IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I'm not smart like most watmmers.

Hopefully one day my brain will grow up big and strong and I'll be smot like all you guys and gals.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

There is no such thing as still space, only relativity.  It is still really, really, really, really, really, really fun to think of Earf decelerating from a million mph over say a second, pulling a gnarly -46,000 Gs.

Edited by Bob Dobalina

I'm glad my moka pot sermon has inspired so many. I enjoy the primitive aspect of it but also the strong-ass coffee is like crack that makes you look forward to the morning and when you try different beans you appreciate the subtle nuances. Medium dark roasts seem like a good bet usually, but I wanna get some fancy beans when my current batch runs out. 

I'm in the manual espresso machine corner, but moka, drip and french press can all make a decent cup of coffee if you're doing it right. I never even looked into pour over, that scene grosses me out.

I'm an idiot, the espresso machine is semi automatic, manual espresso machines are too nerdy.

Edited by Gocab

yeah hario single pour over with a goose neck kettle has by far the easiest to best tasting ratio of all the options. French press is trash. the mud, the cleaning. moka pots are great, still takes more time and there’s cleaning. I once did the math on how much I spend on to go coffee every year and could have bought a damn gaggia

Yeah, sorry. There are a lot of these guys around nowadays.

Anyway, I like to make Turkish coffee in a little copper kettle thingie every now and then, sweet and weird and so so muddy, but the "mud" falls to the bottom. It's more of a desert than a cup of coffee though. Sounds like the French press you've had has been made with too finely ground coffee? The grounds are supposed stay in the pot, and you just rinse it out with water...

Edited by Gocab

Oh yeah, pour over has been my main method since highschool... though I never knew that was what it's called.  To me it was just "I'm making coffee."  Moka pot's been a new addition to my life, and the quality of my morning cups have been ultimately more satisfying.  It's really just a big espresso though.

we are travelling through what you can kind of think of as still space at over 1 million miles an hour. thats pretty fucking mental. imagine if some kind of quantum accident happened where the earth became trapped by the dimensions within a vacuum and the earth just stopped dead from a speed of 1 million miles an hour. 

Everything not firmly attached would fly off the Earth and into space, continuing to travel at million miles/h, eventually hitting another lucky planet and inseminate it with their DNA. The life cycle continues

The general concensus on evolution (as I understand it) is that all species share a common anscenstor as in all species on earth are branches of the same tree. Something that has been nagging me about this is the following...

Be it that either life was created here or came from eslewhere shouldn't there reasonably have been several instances of that occurring not only geographically but during time? My point being, shouldn't there be evidence of species being branches of several different trees? is there evidence of this? and if not... isn't that incredibly odd an improvable?

The general concensus on evolution (as I understand it) is that all species share a common anscenstor as in all species on earth are branches of the same tree. Something that has been nagging me about this is the following...

Be it that either life was created here or came from eslewhere shouldn't there reasonably have been several instances of that occurring not only geographically but during time? My point being, shouldn't there be evidence of species being branches of several different trees? is there evidence of this? and if not... isn't that incredibly odd an improvable?

Well nothing is proven so far and the question of origins of life is still here. However, the primordial state were simple elements joining into complex compounds. Initially there was only a chemical evolution with the basic elements which eventually formed first biological monomers, with carbon being the most capable of forming diverse polymers that are able to form cells from molecules. How? I don't know. But there are very plausible theories of self-organization on the atomic and subatomic levels, going up the scales. Like a master-algorithm if you like. This chaotic process could form first simple cells who then went through a biological evolution, which probably eliminated unsuitable cells unable to exist in the current state of Earth's environment. As the Earth's environment gradually changed, cells had to evolve into a greater diversity, but the original different cells also gradually could not adapt anymore. So, there is probably this champion cell....

Well nothing is proven so far and the question of origins of life is still here. However, the primordial state were simple elements joining into complex compounds. Initially there was only a chemical evolution with the basic elements which eventually formed first biological monomers, with carbon being the most capable of forming diverse polymers that are able to form cells from molecules. How? I don't know. But there are very plausible theories of self-organization on the atomic and subatomic levels, going up the scales. Like a master-algorithm if you like. This chaotic process could form first simple cells who then went through a biological evolution, which probably eliminated unsuitable cells unable to exist in the current state of Earth's environment. As the Earth's environment gradually changed, cells had to evolve into a greater diversity, but the original different cells also gradually could not adapt anymore. So, there is probably this champion cell....

maybe.. is an interesting train of thought nevertheless

farts are shitty air

if you can smell something, it's probably little shit particles or something, no? What if you can taste it? Are you eating shit air? 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj