IGNORED

Kanye West - Donda

thumbass

I can understand how the Jesus factor can rub folks the wrong way but Lawd reekris, when Cory Henry takes that organ to church on "24"...even Christopher Hitchens got his bony afterlife hands up. You'd have to be ice cold not to feel anything. Cory makes Gospel howl on the organ in the same way Jimmy Page made the blues explode on electric guitar. 

Edited by xxx
  • Like 2

Andre 3k verse is very welcome in this house, wonder if he had a hand in the production, it definitely sounds as such.

edit: guess the leak got taken down pretty quick, I ripped it to mp3 so I could listen on my walk today but don't think it's ok to post here.  

Edited by cloud capture
whooshed

I like this a lot. Production is cool but a bit sparse compared to earlier stuff. I mostly like listening to the first dozen tracks or so though, Haven't really delved in all the way through yet.

On 9/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, xxx said:

I can understand how the Jesus factor can rub folks the wrong way but Lawd reekris, when Cory Henry takes that organ to church on "24"...even Christopher Hitchens got his bony afterlife hands up. 

He's absolutely incredible - my favourite Cory Henry thingy so far is his solo in the live version of Lingus. He goes from 0 to infinity at a neck breaking pace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

That livestream was something 2, what a climax ?.

Why does he always force us to pirate his albums?

I rate donda 2 a "very cool kanye thank u" out off 10 so far! 

Yeah idk man, I ain't putting down 200 buckeroonis for some stem player so soulseek was a great friend in this situation.

Its clearly not finished, but if he polishes the tracks up a bit more this'll genuinely be an album I'll return to often.