IGNORED

Aphex collaboration imminent

____-_-____

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he did a colab years ago with russell haswell maybe that’s finally going to see the light, hope it’s not that though but something more interesting.

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

My money's on the guy who sang with Faith No More before Mike Patton joined.

Not the smartest bet. Chuck Mosley recently passed away. 

15 hours ago, chronical said:

god I hope it's not vsnares

Nobody from the Great White North, unfortunately (I still hold hope for a Lights x Aphex collab :dadjoke:)

14 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

does it have a butthole, i need to know

Er, not verified, but a safe bet

I've been hoping to hear a Vibert & James collab ever since that interview when RDJ talked about LV's feedback on his analord work. That "Orphans" "staircase" piece was fucking killer. Need more tunes like that in my life lately. Actually, why the fuck am I not listening to that right now. Gotta change that...

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That's what'll make it especially impressive.

Truthfully, I would really be into that collaboration. I’m actually a bigger fan of the pre-Patton FNM era. 

1 hour ago, Ivan Ooze said:
1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:
Truthfully, I would really be into that collaboration. I’m actually a bigger fan of the pre-Patton FNM era. 

Wut?

I know it’s a controversial opinion but it’s true. I really only dig the first 4 FNM albums and of those, I’m a bigger fan of the 1st and 2nd. I listen to them MUCH more. Patton is great/super talented, but there’s just something raw about Chuck that I respond more to. I feel with MP, it’s more about pyrotechnics and showmanship whereas there’s something more vulnerable and real (though, admittedly, far less polished) about Chuck that I really love. Plus, his lyrics are a bit more personal.  Also, I like that the style of the early songwriting is more rhythmic and primal.

I’m not trolling or being purely contrarian either. 

*Edit*

Case in point...

8 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I know it’s a controversial opinion but it’s true. I really only dig the first 4 FNM albums and of those, I’m a bigger fan of the 1st and 2nd. I listen to them MUCH more. Patton is great/super talented, but there’s just something raw about Chuck that I respond more to. I feel with MP, it’s more about pyrotechnics and showmanship whereas there’s something more vulnerable and real (though, admittedly, far less polished) about Chuck that I really love. Plus, his lyrics are a bit more personal.  Also, I like that the style of the early songwriting is more rhythmic and primal.

*Edit*

Case in point...

hmmm interesting, maybe i need to listen with a different set of mind thnx!

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

*Edit*

Case in point...

I'm totally with you; in fact, I was going to post the same thing (well, not exactly the same, but, you know ...).

Anyway, Introduce Yourself is my favorite FNM album, even though he's not the greatest, most well-trained singer. Or precisely because of it. Didn't know he passed away either. That makes me a bit sad now ...

25 minutes ago, B1000 said:

aphex + spanishguy (steinvord), since that new YLC thread was posted the exact same day as this topic

prove me wrong

I doubt it, but those were some decent tunes.

Archived