IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Juice: one of the things Hideo Kojima prioritises is quality control, almost wrecking the release date of MGS 4 and Peace Walker (shown in the documentary for MGS 4) due to insistence on quality checks, so I doubt MGS V will be plagued by such problems. My interest may have dropped off in MGS but I know the quality will still be there.

I'm more looking forward to Kojima and DelToro collaborating on the new Silent Hill more than MGSV these days, the metal gear story has become so convoluted it's ridiculous, and to me kinda off putting.

considering how absurd the story had gotten mgs4 did a pretty good job of tying up loose ends and also having its own story. silly? yeah. cheesy? sure. still fun as shit tho. spent a number of hours with ground zeroes a couple of months ago (having just finished peace walker hd) and had a blast with it. totally looking forward to the full game.

I just ordered Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Far Cry 4 because I like innovation and believe that developers who make innovative games deserve my money. So take my money Ubisoft.

Hahaha, I can't tell if that's a joke or not. But those three games are basically all the same game. FarCry4 is good though.

I'm with oscillik, it sucks that it's becoming the norm to release half-finished games. Then again, if people decide to keep paying for that, well, watchu gonna do

Sometimes I worry that scammers out there would take advantage of this trend for the sole purpose of syphoning money, then either pull the plug on the game before it's finished or simply leave it unfinished. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Read this and lol / worry

I'm with oscillik, it sucks that it's becoming the norm to release half-finished games. Then again, if people decide to keep paying for that, well, watchu gonna do

Sometimes I worry that scammers out there would take advantage of this trend for the sole purpose of syphoning money, then either pull the plug on the game before it's finished or simply leave it unfinished. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Read this and lol / worry

Peter Molyneux is a habitual liar... he's ruined his rep in the industry.

Just begun Hotline Miami 2 and it's already awesome. Bit confused between the different storylines but I guess it'll make sense in a few hours.

Wasn't the game supposed to come with an included level editor tho ? Can't find it :wacko: (not that bad, still have plenty of things to enjoy about that game first !)

yeah it has a built in level editor. I guess you have to finish the game first? or maybe it's a command line parameter that you have to run to get into it

edit: apparently the level editor part isn't finished yet!

that's kinda not cool, considering that the game was already delayed at least once.

Would you rather they released a buggy piece of shit?

I just miss the days when a game was released and it was done.

You know, back around 1998.

Games are far more complex than they were back in 1998...

I guess I'm the only person in the world that thinks this situation we have where games are released in completely sub-par states (Aliens: Colonial Marines, Grand Theft Auto 4), or are released requiring patches within days (Alien vs Predator 2010) is unacceptable. Those games weren't made by small studios, either.

But it's okay, they get a pass because games are far more complex now.

I think the vast majority of games released are finished and relatively bug-free; only the high-profile games seem to get bad press for day-one patches or broken features on launch.

I think the positive trade-off here is now developers can patch and fix their games if there is a bug, versus in the old days, once the discs were pressed and sent out, that was it - or worse, the game committed to a ROM cartridge...

ja and it's always the biggest budget games making the biggest promises but also being held to the strickest deadlines by shareholders. the games aren't done when the developers are finished. they're done when it's time for them to come out.

mgs5 is probably the next big budget purchase for me. would love to see it have a rock solid launch but since it's coming out in sept i'll def wait for a black friday deal to scoop it and hope any bugs are patched out by then.

oh and madcatz just announced a 3 year deal with capcom for street fighter v so there's basically no hope for them to have legacy stick support. sucks because all the current gen sticks are butt ugly and have all kinds extended angular edges for no apparent reason. hori does have a ps3/4 stick for $150 tho. pretty sure my gf will kill me if i buy another one though...

Justify it by saying you need it for SFV and Tekken 7... and Guilty Gear, and [insert future fighting game here]

Max Payne is fucking great! It's very different style-wise from the rest of the games in series, but it's a much needed breath of fresh air.

It's one of the few games from last gen I've completed 2 (maybe 3) times.

I just ordered Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Far Cry 4 because I like innovation and believe that developers who make innovative games deserve my money. So take my money Ubisoft.

Hahaha, I can't tell if that's a joke or not. But those three games are basically all the same game. FarCry4 is good though.
That's the beauty of it. I know exactly what I'm getting! They'll last me a loooong time.

And yes, Max Payne 3 is amazing. Play it!

Edit: And so is LA Noire. Nice change of pace.

Edited by Friendly Foil

That's the beauty of it. I know exactly what I'm getting! They'll last me a loooong time.

i was also trying to figure out if that was a troll post or what, but yeah, "innovative" isn't a term i'd use to describe anything ubisoft does these days.

Juice: one of the things Hideo Kojima prioritises is quality control, almost wrecking the release date of MGS 4 and Peace Walker (shown in the documentary for MGS 4) due to insistence on quality checks, so I doubt MGS V will be plagued by such problems. My interest may have dropped off in MGS but I know the quality will still be there.

Yeah that series might have given the most bug free games I've ever played.

Codename STEAM is great for strategy freaks, a 3rd person Fire Emblem kinda. Just the thing to take with me on my upcoming trek. What beats being Abe Lincoln's kill monkey? Good steampunk vibe as well, duhhhh

Max Payne is fucking great! It's very different style-wise from the rest of the games in series, but it's a much needed breath of fresh air.

And yes, Max Payne 3 is amazing. Play it!

Edit: And so is LA Noire. Nice change of pace.

Cool, think I'll get them both. Can't complain for under a tenner.

I wholeheartedly recommend Max Payne 3. That game got a lot of backlash before it had even come out because of the change of setting, and Max with a skinhead.

This is the definitive Max Payne game for me. Also, it's one of the few times that Rockstar has done a PC game that isn't a buggy piece of shit.

Codename STEAM is great for strategy freaks, a 3rd person Fire Emblem kinda. Just the thing to take with me on my upcoming trek. What beats being Abe Lincoln's kill monkey? Good steampunk vibe as well, duhhhh

Tip: hold down Select when enemy attack turn, or it will drive you insane.

Speaking of triple AAA titles, I pre-ordered VA-11 HALL-A, a cyberpunk visual novel about serving drinks to robots and corgis.

dwJtPe.png

So...yeah.

edit: the soundtrack is great btw

[youtubehd]j94s8VeXBig[/youtubehd]

Edited by Bechuga

Max Payne 3 was fucking great! People complained about Brazil being bright and not having the dark edge of the noir-like view on NY had in the first two, but on the contrary, I think the realism 3 presented and the situation's contrast to the bright colors really highlighted just how dark the story really was. Plus, it wasn't all sunshine and bright colors anyways, despite being in Brazil. The NY flashback chapter was well done also and a nice homage to the first two games.

Edited by ghOsty

Max Payne 3 was fucking great! People complained about Brazil being bright and not having the dark edge of the noir-like view on NY had in the first two, but on the contrary, I think the realism 3 presented and the situation's contrast to the bright colors really highlighted just how dark the story really was. Plus, it wasn't all sunshine and bright colors anyways, despite being in Brazil. The NY flashback chapter was well done also and a nice homage to the first two games.

You're absolutely right

...that human organ black market place is quite disturbing.

Max Payne 3 had some sinister stuff going on in the storyline, it was quite well executed.

Also the gameplay was quite fun.

Maybe the most underrated game of the last console generation I would say.

I know we had some short The Order bashing in this thread, so here's some more from RLM. Here, the big focus is on the story:

That ending :cisfor:

Also, it's the only game that RedLetterMedia gave the destruction treatment:

(they also uploaded the live stream if you want to hear their moans and quips while playing)

Edited by triachus