IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Started a seasonal hardcore character on diablo 3. Quite a bit more cautious this time around, makes for a fun playthrough. My buddy just lost his lvl 63 demon hunter to malthael, he's been whining about it for a few days now, lol

I've been thinking of hitting up Diablo 3 hardcore again, I have the itch.

Guest bitroast

Thats so weird. What is mgs without kojima??

Thats like warp announcing selected ambient works vol 3 without rdj involvement. So much of mgs is kojima personality??

Im not gonna disown mgs without him or try to sabotage the silly idea or anything but i do find it kind of confusing and pointless?? Pointless other than, this is an established franchise that people both recognize and love and pumping out more of these games will generate sales ..

Kojima has been promising to make games other than MGS for years. Looks like he has the time now! I look forward to this future.

True, I look forward to it.

But MGS is such a seminal, classic series... I hope it doesn't disappear due to some konami/kojima licensing bullshit or something.

If he does move onto other games, I hope first he finishes up Silent Hills (I'm gonna be SO pissed if that game gets scrapped because of all this)... but a Zone of the Enders 3 could also be pretty dope, I still love the 2nd one.

I guess Hideo was responsible for a good portion of the Castlevania series too?

Have you played Lords of Shadow?

Oh man i tried to on the 360 .. It ran at like 10fps and i stopped caring...

Does it get better / worth playing ?? it seemed slow and god of war-y and 10fps-y...

lords of shadow(los) was decent on ps3. i'm pretty sure kojima was brought in pretty late on los one as a consultant (it was mostly developed by a spanish studio mercury steam). not even sure if he was involved in the los 3ds/2 (both of which i never played). the first one is worth it for the soundtrack alone though.

had never heard of him being involved in castlevania before his stint on los as that was always koji igarashi's baby

Edited by juiceciuj

Binding of Isaac: fuuuuuck the lost. Ive not 100 percented a game since i was about 14, all i need to do is beat the game with the lost, and i am full of rage. its so fuckin hard.

managed to get to depths 1 so far.

All I need is fucking Meatboy. I've wasted tens of hours on that fucker.

Oh yeah that one was a bitch.

Apparently there is a way to do it by depleting the item pool with sharp plug, i just got lucky with the book of revelations though. every time you see conquest instead of death its infuriating.

Binding of Isaac: fuuuuuck the lost. Ive not 100 percented a game since i was about 14, all i need to do is beat the game with the lost, and i am full of rage. its so fuckin hard.

managed to get to depths 1 so far.

All I need is fucking Meatboy. I've wasted tens of hours on that fucker.

Oh yeah that one was a bitch.

Apparently there is a way to do it by depleting the item pool with sharp plug, i just got lucky with the book of revelations though. every time you see conquest instead of death its infuriating.

It's Mr. Fred every fucking time. I'm starting to think there's a correlation between how many times you use it during the game and what boss spawns in Utero 1. I've gotten three pieces SO MANY TIMES and then it's Mr. Fred or Conquest at the end. Fuck me running.

Trying out streaming for myself, intended to play some shmups but the compression makes them look like shit. Instead, here's me making a female snowman: http://www.twitch.tv/bechuga/c/6357248

Also, my PS3 battery is dead, the thing only works when connected via cable. Not a problem as that's how it is most of the time, but damn, guess I've had it a while!

Thats like warp announcing selected ambient works vol 3 without rdj involvement. So much of mgs is kojima personality??
Im not gonna disown mgs without him or try to sabotage the silly idea or anything but i do find it kind of confusing and pointless?? Pointless other than, this is an established franchise that people both recognize and love and pumping out more of these games will generate sales ..

I sort of disowned MGS around the time Keifer came in. I doubt I will play Ground Zeroes or the Phantom Pain: for me, I'm going to act as though Peace Walker was the final one. And boy, what a final game to have!

If you've played some of the spin-offs/remakes like Twin Snakes or Metal Gear Acid, it's very easy to tell how much Kojima brings to the table. The music and transitions in Twin Snakes particularly were jarringly off and awkward, lacking Koji's quality touch and control.

Trying out streaming for myself, intended to play some shmups but the compression makes them look like shit. Instead, here's me making a female snowman: http://www.twitch.tv/bechuga/c/6357248

Also, my PS3 battery is dead, the thing only works when connected via cable. Not a problem as that's how it is most of the time, but damn, guess I've had it a while!

I sort of disowned MGS around the time Keifer came in. I doubt I will play Ground Zeroes or the Phantom Pain: for me, I'm going to act as though Peace Walker was the final one. And boy, what a final game to have!

