IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

It's a shame you're not enjoying it, the Souls series have always been rewarding regardless of deaths.

From playing Demon Souls and Dark Souls (not played DS2, not really inclined to) I always found the game rewarding for your perseverance of the deaths. Patience definitely is one of the main skilsets you need for getting through the game

Played a bit of Bloodborne last night with my son; so far, pretty damn amazing - visuals are intricate, framerate tries valiantly to keep at 60 but did notice a few dips here and there. Overall, I like the change in gameplay - the combat encourages more aggressive gameplay, and the life reclamation gimmick is interesting.

Enemies are interesting and varied as always, and dem crows! LOVE the crows! So creepy.

Bought killer is Dead in the steam sale, despite knowing that it may or may not work on my PC, and that it's not the best of Suda 51. Still...Suda 51!

This game is awesome, mostly for the visuals and badshit insane plot. The side game where you perv at girls whilst talking to them is lol too.

Played a bit of Bloodborne last night with my son; so far, pretty damn amazing - visuals are intricate, framerate tries valiantly to keep at 60 but did notice a few dips here and there. Overall, I like the change in gameplay - the combat encourages more aggressive gameplay, and the life reclamation gimmick is interesting.

Enemies are interesting and varied as always, and dem crows! LOVE the crows! So creepy.

If you're getting anywhere near 60 fps then you need to tell me where you got your magic ps4 haha. The game is capped at 30 but seems to dip to around 24 an awful lot.

Anyhow, have you beaten any bosses yet? I'm 3 hours in and haven't yet, but I'm REALLY taking my time since I heard this game is much shorter than the previous games. Lots of deaths but I'm loving it so far.

Bought killer is Dead in the steam sale, despite knowing that it may or may not work on my PC, and that it's not the best of Suda 51. Still...Suda 51!

I fucking loved Killer is Dead. I liked it so much that I bought it twice, first on PS3 and then on X360. I had a great time with that game. Suda's games are always worth playing. I like No More Heroes more than KID but since we're not getting another one of those for quite some time (if ever), KID is the next best thing. I was not disappointed.

Yeah man, looking forward to playing it! In the meantime, I'm playing South Park still, despite the...issues.

2015-03-25_00004.jpg

Actually this is the first issue I've seen like this, but I've found if I pause/alt+tab out of the game during a cut scene, it fucks up until I reload. Whoops!

If you're getting anywhere near 60 fps then you need to tell me where you got your magic ps4 haha. The game is capped at 30 but seems to dip to around 24 an awful lot.

Anyhow, have you beaten any bosses yet? I'm 3 hours in and haven't yet, but I'm REALLY taking my time since I heard this game is much shorter than the previous games. Lots of deaths but I'm loving it so far.

Is it capped at 30? I guess the "soap opera effect" on my 70" Sharp is making it smoother than it actually is... so those dips I'm seeing is actually it going into the 20's like you are seeing...

I haven't gotten to the first boss yet (I suspect my son by this time has since he didn't work today) - the giant rats in the sewer were fun, but the really tall skinny guy with the spear rekt my shit more than once... and the ogre with the hatchet! Haven't managed to kill him yet.

Based on what I see in the Hunter's Dream, you might be right - it looks like there is (at least initially) only 5 areas... but like you, we take our time exploring. That's half the fun!

I haven't gotten to the first boss yet (I suspect my son by this time has since he didn't work today) - the giant rats in the sewer were fun, but the really tall skinny guy with the spear rekt my shit more than once... and the ogre with the hatchet! Haven't managed to kill him yet.

Based on what I see in the Hunter's Dream, you might be right - it looks like there is (at least initially) only 5 areas... but like you, we take our time exploring. That's half the fun!

If you're headed down in the sewers you've gone past the first boss, you're technically headed towards the 2nd... and yeah those tall skinny dudes in the sewers are real cunts, making my way through there.

Loving this game so far, the dark Victorian/Gothic atmosphere is incredible. :gamer: It took me quite a few hours to get used to the new faster combat and abandon some of my old DS tactics that are irrelevant now or will get you killed (L1 is transform weapon NOT block., L1 is transform weapon NOT block... you CANT block!!! :facepalm: )

pillars of eternity is going to be release today. i know what i'm playing for the next few weeks.

my body is ready. all console-bullshit free rpgs are welcome in my world. it scored a 92 on pcgamer.

Guest kymppinetti

pillars of eternity is going to be release today. i know what i'm playing for the next few weeks.

my body is ready. all console-bullshit free rpgs are welcome in my world. it scored a 92 on pcgamer.

have you think of what kind of character you would make? i looked some q&a on youtube this morning, druids seemed pretty nice. :D or i could do a mage dunno. not long anymore, two hours+ till release. :cisfor:

Guest kymppinetti

i see. oh but yeah, you said it haha. tim cain, cris avellone, josh sawyer. with those three, the game can't be a failure.

i have literally no clue about this game except that it's made by top pc-rpg guys ever and it got incredibly good reviews http://np.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/30da3k/pillars_of_eternity_review_thread/.

i'll probably be a rogue or something, it's what i usually pick in rpgs.

Yeah, Paradox Interactive + Obsidian guys. Lush.

I see GTA V is available for PC pre-order. I've never played it, but after seeing the trailers and the reviews, it's tempting.

I had it on PS3. Great game, but it doesn't warrant a second purchase for me. I know they've added some stuff in the next-gen version, but in all honesty, it isn't anything significant.

Of course, if you haven't played it yet, then definitely go for it.

i have literally no clue about this game except that it's made by top pc-rpg guys ever and it got incredibly good reviews http://np.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/30da3k/pillars_of_eternity_review_thread/.

i'll probably be a rogue or something, it's what i usually pick in rpgs.

Here's a review by my good friend Mr. Jim Trinca -

Still playing The Binding of Isaac as The Lost... It's driving me crazy. I managed to finish the Womb and kill Isaac, and also beat the Boss Rush. Only need to kill the corpse, Satan and The Lamb, complete the poop bombs challenge and grab all the items I haven't yet, and I'll be done

Guest kymppinetti

after 5+ hours of gameplay, i'm telling ya: pillars of eternity is such a lusty game. it feels so mellow, as like the old infinity engine games. i just love the character what i came up to. and the whole game it self is so nicely done. maan i can't wait to play it tomorrow again.