IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Paradox (Trip Records)

Extralife

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contacted them, no reply. Poor.

I said fuck it and filed a PayPal dispute, which of course went to Bandcamp since they're brokering all orders now. So Bandcamp have picked it up and are contacting Trip with me CC'd. Hopefully something comes of it. I hate to be "that guy" in these situations, but... It isn't too much to expect a new piece of wax to be shipped in new condition. So the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

discovered aleksi from reading watmm.

ordered both simulation and paradox from redeye.

created an account to join in on the fun. hello!

Welcome! And Redeye, now THERE is a shop that knows how to ship records!

lp as expected is great. sleeve is split, but i stopped caring about having an immaculate collection awhile ago, decided to just enjoy the tunes instead of worrying about keeping things 'mint'. i can see why people would be upset though.

In truth, I'm the last guy to be ultra precious about everything staying nice. It's more that the album was new, shipped direct via expensive postage from the label. So that really seems inexcusable. If I'd got it from a distro, I'd actually feel less upset, because it had already been through the post at least once before coming to me.

Also, the fact that they are flat out ignoring everyone who has contacted them about it seems even worse.

Anyway, musically - Paradox is the Colundi tits! Enjoying it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Colundi gone happy hardcore, good shit.

On track 3 or 4 there are a few weird clicks which I thought might be down to the version I got off slsk saying 'original mix' or something (and a different cover) ie a premastered version. Played the vinyl on Saturday, clicks still there. Either it's part of the track or they done fucked up.

yep on track 4 but it sounds like some percussion to my hear 

This scratch my ears. So bad this happens, and on one of the best tracks...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the album that has finally turned me into a full paid up colundi believer. It's fucking magic. I don't know what it is about it but it makes me FEEL absolutely fucking invincible, like I could take up parkour and start jumping off buildings. It completely rewires my brain. Magic magic magic. It was all true

Archived