9 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Just posting here so WATMM is Dying is on the splash page tbh 

keep WATMM dying alive

WATMM's face when everyone think it's dead but it's alive and well

6fdV.gif

i think there should be no subscription

• Thanks 1

TBH I don't think I would have had registered back in the day if I had had to pay for subscription.

Also the payment may be fair to most people in US and Europe but there are places where it's nearly impossible to make online payments to other countries or at least very difficult and even in US and Europe lots of people don't have credit cards or similar online payment options.

On the other hand if there was some WATMM merch to support the site I'd probably be interested.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, cwmbrancity said:

@hello spiral you want a direct answer?

if yourself & various other cocknoscientis weren't such a punnet of clenched assholes, capable of taking on an actual debate w/out recourse to chatroom (as Sir Ben Kingsley so eloquently put it in Sexy Beast) innsinuendos & the kind of bs you might expect in an episode of The Real Housewives or a sorority house club, canoodling like gimps doing god knows what to each other cos every cult within a cult needs extra discipline & punishments encoded into it to survive, then the world might open up to your self-imposed cultural imperialism.

maaan i had some time for you, The Deep End is the shit and i'll link it up here so cunts can get an earful, but you're the epitome of an office bitch. Grow up, old man, or fuck off & sip Champagne, makes no difference.

https://salaamhelicoid.bandcamp.com/track/the-deep-end

chatmm going "down" and then the creation of the discord was a huge mistake. I don't even think it was a "mistake" per se, but it happened, and I'm sure Joyrex is "we have to go back"-ing every night before bed. JR is a control freak about watmm and hates when others are seen to be taking a slice of whatever he thinks he controls. In this instance I agree - chatmm is a fucking disaster, impossible to read, filled with fake personas and characters (which aren't funny) and run by posters even more craven than papa. It's not about music it's about who's in or out. what cwmbrancity said. and at the root of that is hello spiral. his behavior and others and the creation of the chatmm discord has done more damage to the vibe of watmm than any one member banning. 

On 7/17/2019 at 5:32 AM, eugene said:

not enough cool people

also this and getting rid of the subscription might change that obviously. but for some reason joyrex can't afford $70 a month. Honestly joyrex if you made me a mod / admin i would cover the fees.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, jules said:

I don’t think watmm is dying - it’s just changed quite a bit. It’s much more about music than the humor that used to be the cornerstone of this place. There are still lots of good people around even though we lost a lot of the old guard. I do wish there was still only one place but it is what it is. I even miss the old trolls like sup and those types. But whatever... All good.

this is how i feel

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

lol you wanna powertrip for 70 bucks a month @dr lopez? Why do you say that exactly?

A (small) upfront cost, even $1, is a great gate keeping mechanism. Quality over quantity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Use to be coolville

Now we got progressive ideals

I want to join an idealist society, I’ll lead the opposition in it, I’ll say I am a realist, but not a materialist, he he!” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

chatmm is a fucking disaster, impossible to read, filled with fake personas and characters (which aren't funny) and run by posters even more craven than papa. It's not about music it's about who's in or out. what cwmbrancity said. and at the root of that is hello spiral. his behavior and others and the creation of the chatmm discord has done more damage to the vibe of watmm than any one member banning. 

this is incredibly misinformed. the discord is perfect. we are real people with real identities. we are transparent and we support each-other. we do in fact discuss music. we actually even listen to each-others music. we break down societal boundaries and push envelopes. we donate to people in need as opposed to ourselves. there is a paywall but only for joyrex. its possibly the most productive place on the internet. honestly they should replace the UN with us and the world would likely improve. i'm sorry you aren't a part of it lopez.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dr lopez for moderator 2019

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, andihow said:

this is incredibly misinformed. the discord is perfect. we are real people with real identities. we are transparent and we support each-other. we do in fact discuss music. we actually even listen to each-others music. we break down societal boundaries and push envelopes. we donate to people in need as opposed to ourselves. there is a paywall but only for joyrex. its possibly the most productive place on the internet. honestly they should replace the UN with us and the world would likely improve. i'm sorry you aren't a part of it lopez.

*cypher talking on the phone to trinity*

"All I post is what hello spiral wants me to post. If I have to choose between that and Joyrex, I choose Joyrex."

all kidding aside, this basically sums up what we're talking about. a retarded braggadocious post about inside jokes for other chatmm people to giggle about on discord. im sure there's already loads of pearl clutching regarding my previous post ITT. as I said earlier, this kind of childish behavior, btw enforced by the rest of the internet via reddit, discord, etc has done way more damage to the uniqueness of watmm than banning any single member. well maybe theo and lion lol.

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

*cypher talking on the phone to trinity*

"All I post is what hello spiral wants me to post. If I have to choose between that and Joyrex, I choose Joyrex."

all kidding aside, this basically sums up what we're talking about. a retarded braggadocious post about inside jokes for other chatmm people to giggle about on discord. im sure there's already loads of pearl clutching regarding my previous post ITT. as I said earlier, this kind of childish behavior, btw enforced by the rest of the internet via reddit, discord, etc has done way more damage to the uniqueness of watmm than banning any single member. well maybe theo and lion lol.

while a bit lighthearted, this post contains zero inside jokes. everything i wrote i believe 100% without irony. if it sounded arrogant its because i'm enthusiastic about what that room has turned into vs what it was when it was attached to this site. Its entire existence is owed to the fact that the current leadership here made mistake after mistake, first letting the SSL update ruin OG chat, and then dropping the ball like a 600lb weight when starting the official watmm discord. The implication that its responsible for the shittifying of this forum is completely misinformed and incorrect. Its like implying that hong kong is the reason the rest of mainland china is oppressive.

also your obsession with spiral is weird

maybe bringing back the Nice Butts ThreadTM would help . they come for the butts, they stay for the music!

:spiteful:

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

Then every second thread will end up with [NSFW] tag. Back then, even post your most recent pic thread ended up with people posting their pierced genitals. Remember that, JR? 🙈

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kieselguhr kid said:

maybe bringing back the Nice Dicks ThreadTM would help . they come for the butts, they stay for the music!

Fix'ed

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

So what, maybe you should be working when you're at work instead of wasting your companies precious resources on some stupid (not stupid) idm forum filled with narcissistic (not narcissistic) idiots you filthy thief.

• Burger 1

@andihow

you talk with those who know better about this forum, its contents & members, in a chatroom, at length, day after day, night after night, festering, coagulating, fermenting & not in a Mycena sense

you even go so far as taking the time to make a podcast, regaling those who know better, about the same site, its contents & members, circle jerking over bitter platitudes

what a psychologist would make of this is one thing, but to this human that's fkn tragic mate, cuntsructive networking, aren't you involved enough (rhetorical q)

maybe @Herr Jan (cos he doesn't have enough time, usually) can summon delegate one of its plebs down to dispatch the accursed non-believing

*apologies to @Richard K Hirk for involving his persona in a sexual battery, safe-word & gate-keeping imprisonment scenario, it wasn't a personal innsinuendo & wasn't referring to Sheffield pejoratively, you know, cos of the weather off t'moors in a post-industrial context n that & sorry about Nick Clegg too, what a cunt he turned out to be

i'm typing a whole lotta words and they don't mean shit!

watmm is good chatmm is good. it's you, the people, who are bad

• Burger 1

Chatmm seems like a pretty nice place to me, I don't understand this approach. How does it undermine a forum that doesn't even allow linking to it.

• Like 1

We are experiencing a family feud 😭

I embrace my outsider status. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I mean, it's just a bunch of guys shooting shit about life, food, music and the spectrum + some edgy GIFs and whatnot. It's not some doomsday cult HQ.

You're all a bunch of drama queens.

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At least we still have the super secret lifetime members forum. ;)

Posted (edited)

Here’s a thought maybe watmm isn’t dying because of discord or individuals, but because the culture of the site itself has become a slightly toxic, sterilized, circlejerking parody of what it once was meant to be while ironically trying to be more inclusive. Or maybe it’s that a paywall existed to fund an overly long and unnecessary update to the site that now makes it filled full of useless bloated features and non-intuitive layouts?  

The so-hated alt-Chatmm discord is far more engaging than this site has been in years, in topics both idm related and otherwise... Watmm  has been killing itself for a while now.

Edited by ghOsty

Posted (edited)

^ yeah

I've not been in chatmm very long, but it's not some toxic hole like people seem to be assuming it is. its a bunch of people from all over the world chatting about whatever.  Things like your neighbor trying to kick down your door, Segways, boomers, weird news, life  and so on.  

Edited by andrd
  • Like 5