IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

There are a few REALLY good places to get asian baked goods here (and stuff like Banh Mi). I imagine Vancouver is better; don't know much about Victoria as I'm usually just passing through on my way to Nanaimo. 

this is making me hungry lol

Our Chinatown is small but mighty.  Vancouver's Chinatown is like a mini-metropolis.  Goddamn I really want Chinese food now but nothing is open.  Fffffffffffuuuuuu  :wtf:

...except for 7-11.  7-11 is open.  That somehow only makes things worse.

how did this turn out? 

ginger beef taquito or some other 7-11 abomination? lol

I opted to go to bed hungry.  The other day I attempted to get a buffalo chicken taquito, but said:

"I'll have one of those buffalo chicken things."

"How many?"

"Just one."

Guy gives me a single buffalo wing.

"Thanks..."

I didn't realize there were actual buffalo wings back there too, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  It was surprisingly satisfying!  And I was quite happy with just one - breakfast of champions.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

lol a single chicken wing  :catsuicide:

I sometimes buy gas or cigarettes at a 7-11 close by, and they have like a whole section of hot food now? Fried chicken, pizzas, taquitos, burritos, burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, fries and onion rings and potato wedges etcccccccc.

I hadn't been into a 7-11 in years, was really surprised to see all that. =/

I sometimes buy gas or cigarettes at a 7-11 close by, and they have like a whole section of hot food now? Fried chicken, pizzas, taquitos, burritos, burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, fries and onion rings and potato wedges etcccccccc.

it's amazing the shapes they can form out of pure sodium

it's amazing the shapes they can form out of pure sodium

Yeah man, one of the main reasons I avoid fast food or processed stuff. I have really high blood pressure (cortisol/stress response shit). I Lol at people that still think going to subway is a healthy choice - 1000+ calories and 2-5g of salt. 

He currently works in the Atlanta Braves' front office as Special Assistant to Baseball Operations.[1]

I wonder if there are other parts of our nervous system that are also just as conscious and self-aware as us but which "we", the higher level reading and responding part, cannot access, and they are kind of trapped in a state of existence where they feel like they have no control over the body they inhabit.  I doubt it, "we" are probably the only high enough level system in ourselves to even contemplate such concepts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

Experiments on split-brain people have shown that when the visual field is split and one eye is shown text, then if the text was seen in an eye feeding information to the side of the brain opposite their dominant speech-control center, they cannot speak the word they saw.  Who knows if this is a phenomenon limited to these isolated medical examples, or whether this effect also happens in different ways we haven't discovered yet, which affect our sense of consciousness but in a way which we are used to and therefore don't notice or can't describe it.  Regardless it succinctly deconstructs consciousness as being a largely, if not completely, physical phenomenon.

Edited by Zeffolia

Regardless it succinctly deconstructs consciousness as being a largely, if not completely, physical phenomenon.

I don't think even hardcore idealists would deny the strong connection between body and consciousness, for example even just the tactile sense that arises in one's mind as the finger presses the key on the keyboard, nevermind the huge consciousness shift when the body enters sleep, psychoactive drugs ingested into the system, or a knockout blow to the temple etc. Saying that consciousness is wholly a physical epiphenomenon based on the physical effecting changes in consciousness whilst not taking into account the effects of conscious states on the physical body is somewhat remiss, and I don't believe we're beyond the agnostic stage objectively speaking in the situation at the moment, irrespective of subjective belief-cum-experience*.

Consciousness affecting physical responses is definitely lacking with regards to research though; such as looking at the entire central and peripheral nervous system in the cases of wilful conscious states that then effect large physical changes such as meditation from before, during, and after in extremely precise instancing and detailing etc., but the technology isn't really up to it the moment to offer anything great unfortunately, nor is even our understanding of the brain w.r.t. consciousness, much other than 'this area lights up and the subject reports x'. 

It's definitely a fun subject though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_correlates_of_consciousness

*Although that's all we'll ever have, ho-ho :P

At 1:35/1:36 in When The Levee Breaks there's a weirdly loud high hat in the right channel, it sounds almost like they spliced the tape or or something.

Edited by auxien

Regardless it succinctly deconstructs consciousness as being a largely, if not completely, physical phenomenon.

I don't think even hardcore idealists would deny the strong connection between body and consciousness, for example even just the tactile sense that arises in one's mind as the finger presses the key on the keyboard, nevermind the huge consciousness shift when the body enters sleep, psychoactive drugs ingested into the system, or a knockout blow to the temple etc. Saying that consciousness is wholly a physical epiphenomenon based on the physical effecting changes in consciousness whilst not taking into account the effects of conscious states on the physical body is somewhat remiss, and I don't believe we're beyond the agnostic stage objectively speaking in the situation at the moment, irrespective of subjective belief-cum-experience*.

Consciousness affecting physical responses is definitely lacking with regards to research though; such as looking at the entire central and peripheral nervous system in the cases of wilful conscious states that then effect large physical changes such as meditation from before, during, and after in extremely precise instancing and detailing etc., but the technology isn't really up to it the moment to offer anything great unfortunately, nor is even our understanding of the brain w.r.t. consciousness, much other than 'this area lights up and the subject reports x'. 

It's definitely a fun subject though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_correlates_of_consciousness

*Although that's all we'll ever have, ho-ho :P

Yeah I don't claim to be an expert and I'm likely completely wrong but materialist explanations are just my intuitions regarding the topic.  No doubt it will end up being much more complicated than anyone alive today suspects, but I'm confident that in the end it is completely natural and explainable within a scientific framework of reality as opposed to being supernatural.  This may just involve expansions of what is considered natural to accommodate it though.  Just my speculations.  

At 1:35/1:36 in When The Levee Breaks there's a weirdly loud high hat in the right channel, it sounds almost like they spliced the tape or or something.

Nice one!  Either that or for some reason the attack of the compressor didn't grab it in time for that particular hit.

Who would be Prez then?

As long as it's someone who actually cares about helping people and the environment, I don't care who.

(page brek u suk)

Edited by ambermonk