Didn't this guy end up in jail for beating up a prostitute? 

• Like 1

yep she bit his tongue and wouldn't let go and he beat her up and nobody went to jail. same time he was slap chopping. legit floridaman stuff

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, luke viia said:

yep she bit his tongue and wouldn't let go and he beat her up and nobody went to jail. same time he was slap chopping. legit floridaman stuff

IMG_0436.jpeg

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

a friend got me one of these masontops earlier this year for my bday.  It turns out to fill a specific part of my dietary needs, and so I've been growing them weekly since.  I cook a lot and can just throw a clump of these on just about anything I make and it's delicious.  The fresh sprouts have a wonderful crisp texture and subtle flavor.  A sprinkle of your favorite dried spices/herbs and drizzle of balsamic seems to work for me in any application.  Very low maintenance and in 4 or 5 days you have a jar stuffed with tightly woven sprouts.  I lvoe them and am very thankful to my friend.

image.thumb.jpeg.96716187a726f38a5eef6e9101eccdbc.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

12 hours ago, cloud capture said:

a friend got me one of these masontops earlier this year for my bday.  It turns out to fill a specific part of my dietary needs, and so I've been growing them weekly since.  I cook a lot and can just throw a clump of these on just about anything I make and it's delicious.  The fresh sprouts have a wonderful crisp texture and subtle flavor.  A sprinkle of your favorite dried spices/herbs and drizzle of balsamic seems to work for me in any application.  Very low maintenance and in 4 or 5 days you have a jar stuffed with tightly woven sprouts.  I lvoe them and am very thankful to my friend.

image.thumb.jpeg.96716187a726f38a5eef6e9101eccdbc.jpeg

Thanks for this, I have one of these lids somewhere but never used it. I thought it seemed like too much work but it's probably not actually. It's a great idea. What kind of sprouts do you make? As far as I know, alfalfa and mung bean are the most common but I believe you can do just about anything (quinoa? other seeds?)

On a somewhat related note I recently got back into lacto-fermentation, which I was really into many years ago but eventually stopped also due to laziness. Turnips are my favourite. They're so good, they have just the right amount of bitterness that combines with the sour and effervescence to make them so delicious, I'll just eat it by itself right out of the jar lol. Filtered water and a bit of sea salt in a good jar is all you need - cabbage and turnips work the best, other veggies might need a bit of a boost (some kind of probiotic or a bit of brine from a previous batch). Hell yeah hippie food.

• Like 1

the lid came with a "sandwich mix" so once that ran out I found a "salad mix" that has alfalfa, broccoli, radish, and some others and it's good.  Twice a day I fill about 1/3 of the jar with water and then drain and set back in a dark corner of the kitchen and that's it.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 1:36 PM, toaoaoad said:

On a somewhat related note I recently got back into lacto-fermentation, which I was really into many years ago but eventually stopped also due to laziness. Turnips are my favourite. They're so good, they have just the right amount of bitterness that combines with the sour and effervescence to make them so delicious, I'll just eat it by itself right out of the jar lol. Filtered water and a bit of sea salt in a good jar is all you need - cabbage and turnips work the best, other veggies might need a bit of a boost (some kind of probiotic or a bit of brine from a previous batch). Hell yeah hippie food.

Polished off the turnips and currently enjoying a batch of cauliflower that turned out fantastic. Started 2 jars of good ol cabbage tonight. It is definitely a lot of work but seriously it's so good, it's like a drug 

• Big Brain 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...