IGNORED

Not hating but ............

TheBro

45 minutes ago, bupkis said:

I love this picture : autechre

Not many know, but this woman is the real Autechres, the handsome hunks are only a front to do better in the wildly misogynistic world of braindance music. The truth is out there. Look it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

you are not wrong it is Cygnus dressed up as a woman from the Autechre US tour. He got so many comments on facebook when he posts his tunes there now.

edit TheBro I was having some fun here and mean no disrespect. I listened to your song in the YLC forum Trip to Uranus and I think your music sounds really good. Don't let those facebookers get you down!

Edited by Guest

If you want exposure and attention you have to work harder to make appealing/interesting things and to stand out. If you do it just for the art, regardless of wether or not you make it accessible in a public space you should not give any consideration to how many comments or plays or views you get. 
If this woman/girl hadn’t posted her track would your track have gotten more attention? 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I used to get a lot more comments and likes on soundcloud when I was worse at making tracks and uploaded very simple tracks.

That's because everyone who likes and comments on soundcloud now are weird spam accounts for either services for buying likes/shares/fans or trying to sell you a hookup service.

Each week I upload a track, it gets 1 like and when I go to the profile it's some complete rando, sometimes with "cLiCk HeRe FoR tHe NudEs" in the bio, sometimes "boost your music" in the banner image and sometimes nothing at all. I leave the latter ones, but I am pretty sure they are bots/zombie accounts for the aforementioned "boost your likes" services.

30 minutes ago, thawkins said:

That's because everyone who likes and comments on soundcloud now are weird spam accounts for either services for buying likes/shares/fans or trying to sell you a hookup service.

Each week I upload a track, it gets 1 like and when I go to the profile it's some complete rando, sometimes with "cLiCk HeRe FoR tHe NudEs" in the bio, sometimes "boost your music" in the banner image and sometimes nothing at all. I leave the latter ones, but I am pretty sure they are bots/zombie accounts for the aforementioned "boost your likes" services.

I have been thinking that how desperate for women they think that the artists are when spamming with likes and follows from fake female profiles. I guess pretty desperate because they keep doing it so some men must be falling for it..

8 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

Oh dear, there is a new derisive word for not being an asshole on the internet, I had better change my behavior accordingly or I shall become a laughingstock for the mango-vaping youths

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, zkom said:

I have been thinking that how desperate for women they think that the artists are when spamming with likes and follows from fake female profiles. I guess pretty desperate because they keep doing it so some men must be falling for it..

One of the ways that internet scams work is the scammers will deliberately make them obvious to weed out the people who aren't gullible enough to get scammed early on.  That's why the classic "Nigerian prince" email scams always use the same formula even though it's probably the single most well-known internet scam of all time - it's the most efficient way to filter out everyone who would figure out they were being scammed before it was too late anyway.

With those obviously fake hook-up sites, the obvious bot accounts are probably a good way to filter out people who aren't gullible enough to dump money into a hookup site to try to hook up with bots.

Probably not to far off from how free-to-play games are marketed also, to be honest. 

Edited by TubularCorporation

Newbs don't even know what "simp" means.

Simp has been a shortened form of "simpleton" for literally over 100 years.  Kids these days are appropriating perfectly good albeist terms

simp.thumb.jpg.b182727d262678ad65c5dde5a2b363a4.jpg

FUCKING SCIENCE MOTHERFUCKERS

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dingformung said:
12 hours ago, ignatius said:

for some reason this reminds of something i heard growing up in florida.. "well, that's mighty white of you" . when someone wants extra credit for just being a human being. white hero trope.  "thanks for our civil rights. so mighty white of you".  can't recall where i heard it first. probably between some adults when i was a kid. 

I guess it refers to the colour white being associated with cleanliness. In the western tradition black means death/grief and white means innocence/purity (in Asia white is the colour of grief). Maybe the true origin of racism is religious colour symbolism that made its way into the collective unconscious ?

Guys. It's a thing white supremacists say. It just means white people are good because you did a good thing. White supremacists aren't exactly known for their intelligent arguments, so I wouldn't read into it too much.

6 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Guys. It's a thing white supremacists say. It just means white people are good because you did a good thing. White supremacists aren't exactly known for their intelligent arguments, so I wouldn't read into it too much.

i've only ever heard black people say it in reference to white people. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i've only ever heard black people say it in reference to white people. 

I literally worked with a white supremacist that said it to me all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man

• Like 1