IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Sometimes I feel bad only giving new music somewhere between a few seconds and 2 minutes to impress me but then I think of all the time I've saved and I know it's probably for the better in the long run.

Yep.

I'll at least skip ahead a bit if I have the ability to see if it gets less crappy, but generally I know what I like, and what I don't like is pretty easy to find, so it's no loss.

i should really watch "dirty money" netflix series but i'm sure it'll just fine tune m hatred of the big banks and reinforce my expectation that we're headed for another economic crash because of shady shit and bad trump decisions. 

diving into renoise is a better use of time. 

getting up early on a day off when i'd rather sleep in but have to meet the plumber who's 3 weeks delayed for various reasons

i've listened to Rock Lobster 10 or so times tonight... 

i need to make a tempo map/groove file of the 2nd half of the song. beat and groove pocket so dope. 

Edited by ignatius

I think I might like every New Wave hit single from the 80's... maybe this was my favorite genre all along and I just never knew.  The number of discographies I need to go through just increased by several years worth of music listening.  Fuck.

Earth is remote on purpose. Life was sent here to be contained.

this is actually a great premise for a sci-fi novel i am yet to read.

Edited by messiaen

Earth is remote on purpose. Life was sent here to be contained.

this is actually a great premise for a sci-fi novel i am yet to read.

If you think about where we are in the galaxy, it's like we're in Siberia.

^ This piqued my curiosity about stellar density in the Milky Way - according to what I could find (surprisingly not that much, though first hit brought me here) the density of stars towards the center of our galaxy is roughly 100x that in our spiral arm.

also

Ever notice how people can't help but pronounce "orangutan" with a g sound and the end of the last syllable? O RANG U TANG

I heard that word both spoken and sung long before I ever saw it written, so it's etched in my brain as "arang-uh-tang" since that is the most common pronunctiation I've heard.

Have you heard of Martha & the Muffins? Check'em out u might likey

Thanks for the recommendation - just checked out the song "echo beach," and I like it very much.  The foxy keyboardist doesn't hurt either.  :wub:  :wang:  :ok:

yeah, I don't get that bolt of lightning excitment feeling when I discover great music, anymore. Not like in my early 20's

I attributed it to the identity crisis of my 30s. Seeing this on a hardcore musical board makes me feel much better now. Thanks watmm. When I'm going to be rich I will sponsor 70 bucks every month for its maintenance, even throw in a bit extra.

I still have Discogs bookmarked on the third spot though, as a reminder of the gold-rush past.

I find I'm not getting super autistically deep into one band/artist at a time like I used to in my early 20s. instead I hop from one to the next a lot more quickly and only repeat-listen to stuff if I'm really into it. I find it harder to focus on stuff that I don't feel an immediate engagement or at least lingering curiosity about, which makes me worry sometimes that my listening ability is getting shallower. or maybe I'm just getting less patient, idk.

I think it has to do with listening to so much music that you’ve heard a lot of things like the new band you’re hearing. Even the bands you got obsessed with years ago weren’t necessarily unique, they just sounded fresh to your less experienced ears and got tattooed on your brain more easily.

Also, making electronic music is kind of fucked right? Our society has chosen to harvest and generate these vast quantities of living energy, electricity, the stuff our consciousness theoretically runs on, in big hubs, chanelling it out to most homes and businesses, for heat, lighting, food, water. And we use it to force little membranes to vibrate at the frequencies of our choosing. Like we have these little orchestras chained up in boxes and we order them to play some of the most ungodly shit imaginable over and over and over...

Yeah.

Edited by drukqs