If you've played some of the spin-offs/remakes like Twin Snakes or Metal Gear Acid, it's very easy to tell how much Kojima brings to the table. The music and transitions in Twin Snakes particularly were jarringly off and awkward, lacking Koji's quality touch and control.

have a feeling you'll be missing out if you don't get into gz/pp. gz is a direct sequel to peace walker and is worthy of the $10 asking price now.

i'm personally still pretty convinced that there's going to be some of that kojima sneaky sneaky with hayter voicing snake and keifer voicing big boss when the two meet. just because the whole way it's gone down has so weird.

have a feeling you'll be missing out if you don't get into gz/pp. gz is a direct sequel to peace walker and is worthy of the $10 asking price now.

i'm personally still pretty convinced that there's going to be some of that kojima sneaky sneaky with hayter voicing snake and keifer voicing big boss when the two meet. just because the whole way it's gone down has so weird.

Eh, my little bro loves MGS as much as me and he said GZ was disappointing. Will probably get it eventually, but only when dirt below-pennies cheap.

My understanding is that ground zeroes was just the intro section for mgs5 phantom pain? =/

Wasn't intended to be a full length game or anything, it's just the prologue.

"Ground Zeroes stands alone as the first part of Metal Gear Solid V, acting as the prologue for the upcomingMetal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.[8] "

Edited by StephenG

well. it's very very good imo. can't believe how good it looks and runs so smooth on ps4. the default difficulty is quite challenging though. w/the extra missions and what not i probably got about 20hrs out of it. well worth the $10 i paid for it new

Guest bitroast

Yeah i plan on playing v even tho im a bit weird on them continuing the series after the this is absolutely the last one ending in mgs 4.

Tried playing Twin snakes and god damn what a piece of shit game. It took a while for me to really realise cos its all grounded in mgs1 and hey i love that game but the gameplay and cutscenes are all kind of tinkered with snd muddled up.

tbh MGS4 was already quite a mess, trying hard to resolve shit and mysteries that should have stayed mysterious and link everything in full circle when it should have been more creative (that last fight on Outer Heaven is ridiculous). And now there isn't David Hayter anymore... I'm not expecting much of this game besides its gameplay...

Edited by Perezvon

From what I read, MGS4 was an amalgam of two MGS games, perhaps due to the pressure that eventually led to his current expulsion. I think 4 was on the precipe of making literally no sense but I thought was a great ending to the series.

Or for Solid Snake as an old man, that is.

Honestly, looking forward to any other title Kojima might do rather than MGS V. I've enjoyed my MGS times more than I could ever describe, but I want to see something different from Kojima. I hope he goes all Suda 51 and releases a different crazy game a year.

jajaja. biked 10+ miles to final round (www.finalround.org) this morning. got to meet tekken director katsuhiro harada and play tekken 7 a couple of times but they only had one setup and tons of people waiting to play (like 1+hr between each play). they had a waiting list so you just signed up and walked away and came back after a while to check if you were up soon. both of my matches ended up being recorded on stream. can't fuckin' wait for this game to come out. good fun w/crowd cheering at yr back. definitely a big fan of the cinematic supers and slow mo effects they're adding to the matches as they make for some pretty intense spectating

first match: http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki/v/3929404(king)

second match: http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki/v/3929444?t=1h19m30s(king in blue pants)

went 2 and 2 in the tournament but i never expected to get very far considering the calibre of players present. watched some of the post pools matches this evening and some really top tier matches going on. xxxcited for top 8 tomorrow. rooting for a couple of atl natives

Tomorrow is Bloodborne, who else is playing?

I have to wait until Friday

Thanks archaic staggered releases

:catbleed:

Playing Destiny for now... it's so bland but I can't stop grinding, send help.

Tomorrow is Bloodborne, who else is playing?

I have to wait until Friday

Thanks archaic staggered releases

:catbleed:

Playing Destiny for now... it's so bland but I can't stop grinding, send help.

Oh shit right... that sucks :c

Same thing with me in bf4.

So, who's planning on picking up Bloodborne? I definitely am, but might have to wait another couple weeks to budget it in. Anyways have we decided on a watchword for WATMM player co-op? I suggest WATMMBB

Guest cult fiction

Played Bloodborne. Fuck. Yes. Amazing.

FROM makes every other developer look like lazy hacks.

Uh, including myself, I guess, since I work in the industry.

Played Bloodborne. Fuck. Yes. Amazing.

FROM makes every other developer look like lazy hacks.

Uh, including myself, I guess, since I work in the industry.

How does it compare to DS2?

I think I'm gonna buy a ps4 and bloodborne this weekend.