IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

The thing is, as clogged as this place became yesterday, I expected more users visiting WATMM yesterday than this. Today we're at 671: we just need a few more WATMMers to break the 699 record from April 2013.

I imagine Richard wanted full control over the way the album is promoted, hence no Warp involvement on that front.

That's fine by me, but I want to order the thing already!

Guest matrigs

Sorry, but that's my track.

And i'm not richard, nor wisp.

Is there a reason why you upped it to your Youtube and Soundcloud you naughty scamp. Did you just want some increased traffic?

Yes.

To be honest i had just finished that track yesterday for a remix competition so when i saw the info about Syro i thought that this might work out in my favour. Some people realised that already when they looked at the soundcloud URL which i didn't even bother to change.

Well that and of course my ever growing contempt for richard and his ever so blind fanbase.

Edited by matrigs

Guest setanor

Well that and of course my ever growing contempt for richard and his ever so blind fanbase.

FOOLED U SHEEPLE

bow 2 me

Guest rd1994

I read somewhere that after I told everyone I was not happy with tne song titles that they were deliberately random...while that MIGHT be true. I think its BS. I mean the tracktiles on DRUKQS and Analord were mostly random too, but I prefer those titles over the new ones any day.

my two cents

Guest skibby

same thing you said Forcefielder.

now as for the fakes, there already seems to be two separate complete fake albums. somebody call guinness world records. that alone is newsworthy. at least one for wikipedia.

A lot of the fakes really aren't bad. What's the source of these? Unknown producers trying to trick people so they get exposure?

And simultaneously getting 99% of the people who would have liked their music to resent them?

so far, theres a "rephlex" level fake and a "chatmm" level fake. nothing implied there, just one has the proper bpm and duration.

in aerial combat, this would be called "chaff"

Sorry, but that's my track.

And i'm not richard, nor wisp.

Is there a reason why you upped it to your Youtube and Soundcloud you naughty scamp. Did you just want some increased traffic?

Yes.

To be honest i had just finished that track yesterday for a remix competition so when i saw the info about Syro i thought that this might work out in my favour. Some people realised that already when they looked at the soundcloud URL which i didn't even bother to change.

lol wtf are you doing here then?

Guest setanor

I read somewhere that after I told everyone I was not happy with tne song titles that they were deliberately random...while that MIGHT be true. I think its BS. I mean the tracktiles on DRUKQS and Analord were mostly random too, but I prefer those titles over the new ones any day.

my two cents

sounds like you might prefer a song titles artist to a recording artist

The thing is, as clogged as this place became yesterday, I expected more users visiting WATMM yesterday than this. Today we're at 671: we just need a few more WATMMers to break the 699 record from April 2013.

man I remember those days... I barely slept checking watmm and bocpages for info on the lake dolores thing and, man...

this feels a bit more chill than that, but yeah, exciting anyway

my two cents

lol

Just call them something else if you like. Or be a good boy and just listen to the music.

my two cents

Maybe you prefer reading track titles to listening to tracks?

Edited by NewSchoolScience

Given that titles are the only thing that's been confirmed, surely it's not too bad to discuss them? To be honest, I think they're a bit shit, sub-Autechre type stuff. I doubt that'll reflect the music of course, which will be fucking awesome. I already have about 10 albums fighting for top album of 2014 and this is just going to make all that even harder, I'm sure.

In this day and age, album reviews are almost pointless. Years ago they were essential as they might twist your arm to go buy something you'd never heard before, (unless you heard tracks on late night radio, which was hit and miss). Reviews nowadays are on the internet after the bloody thing has been released lol. I suppose they may still work but to a far lesser degree.

The track titles are intentionally unmemorable and unpronounceable so that they don't taint the tracks with your ideas of what the words mean.

Probably.

p.s. syrobonkus

hi richard

my two cents

The track titles on DrukQs were hardly random - they were a mixture of old Cornish, and names Richard gave to certain tracks, obviously they have meaning (to him). Analord was the same case, even cleverly naming some similar to virus names so anyone with digital versions on their PC might have their antivirus heuristics triggered and the files quarantined...