IGNORED

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct

Twelvetrees

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah Metallica was basically the thing that was really sicc before bumping into fucking KORN

which is also still around apparently, lol

I had a friend who was a drummer in a band and couldn't stand being at the back of the stage so he would always wear ridiculous costumes to get attention, like Wonder Woman and stuff. I've lost contact with him now but if he stays in music he'll go the way of Lars. 

the album art is terrible but the track sounds alright, the drums in particular.  no annoying st anger snare, the kicks kinda sound like the ones on AJFA and more importantly it sounds like he can actually play double bass parts again.  i've seen a few videos of them play live and he butchered some of the stuff on the kit.

even wikipedia manages to make lars sound like a cunt. this is from the article for 'master of puppets'.

Ulrich played Tama drum equipment, and borrowed a rare S.L.P. Black Brass from Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen, who had lost his arm in a car accident.

'lost your arm, rick? that's terrible. buuuuuuutttt i don't think you'll be needing this any more - OK if i borrow it?'

Reload was the last Metallica album that I listened to completely. When I heard St. Anger for the first time I thought it was a joke and a fake. Didn't even bother with DM.

Black Album was the nail in the coffin for me. Loved everything before that.

"...and justice for all" is where it ends. that's the last metallica album.  the black album is horseshit imo. i saw them for that tour in miami.. big ass arena downtown. it was like  being the only adult in the room with a bunch of annoying kids. they did the whole "salute to all our new fans!' thing which was hilarious and obvious.. and even did a thing to tease kids in the audience not old enough to drink beer. james made a big show of having a beer on stage and raising it up "don't you wish you could have one of these"  type of things.. it was ridiculous and absurd. i was w/5 or so friends and we were all on acid. it was a spectacle.  people were chanting "LARS ! LARS LARS!" and my buddy kept turning around and telling them all the STFU!!!  it was pretty hilarious at that point. 

it was the coffin nail for sure. they sealed it shut. i mean. .they paid their dues and made some great records then hired bob fucking rock as a producer for the black album and sold out and cashed in.  bob rock produced fucking bon jovi for fucks sake. 

but whatever. .they sort of lost it when cliff died imo. but the black album seemed sort of inevitable. 

.... I really like the Black album.  But it was one of the first albums I loved when I was 9, so it's kind of engrained in me.  Hardwired even.

Everything about this is LOLing me stupid hard though.

I had a friend who was a drummer in a band and couldn't stand being at the back of the stage so he would always wear ridiculous costumes to get attention, like Wonder Woman and stuff. I've lost contact with him now but if he stays in music he'll go the way of Lars. 

The drummer in my band endlessly tried to invent ways to take the mic, like have a song stop in the middle so he could run out and say something then run back to play drums, you know, 'for a laugh'. Or put the singer at the back of the stage and the drumkit up front, so 'the audience could hear his drums better'. Not that he was ever allowed to.

.... I really like the Black album.  But it was one of the first albums I loved when I was 9, so it's kind of engrained in me.  Hardwired even.

Everything about this is LOLing me stupid hard though.

i was in 9th grade when Master Of Puppets came out.. we were running around the halls in school between classes screaming at each other like a game "MASTER! MASTER!!!!" 

anyway.. my intro to metallica was killem all and ride the lightning so the black album was some heavily processed cheese to me. my buddy liked it a lot though.. we were all 20 by then or whatever. 

but if i was 9 i'd have been a different thing i guess. 

btw - an engineer told me that it took them 3 weeks to set up Lars' drums for recording the black album... and then they ended up just replacing a lot of them w/samples anyways.. 

could just be engineer gossip but i can see them taking 3 weeks to set up the drums w/15 mics or some shit..  it's funny to me true or not. 

Archived