IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

btw so far i love the beatless string synth tracks the most, i wouldn't mind the whole album being like that...

yesterday i was listening to SIGN while falling asleep and the transition from esc desc to au14 made me almost jump out of my bed

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kausto said:

Anyone noticed 80s hardware synth VCA chirping in r cazt? It sounds like tx81z envelopes or like DSI Mopho's ENV artefacts

u mean these very distant bleepy noises coming to the surface when dynamics are low? not able to identify em as such but yeah, there's something there.

6 minutes ago, kausto said:

Anyone noticed 80s hardware synth VCA chirping in r cazt? It sounds like tx81z envelopes or like DSI Mopho's ENV artefacts

that’s the track that struck me most prominently as sounding like ‘hardware’ (but can’t place anything specific like you’re mentioning)

4 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

u mean these very distant bleepy noises coming to the surface when dynamics are low? not able to identify em as such but yeah, there's something there.

yeah, like vca contours of that big chord stabs, sort of

1 minute ago, auxien said:

that’s the track that struck me most prominently as sounding like ‘hardware’ (but can’t place anything specific like you’re mentioning)

Yeah it also has hw hiss

• Like 1

OK, I have to say, unfortunately, SIGN is not my cup of tea. It is just so uninteresting. Yes, some layering, but still, it sounds lazy, uninspired, IDK. Even from the sound design perspective as a last resort, nothing interesting there.

Will probably very sporadically return to it. Sigh. 

28 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

OK, I have to say, unfortunately, SIGN is not my cup of tea. It is just so uninteresting. Yes, some layering, but still, it sounds lazy, uninspired, IDK. Even from the sound design perspective as a last resort, nothing interesting there.

Will probably very sporadically return to it. Sigh. 

the first one is gorgeous though...

2 hours ago, xxx said:

"Metaz form8" is a melodic first degree relative of "Bronchusevnmx24". I don't have my tools with me but, depending on the key, the two could be crossfaded into an epic celebration of mechanical gloom. I searched the thread to see if anyone else had picked up on that but I didn't see anything.

A mate who is Autechre curious said he had heard the new one was like Amber. I was like nah but can see why they'd say that. But I'd say Garbage is a closer fit if you were looking for something with a similar atmosphere in their discography.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

beautiful af

yea, heavy GAS vibes on that preview. dig it.

Still haven't listened to sign yet - tomorrow night - really looking forward to it a ton after reading all of the reviews and this maniacal thread

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

I wanna know how long the japan bonus track is, hopefully we'll have that today - the sample almost gives me Aphex NIN heart of it all Vibes..?‍♂️

i bet it's all end length

• Burger 2

3 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

I wanna know how long the japan bonus track is, hopefully we'll have that today - the sample almost gives me Aphex NIN heart of it all Vibes..?‍♂️

Yo, the background Wagner Tubas. ?

5 minutes ago, jules said:

Still haven't listened to sign yet - tomorrow night - really looking forward to it a ton after reading all of the reviews and this maniacal thread

Well, you will go through a lot of disappointment, pain, self lying, fanboyism. You may even like it. But let's be honest. Confield, Elseq, NTS, this is where they were on the summit.

Summit Is Gone Now.

8 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

Well, you will go through a lot of disappointment, pain, self lying, fanboyism. You may even like it. But let's be honest. Confield, Elseq, NTS, this is where they were on the summit.

Summit Is Gone Now.

I respect your opinion, but let's be honest: I might not share it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1