IGNORED

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct

Twelvetrees

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful. Absolutely nothing fresh. Lars still sucks on the drums. Just bad.

yeah it just sounds super generic to me.. really standard riffs, considering it's coming from the same guys who wrote fkn Frayed Ends of Sanity, which is one of my favourite prog metal tracks ever.. 

I hope this is just a weird single, and the rest of the album has some more interesting stuff. Death Magnetic was alright, but after a while I started to realise that it was kinda just a mash of Justice and some parts of Reload. 

In a way, I kinda wish they'd continued with the direction they were heading in the 90s; Load and Reload had some really interesting songs and I feel like they were on the right track in terms of a second stage of their career.. Of course I seem to be the only person in the universe who thinks that.

Having said all that though, I'm pretty keen to hear a new Metallica album. I've only been a fan of them for 20 years, no big deal..

edit: I hope "Confusion" is a New Order cover

upon further listens i conclude this is like 50% of a mediocre metallica track.

half an intro, half a hook, barely a refrain and worst of all even kirk is like "ok whatevs that's gotta suffice" midway through the solo. no wonder the track's so short... but i guess their manager told em it's an accomplishment "getting to the point" or something after some people complained about DM tracks being too long (which they were). what is there is totally by numbers "ah the fans want thrash like 80s is cool again right?". death magnetic actually had far better moments (somewhere in between alot of bloat) imo, mostly during interludes into solos.

also the grindcore band asterisk* actually satirized this song 14 years before it was even born! check out babylon-e.

Guys, give them a break... they have little legs.

Metallica-2016.jpeg

From L to R: The Rock (Dwayne Johnson), Eminem (old version), George Lopez, and some guy from Fast N' Loud

fixt

Guys, give them a break... they have little legs.

Metallica-2016.jpeg

From L to R: The Rock (Dwayne Johnson), Eminem (old version), George Lopez, and some guy from Fast N' Loud

fixt

Agreed - I kinda struggled with the last one

upon further listens i conclude this is like 50% of a mediocre metallica track.

half an intro, half a hook, barely a refrain and worst of all even kirk is like "ok whatevs that's gotta suffice" midway through the solo. no wonder the track's so short... but i guess their manager told em it's an accomplishment "getting to the point" or something after some people complained about DM tracks being too long (which they were). what is there is totally by numbers "ah the fans want thrash like 80s is cool again right?". death magnetic actually had far better moments (somewhere in between alot of bloat) imo, mostly during interludes into solos.

also the grindcore band asterisk* actually satirized this song 14 years before it was even born! check out babylon-e.

oh and also: 1:43 = metal milita (50% version)

Apparently the new album is gonna be 2 discs and "over 80 minutes" long, with 6 tracks on each disc. I'm still hopeful for some long proggy stuff.. I hope they've let Trujillo write more stuff this time. His contributions to Death Magnetic were awesome, even that super cheesy section in the instrumental track!

the lyrics of that song are shit. they should hire a teenager into manga or something.. to do the lyrics for james. 

the track sounds like recycled bits of early stuff.. not bad. improvement over everything they've done since And justice for all.. which is where there music ends for me. well, garage days is rad but everything after and justice for all is a shit show imo. 

edit: but at least james isn't crooning in that song. 

Archived