IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baltang Arg seems to be the underrated one from this album. I think it's killer - probably one of my most listened to tracks on this album! Especially the second half with those mental jazzy chords. Just imagine a laser gunfight on motorbikes driving down a motorway in the night, with lights everywhere and this music in the background. Or just think of those weird bikes in Tron that make those laser walls and people throwing laser rings and people colliding into stuff and EXPLODING and shit - and it's all happening in an arena. With lasers.

#future

Fuck yeah. That one's a real standout for me too... though I can say that about almost the entire album. Every track goes amazeballs at some/many/all points.

Yeah maybe given it 6 or 7 listens so far and I can already tell I'm only gonna like it more and more. And I dont get how people don't like Kontenjaz! I can't see anything wrong with it, just classic Pusher from start to finish.

Kontenjaz rules, great head nodder as I'm driving around in the spring weather

Word.

Also...... I'm sorry, you guys, but Rayc Fire 2 is awesome. I loved it from the first time I heard it, and that hasn't changed. It's even better in the context of the album.

Exjag Nives is my track, though. Damn!

this album seems to compress 43 minutes into about 17

Baltang Arg seems to be the underrated one from this album. I think it's killer - probably one of my most listened to tracks on this album! Especially the second half with those mental jazzy chords. Just imagine a laser gunfight on motorbikes driving down a motorway in the night, with lights everywhere and this music in the background. Or just think of those weird bikes in Tron that make those laser walls and people throwing laser rings and people colliding into stuff and EXPLODING and shit - and it's all happening in an arena. With lasers.

#future

Fuck yeah. That one's a real standout for me too... though I can say that about almost the entire album. Every track goes amazeballs at some/many/all points.

this

Guest bitroast

bloody capitalist money grabbing warp up to their old tricks again.

to properly read the text on the inside of the album sleeve looks like you need to purchase multiple copies of the same album. surprised no one has called them out on this yet cos it's bloody disgusting if you ask me !!!

bld_squarepusher_63_0.jpg

ha.. any place where this text can be found unfragmented?

"This album was made using a bespoke system which has been in development for over a decade. Fragments of earlier versions of the system have been used on other records, but this project is the first occasion where all sounds have been generated exclusively on instruments that I have programmed myself. The initial impetus to develop it came from a need to free myself from the constraints of off-the-shelf gear and the culture of consumerism that engulfs electronic music making in particular. And I came to see that experimenting with the functionality of instruments helps to cultivate an experimental attitude to composing with them. Indeed, for me the process of designing instruments has become indissociable from composition. All of the recordings on this album were made in a single take with no edits, reflecting the system's orientation towards live performance. It is presented in defiance of the path of least resistance."

tom programs some nice instruments. looking forward to 30 years from now when him and autechre and everyone are making available their old programs. then again i thought it would be 30 years until aphex dumped his unreleased stuff...

ha.. any place where this text can be found unfragmented?

"This album was made using a bespoke system which has been in development for over a decade. Fragments of earlier versions of the system have been used on other records, but this project is the first occasion where all sounds have been generated exclusively on instruments that I have programmed myself. The initial impetus to develop it came from a need to free myself from the constraints of off-the-shelf gear and the culture of consumerism that engulfs electronic music making in particular. And I came to see that experimenting with the functionality of instruments helps to cultivate an experimental attitude to composing with them. Indeed, for me the process of designing instruments has become indissociable from composition. All of the recordings on this album were made in a single take with no edits, reflecting the system's orientation towards live performance. It is presented in defiance of the path of least resistance."

thanks!

ha..

:dry: come on, man.

did I write anything wrong? (internet slang big noob here)

Archived