IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

yeah no way a silly dude notorious for encoding his bigass grin into music would hide any data in an image as part of a teaser campaign

foldspectral.png

I actually just loaded foldface-w into audacity via Ulaw but i dunno how to upload sound on here so

Aphex Twin finally has an Official Twitter account, although it's probably manned by the marketing folks at WARP rather than the man himself.

That Twitter account is old. He has a tweet from 2010: https://twitter.com/AphexTwin/status/22896635771

But it didn't have the "confirmed" badge on it (the small blue dot) indicating it's "official" back then (AFAIK)...

It did.

Guest setanor

what i mean is it's easy to find a number series that mean something important and crazy about Syro in cereal bowl or your cat liter

yes I saw that movie too

Guest setanor

i think im a bit exhausted w/ this shit. always some bullshit smoke an mirrors. and then you wait for a decade.

that's fine but it doesn't really matter much either way

i'm having fun with it, if it tuckers you out go have a rest and come back when the music is here

Wait there are two different images? Where did foldface.jpg come from? Was that from the .onion page or something? If there are differences between the two images there could be a message in there:

I just tried foldface-w.jpg without the -w.jpg and there it is. it's a smaller version without the cropped white background bit and it doesn't have any modified EXIF funny business like big bro foldface-w.jpg

meh let us have our fun with it. It's been 13 years and noone has a gun to anyone's head saying you must be a part of it or partake.

It's just a little cryptic fun for the diehard fans to enjoy

interesting how joyrex mentioned that the digital will be available at the same time as the physical. the way he said it seems to leave open the possibility that the digital will be available before the physical

interesting how joyrex mentioned that the digital will be available at the same time as the physical. the way he said it seems to leave open the possibility that the digital will be available before the physical

Funny how he knew anything about the vinyl and physical being released at the same time, at all... isn't it?

Implies he knows something about the release date.

Funny how he knew anything about the vinyl and physical being released at the same time, at all... isn't it?

Came to say

Came to say

We can make him talk >=)

:emotawesomepm9:

i think im a bit exhausted w/ this shit. always some bullshit smoke an mirrors. and then you wait for a decade.

that's fine but it doesn't really matter much either way

i'm having fun with it, if it tuckers you out go have a rest and come back when the music is here

Wait there are two different images? Where did foldface.jpg come from? Was that from the .onion page or something? If there are differences between the two images there could be a message in there:

I just tried foldface-w.jpg without the -w.jpg and there it is. it's a smaller version without the cropped white background bit and it doesn't have any modified EXIF funny business like big bro foldface-w.jpg

Yeah I agree. Noodling around is fun. And RDJ does seem to have an interest in these sort of things as well as an interest in messing with people.

That said, folks's interpretations of the TH campaign went off the rails quickly because fundamentally, although it was supposed to be "mysterious", it really wasn't so obscure in the end. Reason being that PR is no good if nobody can figure it out.

The other thing about the TH campaign was that it was very clear from the beginning that there WAS a mystery (all those X's). For the same reason as above. If you design a mysterious PR campaign but no one realizes it's happening, that doesn't do you any good.

So foldface is weird but I don't see any real indication yet that there IS a mystery. Not sure what that means, just saying.

I noticed yesterday the lower 'fold' in the image looks like it's had digital noise added to it while the top bit hasn't. Could be some hidden info in there

If you fold a photo and then scan it (without pressing it hard against the glass plate), one part of the photo will be flush with the scanner and therefore sharper. And the other part will be a little distance away from the glass plate due to the folding, and therefore dimmer. I think that's what we're seeing here.

Quick verification of theory:

foldface2.jpg

Except in this case it appears the folded picture is printed, and a photo was taken of presumably Richard holding up the printed picture to his real face.

you can see the halftone printing dots in the printed material - the camera's resolution is picking those up, whereas the background it out of focus.

That barcode is a real EAN/UCC-13 for Kenny Klein - Muses.

Kenny Klein (born 1955, New York City) is an American Celtic, folk and country musician, a published author, playwright, actor and poet. He is an elder and a High Priest in the Blue Star tradition ofWicca.[1] Klein is a noted fiddler, and plays styles ranging from Irish and British to jazz and swing.

What's even more interesting is that too is a printed image that a photo has been taken of it, and furthermore is shrinkwrapped... could SYRO already be done and dusted, just waiting to be shipped?

Also, I think whatever barcode software you used was wrong:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kennyklein7

Note the actual barcode.

Kenny Klein (born 1955, New York City) is an American Celtic, folk and country musician, a published author, playwright, actor and poet. He is an elder and a High Priest in the Blue Star tradition ofWicca.[1] Klein is a noted fiddler, and plays styles ranging from Irish and British to jazz and swing.

What's even more interesting is that too is a printed image that a photo has been taken of it, and furthermore is shrinkwrapped... could SYRO already be done and dusted, just waiting to be shipped?

i believe it is!!

Also, I think whatever barcode software you used was wrong:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kennyklein7

Note the actual barcode.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wheres the pic from??