IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

22 minutes ago, tailings said:

Not that it's super important, but you do realize my comment was in reference to a specific critique of my earlier perception of the album and >not< a statement about COVID denial.

oh of course yeah, wasn’t meaning it towards you. was referencing a certain other major IDM producer WATMM is a fan of that is a COVID denier apparently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lianne said:

Unfortunately tinnitus also provides “surface noise” for all listening...but usually not if the soft-vinyl variety!

at least you can listen to tri rep without having to own a turntable for the "complete" experience ?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Lianne said:

Unfortunately tinnitus also provides “surface noise” for all listening...but usually not if the soft-vinyl variety!

You know what's great to have a tinnitus? Ventolin becomes just a pleasent listening... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chabraendeky said:

You know what's great to have a tinnitus? Ventolin becomes just a pleasent listening... ?

Then am I odd for enjoying Ventolin though I don't have tinnitus?  

i only listen to music in scientific environments. the first thing i do is request that the mayor shut down the city, so as to eliminate the intrusive sounds from my surroundings. next i assassinate the local wildlife as they are known to produce unwanted sounds. then i go into my anechoic chamber where i have my cloud and drive set up so that i can listen to "digital vinyls," a medium so flawless christ himself is like "hey dad send me down there again i want to check out digitals." in this way i experience the most proper, efficient, convenient, superior, immaculate hearings and receivings of sound.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, Alcofribas said:

i only listen to music in scientific environments. the first thing i do is request that the mayor shut down the city, so as to eliminate the intrusive sounds from my surroundings. next i assassinate the local wildlife as they are known to produce unwanted sounds. then i go into my anechoic chamber where i have my cloud and drive set up so that i can listen to "digital vinyls," a medium so flawless christ himself is like "hey dad send me down there again i want to check out digitals." in this way i experience the most proper, efficient, convenient, superior, immaculate hearings and receivings of sound.

is your copy of digi-vinylz ok tho?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, natios said:

"initialization: the preparation of a computer or similar device for operation, in which diagnostic tests are run and the operating system is loaded" so a sign of things to come, rob just doesnt want to tell what is coming...

Or he just meant to say "acronym" or "initialism" instead and had a mental blank..

1 hour ago, eclipsis said:

to me it's an artefact, a physical representation of the music, i enjoy the ritual of sitting back and putting the needle on the record and listen, (to me) it's a very different experience than mp3/flac/whatever due to those reasons... still, i do listen to digital maybe 95 % of the time because of the convenience

then there's a collector mentality, as i music nerd, i just like to have them and look at them i guess

This is it for me. Also I have some fantasy in my head that the records will wear down a bit and start to sound like a well played 70s/80s synth album or something lol. Then again, I had that fantasy with Oversteps and I've only played it once.

Could always flip it on discogs for 4x the price in a couple of years.. ?

Edited by modey

13 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

vinyl arrived today, evening schedule set.

let me know if you have any issues with the pressing pls

i've checked the discs again and i don't see a single scratch, that's actually not a good sign (lol)

Ironically enough my vinyl copy of Tri Rep is probably the cleanest sounding LP I own.  

I got a dispatch notice on SIGN a couple days back but it’s still showing as “preshipment” on the tracking info, which puts it on the other side of the North American continent.  Bleep/Warp are always shit at logistics. 

10 hours ago, eclipsis said:

let me know if you have any issues with the pressing pls

i've checked the discs again and i don't see a single scratch, that's actually not a good sign (lol)

Send a mail to Blerp, customer support is on point.

Edited by d-a-m-o

"Of course, it can take a bit of work and some deep listening to get there. But what if those layers were to be peeled back? What if we didn’t have to wade through hours of fractal rough to uncover those hidden gems of pure machine-funk beauty? What if the melody on Confield’s ‘Pen Expers’ wasn’t obscured by what sounds like coins being sucked into a giant vacuum cleaner? What if ‘6IE.CR’ on Draft7.30 were just the pads and not the cyborgs?"

~ my problem with SIGN exactly ~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1