IGNORED

coronavirus face masks..

YEK

the idea is pretty simple though, use whatever mask you can get/have, being it the ones which only protect you or the ones who only protect the persons around you, but ABOVE ALL, keep doing everything you can to avoid spreading the virus, like, wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands, don't touch your face, don't touch your face, don't touch your face, blah blah blah blah blah.... 5 blah's...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 2

Yes, yes and yes!!!! I don't think that a large part of the WATMM demographic is acting irresponsibly, though. We are better than dem other pissers

Problem is reactance, a psychological phenomenon often observed in little children, monkeys, toddlers and Trump supporters, that cause people to behave the exact opposite way they are told to

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

11 hours ago, BCM said:

is everyone wearing masks? i've not been wearing a mask. like, they don't really do anything?

masks.30ec7b936cf7a210096e5f4da132817b.jpg

Hooooooly fuck this unlocked some far back memories.... Holy shit

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tim_J said:

lol are we still discussing the necessity of using masks? :facepalm: :trollface:

No, this is a fashion thread!

wait, lets me repeat that, in case you again didnt get it:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Fashion GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, dingformung said:

In which state do you live? Here in Thuringia it's been like that for a while. Not even sure if masks are that good of an idea, in any case, though. I've heard epidemiologists (including Lauterbach) explain that if used wrong these masks can actually heighten the infection risk.

Yeah, you guys were the vanguard. Here in good old Bavaria, we're still getting used to it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dingformung said:

True, but if you don't protect yourself and get infected you can spread the virus. So self protection is important.

By the way I'm not promoting not wearing masks. I'm promoting using them the right way.

Masks mandatory here in Houston now since Apri 27.  You're right, masks are only effective if everyone wears one in public, since we can't tell who is positive or negative, protecting everyone compensates and reduces respiratory droplets being exhaled onto others.  They do not really protect the wearer, reducing the spread of the virus is the imperative.

22 hours ago, drome said:

289B4C59-E150-468F-84EC-3590EA2ECE5C.jpeg

Antonio Bandana

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:04 PM, yekker said:

So I've been wearing disposable face masks but I'm thinking it would be cool to wear one more trendy and also reusable..

Anyone rocking a designer face mask?? Or just something different??

I would LOVE an aphex twin mask but I'm sure they are long gone.

Thank you for creating this thread because there's been something on my mind for a while and I wasn't active on the forums when the coronavirus became a topic or when subsequent mask conversations started so I just wasn't able to find anything. 

So here's what I've been wondering. A couple of months ago some company or companies were promoting masks with your face printed on them for faceID purposes. I don't have a FaceID phone, but my immediate reaction was "wow I want one with Aphex's goofy grin on it". I thought, someone or all of WATMM must have had the same thought. Yet haven't been able to find any mention of it or Photoshop of it. That's all I really want it just to see what that would look like. And the crazy thing is I'm perfectly able to Photoshop it myself, I just haven't bothered. I don't think I would actually wear such a mask. But it needs to exist. 

It's basically like this...

On 5/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Nebraska said:

54cc332212396a25191c6d056778f37c.jpg

On 5/3/2020 at 11:31 PM, KingBo0 said:
On 5/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, BCM said:

is everyone wearing masks? i've not been wearing a mask. like, they don't really do anything?

masks.30ec7b936cf7a210096e5f4da132817b.jpg

Hooooooly fuck this unlocked some far back memories.... Holy shit

Me too

but I Remember

M.A.S.K.

• Like 1

In Belgium, it is now mandatory to wear a facemask in places where social distancing is hard and/or impossible to realize:
 - on public transport
 - in school
 - in essential businesses that could have direct contact with co-workers and customers

Facemasks are not yet mandatory to wear in public.

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, sidewinder said:

Thank you for creating this thread because there's been something on my mind for a while and I wasn't active on the forums when the coronavirus became a topic or when subsequent mask conversations started so I just wasn't able to find anything. 

So here's what I've been wondering. A couple of months ago some company or companies were promoting masks with your face printed on them for faceID purposes. I don't have a FaceID phone, but my immediate reaction was "wow I want one with Aphex's goofy grin on it". I thought, someone or all of WATMM must have had the same thought. Yet haven't been able to find any mention of it or Photoshop of it. That's all I really want it just to see what that would look like. And the crazy thing is I'm perfectly able to Photoshop it myself, I just haven't bothered. I don't think I would actually wear such a mask. But it needs to exist. 

It's basically like this...

I know you’re expecting this :

mask_icbyd.jpg

but it feels like it would be wasting the potential of :

mask_syro.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2