IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I ran stegdetect on it and it said:

Corrupt JPEG data: 13057 extraneous bytes before marker 0xc4
foldface-w.jpg : jphide(*)
Using the UI for stegdetect, the Detection column says jphide(*)
I tried numerous passphrases (incl. strings from the exif) with jpseek but got nowhere.

Same. It's interesting though, I noticed yesterday the lower 'fold' in the image looks like it's had digital noise added to it while the top bit hasn't. Could be some hidden info in there

I tried numerous passphrases (incl. strings from the exif) with jpseek but got nowhere.

Ah, cool. Is the one star indicating that it is only slightly sure there is encoded data? Looks like 3 stars is more common among the examples. It could be a false positive then.

Any difference in stegdetect output for foldface-w.jpg vs. the regular foldface.jpg? I'm wondering if since the EXIF is different (one manipulated, one not), any steg could be as well.

Still working on getting a local copy of stegdetect here. Building packages on Linux is not exactly my forte.

Same. It's interesting though, I noticed yesterday the lower 'fold' in the image looks like it's had digital noise added to it while the top bit hasn't. Could be some hidden info in there

Agreed. Noticed that as well.

Guest Chesney

Oh shit, new tweet!

"fucksake watmm, stop jumping up my arse and treating it like a cathederal. It's just as shittier place as yours"

Here's some interesting thoughts/inferences about SYRO so far:

1. This is Richard's first release on (presumably) WARP in 13 years - assuming it comes out in 2014 that is, of course.
  2. This will be the first Aphex Twin (or AFX?) release available digitally at the same time a physical version is.
  3. The music potentially could be close to a decade old, and we'd probably be none the wiser. I like to think this is new stuff.
  4. We don't know if SYRO is an acronym, a name, or something altogether different.
  5. Aphex Twin finally has an Official Twitter account, although it's probably manned by the marketing folks at WARP rather than the man himself.
  6. This will be his first release in the second decade of the 21st century - Rushup Edge and Confederation Trough missed it by 3 years (2007)
  7. **** ******* **** ** *******!

_______

|/ |

|

|

|

|

|

_ |___

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hangman time! is there an R?

"SYRO release will be October" ?

Here's some interesting thoughts/inferences about SYRO so far:

1. This is Richard's first release on (presumably) WARP in 13 years - assuming it comes out in 2014 that is, of course.
  2. This will be the first Aphex Twin (or AFX?) release available digitally at the same time a physical version is.
  3. The music potentially could be close to a decade old, and we'd probably be none the wiser. I like to think this is new stuff.
  4. We don't know if SYRO is an acronym, a name, or something altogether different.
  5. Aphex Twin finally has an Official Twitter account, although it's probably manned by the marketing folks at WARP rather than the man himself.
  6. This will be his first release in the second decade of the 21st century - Rushup Edge and Confederation Trough missed it by 3 years (2007)
  7. **** ******* **** ** *******!

_______

|/ |

|

|

|

|

|

_ |___

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hangman time! is there an R?

throw us a bone here joyrxxx

attachicon.gifM4BfkIJ.jpg

Note the fake barcode

someone decode it lol

Guest setanor

Detection is negative for foldface.jpg using stegdetect

Tried fake barcode as passphrase on foldface-w.jpg. Nothin'

so if foldface-w detects positive but foldface.jpg detects negative... hmm...

Guest setanor

why did warp put aphex (blinking logo) on the front page yesterday (briefly) and then take it down?

not sure but they have a few of those to play with

http://media.warp.net/images/aphex_ultra_anigif_2.gif

http://media.warp.net/images/aphex_ultra_anigif_3.gif

http://media.warp.net/images/aphex_ultra_anigif_4.gif

http://media.warp.net/images/aphex_ultra_anigif_5.gif

why did warp put aphex (blinking logo) on the front page yesterday (briefly) and then take it down?

maybe just an ultra-subtle wink to say that this is official?

http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin

is still there for me

guess he means the warp front page, not the AFX page. I didn't notice it on the frontpage, but pretty sure the Aphex header didn't use to flash like that

That barcode is a real EAN/UCC-13 for Kenny Klein - Muses.

Kenny Klein (born 1955, New York City) is an American Celtic, folk and country musician, a published author, playwright, actor and poet. He is an elder and a High Priest in the Blue Star tradition ofWicca.[1] Klein is a noted fiddler, and plays styles ranging from Irish and British to jazz and swing.

is still there for me

guess he means the warp front page, not the AFX page. I didn't notice it on the frontpage, but pretty sure the Aphex header didn't use to flash like that

I never saw the frontpage change...

is still there for me

I never saw the frontpage change...

no it never used to flash slowly like that afaik

I noticed yesterday the lower 'fold' in the image looks like it's had digital noise added to it while the top bit hasn't. Could be some hidden info in there

If you fold a photo and then scan it (without pressing it hard against the glass plate), one part of the photo will be flush with the scanner and therefore sharper. And the other part will be a little distance away from the glass plate due to the folding, and therefore dimmer. I think that's what we're seeing here.

Quick verification of theory:

foldface2.jpg