IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Box Echo have designed Squarepusher's innovative and fully generative new visual system.

The algorithms use geographical and meteorological data on each location we visit to define the starting points for an entirely generative visual environment. The patches are then controlled in their evolution by the audio and midi data they receive live from Squarepusher during the performance. Only he can control their development throughout the set by his chosen interactions with his own machines.

It is truly a visual instrument - defined by data; driven by audio.

'I wanted to create something that confronted the concept of fear. For myself, it was the fear of losing control of my environment. After giving the system some basic rules and parameters to work inside during pre-production, I surrendered my ability to control the output, rendering it fully dependent on the feeds it receives and how it processes them. Each performance can be interpreted differently, with a continuously developing level of sophistication.

I have relinquished control of the machine, for better or worse.'

that looks mental in my humble opinion

2 tickets bought for london oct 24, looking fwd to it immensely

Squarepusher is at the top of his game imo

I'm going as well - really looking forward to it

I've not been into Squarepusher for a while actually. But now with Damogen Furies, I think he's doing some fucking solid musical work that I enjoy immensely.

• 1 month later...

Still bumpin' this album on the regular.

Much prefer it overall to ufababoon (though ufab has some good moments). I really wish Squarepusher would play somewhere reasonably accessible to me.

At least I get to see autechre this year. Taking stevieG's live show virginity, they are.

Edit: I've got to say that the mastering on Exjag Nives bothers me in the same way ufababoon does. Every other track is just dandy but something about Exjag gives me an almost insta-headache. Does anyone else notice the same thing?

Edit edit: I think D frozent arc might be my favorite track of his since tetra sync.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've got to give this one a few more listens before I give full judgment - at the moment I'm a little disappointed with it - nothing has really grabbed my attention, though it's definitely more bearable than â€Ufabulum (mastering wise it's for sure a step up !)

I can't believe that this album is not getting any hype on this forum.

It has several classic SP moments... has everyone just passed on this ?

From what I see Squarepusher doesn't seem to create much watmm gumption nowadays. Maybe I'm wrong?

Perhaps he needs to purge his vault of archive material, then we can all get along a bit more satisfactorily? Maybe I'm wrong?

What I'm not wrong about that this album is a killer. Love it.

I can't believe that this album is not getting any hype on this forum.

It has several classic SP moments... has everyone just passed on this ?

It's Album of the Year for me, so far

Aphex SC Dump took over the whole goddamn Pusher operation this year...

Bring on the pusher dump.... or at least a live showcase of his early material ...

w a a a a a a a a it - a -m i n u t e !

came around to this again a few weeks ago and loved it! I always spend time w new pusher releases but NONE of them (since Hello Everything) have had a second wind for me. DF is the best SP in a long time for me

What's happened is that Tom has expressed his disdain for us by going off in another musical direction.

Richard has expressed his disdain for us by giving us more than enough of what we want.

These are both symptoms of abusive relationships and none of us our going to escape without some heartbreak.

Luckily I like new Squarepusher so thx Tom, c u @ da rave.

It's my 2nd or 3rd favourite Squarepusher album and the Dekmantel show was the best live show I've ever seen by anyone. Face-melting then so emotional with Tetra-Sync. Literally made my year. Also Baltang Arg is one of the best things ever.

It's even worse than Ufabulum, the way he did this album and the reason, the end result matches the description.

i have to totally agree

i really tried hard to get into it but i will stand by my original appraisal,it has almost no funk or vibe

it's really quantized to hell and stiff,as if it's trying so hard to be HARD and just not very innovative on any level.

at it's best it is a panic attack inducing industrial pile of shit.

not feeling it at all and I am the biggest squarepusher fan.

*reverts to listening to Vsnares "your face" for comfort

Guest bitroast

It's even worse than Ufabulum, the way he did this album and the reason, the end result matches the description.

i have to totally agree

i really tried hard to get into it but i will stand by my original appraisal,it has almost no funk or vibe

it's really quantized to hell and stiff,as if it's trying so hard to be HARD and just not very innovative on any level.

at it's best it is a panic attack inducing industrial pile of shit.

not feeling it at all and I am the biggest squarepusher fan.

*reverts to listening to Vsnares "your face" for comfort

Literally the worst squarepusher fan.

Wanna fight?

dont punish him because he made albums you liked in the past. every subsequent album, believe it or not, does not have to please you in the same way. actually it would be odd and unnatural if they did. you just want that because you're a baby

yikes can you link me to ur music?

Archived