home. Pineapple has grown on my GF and I occasionally we make pineapple pizza. WE LIVE IN SIN

One of my earliest memories is vomiting strawberries onto the kitchen floor when I was 4.  That pizza pic brought that trauma back. 

Why did you vomit strawberries all over the floor?  This sounds like a good story!

Funny what we remember from being really young haha! 

my earliest memory was also unpleasant and food-related. I was on the London tube during a family holiday and my mum was stuffing chips into my mouth and telling me to eat and stop crying cos there wasn't anything else. I'd've been about two, I think.

I tried to eat Corn Flakes with a fork and orange juice from a glass dish instead of a spoon and milk from a ceramic bowl when I was about 3. That's one of my earliest memories.

One of my earliest memories is vomiting strawberries onto the kitchen floor when I was 4.  That pizza pic brought that trauma back. 

Why did you vomit strawberries all over the floor?  This sounds like a good story!

You already know the good part.  The other part of the story is that I ate a lot of strawberries that afternoon.  Oh, and I remember the exact location of the upchuck: just through the doorway from the hall, right next to the counter.  Strawberry puree.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

mango works well in curry, you can dice it, blend a chunk in with pureed onions & garlic after roasting spices, would take that over pineapple

pineapple reminds me of a vegan flatshare who would make fruit curries, cumin & ground coriander werent meant for orange slices mf, not when they wilt so fully you had to retrieve slime casing remnants....a bowl of rice & sauce would've sufficed but sometimes you gotta take 1 for the team

my earliest memory was also unpleasant and food-related. I was on the London tube during a family holiday and my mum was stuffing chips into my mouth and telling me to eat and stop crying cos there wasn't anything else. I'd've been about two, I think.

the worst aspect here was yer Ma was prob right, London only got its food worlds truly sorted by the late 80's, prior to that it was chippys, dodgy kebabs, greasy slops chinese & pizza aberrations, which would've left you with bags of crisps, chocolate & fruit pastilles 

even chippy chips can be v hit & miss, which is criminal considering thats their mainstay

Dansak isn't supposed to use pineapple, they're traditionally made with gourds (pumpkins or the like), presumably they couldn't find any one day in a British Indian restaurant so they substituted a tinned pineapple instead, it works though. Adds a nice sweetness, but with a hint of sour as well.

i can see the logic of a type of fruit cutting thru lamb's fattier aspects, my kid bro chef uses pretty full on searing and lime juice somewhere in that process

there are a couple of places in Cardiff that do a whole leg of lamb, but you have to book it 48hrs in advance for the prep, its pure theater when it comes out, is carved & served up

tinned pineapple & cream was teh only thing apart from gallons of morphine that kept me half-sane after an extended hospital stay, proper throwback

back to pizza, homemade dough experiments are gonna be the evening chores for the next few weeks, cant keep reading this thread without actualizing the lack of places to buy anything remotely edible, it cant be that hard & our oven fires like a furnace which should be the alchemical keys to a better end product

how more places havent caught on to this gap in the market is absurd, especially if you offer it by the slice too & the quality is there, Bristol has 1 maybe 2 decent gaffs but their range is a few basics meats n peppers & onions, getting a "white" pizza laced with the only acceptable forms of cheese and lashings of garlic i havent found anywhere even during extended sojourns to London working, compounded by referencing Yelp filled up with wannabe authors that miss variety specifics

Edited by cwmbrancity

Pineapple in rice is okay. Not my thing, sister loves it though.

Loco Moco?
Wat? Loco moco is rice, burger, gravy, and a fried egg with a requisite side scoop of commodity macaroni salad and it is top notch hangover eats. Aside from the obvious Hawaiian connection it has no business in this embarrassment of a thread.

Pineapple in rice is okay. Not my thing, sister loves it though.

Loco Moco?
Wat? Loco moco is rice, burger, gravy, and a fried egg with a requisite side scoop of commodity macaroni salad and it is top notch hangover eats. Aside from the obvious Hawaiian connection it has no business in this embarrassment of a thread.

=(

lol. 

Loco moco is great. Haven't seen pineapple in rice other than loco moco though, is why I was asking. Would love some loco moco right now tbh.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj