IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use to be coolville

Now we got progressive ideals

I want to join an idealist society, I’ll lead the opposition in it, I’ll say I am a realist, but not a materialist, he he!” 

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

chatmm is a fucking disaster, impossible to read, filled with fake personas and characters (which aren't funny) and run by posters even more craven than papa. It's not about music it's about who's in or out. what cwmbrancity said. and at the root of that is hello spiral. his behavior and others and the creation of the chatmm discord has done more damage to the vibe of watmm than any one member banning. 

this is incredibly misinformed. the discord is perfect. we are real people with real identities. we are transparent and we support each-other. we do in fact discuss music. we actually even listen to each-others music. we break down societal boundaries and push envelopes. we donate to people in need as opposed to ourselves. there is a paywall but only for joyrex. its possibly the most productive place on the internet. honestly they should replace the UN with us and the world would likely improve. i'm sorry you aren't a part of it lopez.

21 minutes ago, andihow said:

this is incredibly misinformed. the discord is perfect. we are real people with real identities. we are transparent and we support each-other. we do in fact discuss music. we actually even listen to each-others music. we break down societal boundaries and push envelopes. we donate to people in need as opposed to ourselves. there is a paywall but only for joyrex. its possibly the most productive place on the internet. honestly they should replace the UN with us and the world would likely improve. i'm sorry you aren't a part of it lopez.

*cypher talking on the phone to trinity*

"All I post is what hello spiral wants me to post. If I have to choose between that and Joyrex, I choose Joyrex."

all kidding aside, this basically sums up what we're talking about. a retarded braggadocious post about inside jokes for other chatmm people to giggle about on discord. im sure there's already loads of pearl clutching regarding my previous post ITT. as I said earlier, this kind of childish behavior, btw enforced by the rest of the internet via reddit, discord, etc has done way more damage to the uniqueness of watmm than banning any single member. well maybe theo and lion lol.

23 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

*cypher talking on the phone to trinity*

"All I post is what hello spiral wants me to post. If I have to choose between that and Joyrex, I choose Joyrex."

all kidding aside, this basically sums up what we're talking about. a retarded braggadocious post about inside jokes for other chatmm people to giggle about on discord. im sure there's already loads of pearl clutching regarding my previous post ITT. as I said earlier, this kind of childish behavior, btw enforced by the rest of the internet via reddit, discord, etc has done way more damage to the uniqueness of watmm than banning any single member. well maybe theo and lion lol.

while a bit lighthearted, this post contains zero inside jokes. everything i wrote i believe 100% without irony. if it sounded arrogant its because i'm enthusiastic about what that room has turned into vs what it was when it was attached to this site. Its entire existence is owed to the fact that the current leadership here made mistake after mistake, first letting the SSL update ruin OG chat, and then dropping the ball like a 600lb weight when starting the official watmm discord. The implication that its responsible for the shittifying of this forum is completely misinformed and incorrect. Its like implying that hong kong is the reason the rest of mainland china is oppressive.

also your obsession with spiral is weird

So what, maybe you should be working when you're at work instead of wasting your companies precious resources on some stupid (not stupid) idm forum filled with narcissistic (not narcissistic) idiots you filthy thief.

@andihow

you talk with those who know better about this forum, its contents & members, in a chatroom, at length, day after day, night after night, festering, coagulating, fermenting & not in a Mycena sense

you even go so far as taking the time to make a podcast, regaling those who know better, about the same site, its contents & members, circle jerking over bitter platitudes

what a psychologist would make of this is one thing, but to this human that's fkn tragic mate, cuntsructive networking, aren't you involved enough (rhetorical q)

maybe @Herr Jan (cos he doesn't have enough time, usually) can summon delegate one of its plebs down to dispatch the accursed non-believing

*apologies to @Richard K Hirk for involving his persona in a sexual battery, safe-word & gate-keeping imprisonment scenario, it wasn't a personal innsinuendo & wasn't referring to Sheffield pejoratively, you know, cos of the weather off t'moors in a post-industrial context n that & sorry about Nick Clegg too, what a cunt he turned out to be

Chatmm seems like a pretty nice place to me, I don't understand this approach. How does it undermine a forum that doesn't even allow linking to it.

I mean, it's just a bunch of guys shooting shit about life, food, music and the spectrum + some edgy GIFs and whatnot. It's not some doomsday cult HQ.

You're all a bunch of drama queens.

Here’s a thought maybe watmm isn’t dying because of discord or individuals, but because the culture of the site itself has become a slightly toxic, sterilized, circlejerking parody of what it once was meant to be while ironically trying to be more inclusive. Or maybe it’s that a paywall existed to fund an overly long and unnecessary update to the site that now makes it filled full of useless bloated features and non-intuitive layouts?  

The so-hated alt-Chatmm discord is far more engaging than this site has been in years, in topics both idm related and otherwise... Watmm  has been killing itself for a while now.

^ yeah

I've not been in chatmm very long, but it's not some toxic hole like people seem to be assuming it is. its a bunch of people from all over the world chatting about whatever.  Things like your neighbor trying to kick down your door, Segways, boomers, weird news, life  and so on.  

8 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

you even go so far as taking the time to make a podcast, regaling those who know better, about the same site, its contents & members, circle jerking over bitter platitudes

our podcast is mostly about the universal human condition. this place gets mentioned, yeah, usually to showcase the talent of some posters here. i've never considered myself to be a loremaster to this place, which you seem to be doing, while simultaneously criticizing me and the show for it. rude imo.

10 minutes ago, juiceciuj said:

watmm is good chatmm is good. it's you, the people, who are bad

i think you are good.

5 minutes ago, andrd said:

its a bunch of people from all over the world chatting about whatever

True. I don't understand how chatmm can be detrimental to watmm, to me these 2 serve completely different purposes and compliment each other nicely.

If you want some quick, real-time small talk or just catch up on what the folks are up to or you're drunk and want to listen to some tunes while exchanging memes or if you're on an international bus that has computer screens attached to its seats and you can access the browser and go to watmm and you want to share it with people jokingly, you go to chatmm. If you're busy and just want a feed of new releases or topics, you go to watmm. perfect balance.

Archived