Jump to content

What do we expect now from AE?


cern
 Share

Recommended Posts

TBH I've been listening to them for the past 24 years and I still don't know what to expect next. That's the beauty of their enigmatic, unpredictable nature.

All I can speculate is that we may see something come out either next year or in 2023, based on gaps between past releases. The gap since the start of the 21st Century tends to be usually every two years, but between Untilted and Quaristice, as well as between Oversteps and Exai, it's been three. The period between Exai and Elseq is kind of a weird one though, since that's when they were active with AE_LIVE.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with above. Even after all these years they still manage to surprise. I didn't like SIGN or PLUS that much, i mean ecol4 and r cazt, M4 Lema is lovely, but overall it was aight. But I have no doubt in my mind that new AE LIVE will slap. At least to me, AE is mostly about live and they managed to pull out a legendary live set in it's context in each and every iteration, so I'm beyond excited to hear the new live with all that shit they been cooking.

Also this is just the guess, but the lads doesn't look like they would ever stop making music. Maybe it's a bit exaggeration or who knows, but the fact that they spent their entire life doing it and they are still getting better at it and able to learn and develop on such a high level, just shows that it must be their fuel in every days. 

 

It looks and sonuds like AE is so much ahead of everyone anyway, we just trying to catch up. They are in 2050 already

Edited by Iwanttobefree
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Sean Booth has probably got a beautiful voice, and I reckon they’ve been exploring traditional songwriting. Something tells me they now know white notes are the way to go; no more ugly chromatic notes, and definitely no microtonal ugliness. Instead - melodies to soothe the soul and bring relaxation. I know Rob Brown has been learning the accordion too. I can’t wait for their new positive song direction! A bit of um-cha-cha; some flamenco, some salsa, a lot of Sean’s new unedited smooth vocals. No autotunes. You heard it here first; I have sources 

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lianne said:

I think Sean Booth has probably got a beautiful voice, and I reckon they’ve been exploring traditional songwriting. Something tells me they now know white notes are the way to go; no more ugly chromatic notes, and definitely no microtonal ugliness. Instead - melodies to soothe the soul and bring relaxation. I know Rob Brown has been learning the accordion too. I can’t wait for their new positive song direction! A bit of um-cha-cha; some flamenco, some salsa, a lot of Sean’s new unedited smooth vocals. No autotunes. You heard it here first; I have sources 

[semisweet country guitar solo]

starin down at them keys

hits me right in them darn feels

never know when to stop tapping all night long

climbing out that deep dark night

give my wife quite the fright

when i play her my brand new washer machine song

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Would be great if they used a real orchestra melded with their machine music. 

I hear you but I think strings from synthesizer like Juno-106 is the tits still! 

But boy I miss the broken beats by the fuckin Techre! Jam like A teh teh Krr 
 

 

2 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

please no

Why?

Hear 04.00 in Cchli.. That orchestral sound that fading in to the mix.. Is not beautiful as fuk or what? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cern said:

I hear you but I think strings from synthesizer like Juno-106 is the tits still! 

But boy I miss the broken beats by the fuckin Techre! Jam like A teh teh Krr 
 

 

Why?

Hear 04.00 in Cchli.. That orchestral sound that fading in to the mix.. Is not beautiful as fuk or what? 

because as you demonstrated they do it perfectly well themselves, without having to lug about a big clunky orchestra ^^

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

please no

lol so much this, I hope they’ll never take the "real music with real instruments" way. I hope the next album will be full on futuristic hip hop beat ( with a Jay Z featuring just to piss of cern to the max) Sean pls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

lol so much this, I hope they’ll never take the "real music with real instruments" way. I hope the next album will be full on futuristic hip hop beat ( with a Jay Z featuring just to piss of cern to the max) Sean pls.

fuk! I hate Jay-Z! I will be so pissed 😡

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of meant with something like The Kronos Quartet, similar to the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack with Clint Mansell. Not a overblown 100 piece pompous orchestra  lol.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

techno blockchain

 

i bet they have been tinkering with deep dream technology

 

seriously though, just more savage shit? pls. i think they escaped from the box of 79:59 length CDs etc. they've now established the modern territory of formats and broken their corporate partners to it. i think they continue with this set of formats.

 

eventually i hope they will upload their work tools and source patches to wapstore unannounced (for free in the footer) but that seems like fun for when they're 80 year olds 

Edited by trying to be less rude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying not to expect anything, though I do still enjoy the likes of playful Bull Wallet artwork showcases on the part of us watmmers. What lies ahead for pH(ftiye)E_n is anyone's guess. Not sure I want to actually speculate on the sound or make a serious guess about the appearance of the artwork. The song lengths, maybe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IOS said:

M O R E  G O N K

This comment is so underrated 

Gonk-tracks are very tasty and sweet for my soul.

I wish they continue with Drane-tracks aswell! I wonder how much unreleased stuff they got from the 90's. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cern said:

This comment is so underrated 

Gonk-tracks are very tasty and sweet for my soul.

I wish they continue with Drane-tracks aswell! I wonder how much unreleased stuff they got from the 90's. 

Would kill for a 93-97 unreleased tracks box set. Maybe with official hq versions of Kalpol Introl live and the Oscillate trax.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...