IGNORED

A guide to Autechre by Deep Cuts

wredny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool

Although I’ll never understand why so many people shit on Peel Session 2

I’m not saying it’s in their top releases, but Gelk alone makes it quite a gem in my mind, so when he calls it their weakest it just cuts me very deep

Very cool

I’m not saying it’s in their top releases, but Gelk alone makes it quite a gem in my mind, so when he calls it their weakest it just cuts me very deep

For me, omitting Surripere while discussing Draft 7.30 is a crime, but hey, it's all subjective, ain't it? Still, we need to acknowledge this guy's quality work.

At the risk of sullying this thread with the mention of the name, I’ll spoil this.

way fucking better than Fantano

He knows his shit, and further I’d say I mostly agree with his vague rankings. Good overview for non-fanboys :)

Kinda figured he’d throw in some clips as well, but I guess that would complicate things in posting on YouTube. Not sure how all that works.

Gonna have to check out the channel. Thanks for posting.

(agree with his opinion on EP7)

That was another sour point imo

Most everything else he said matched my feelings so I was shocked we differred so much on EP7 and Peel Session 2

Such is Ae I guess

my goodness I love autechre.  This guy in the video has a beautiful way of describing some of the best music of my life.  I'm listening to records I haven't listened to in a long time.  Memories of watching the vinyl spin and being immersed in their musical world so long ago flooding back into focus.

damn this guy is so good and i love his sincere dedication to music. great guide and made me respin caustic slide and exai

i also feel sorry for him cause after an autechre binge like that he prob won't be able to find interest in other music for a while

Props on being one of the only people I've seen discuss Ae with the feverish fanboyism of this forum without coming off as a total knob in the process.

Double props on not horribly mangling the track title pronunciations.

Triple props on getting me to sit through a 50 minute video on a subject that I'm about as well versed in as anyone could reasonably be.

Very cool

that's why i never care about "opinions". to me peel session 2 is priceless. i love the "jazziness" of it...

Archived