IGNORED

This world was created by an evil god

drillkicker

There was a point where I was essentially an atheist, I was thankful for this - it was in an era when I had finally had the courage to breakaway from any sense of guilt in my protestant upbringing but was also fairly cynical and directionless at the time. I'm not now but I'm firmly irreligious and something that pivoted me back to exploring spirituality and existentialism in a more positive light was stumbling upon the book The Gnostic Gospels. I never really adhered to Gnosticism personally but I found it's tenets incredible in my unpacking of previous upbringing and perspective on the church and traditional concepts of god and faith. Your original post essentially reads as a damning summary of the demiurge.  

I drift into existential thoughts fairly often and I'm more and more comfortable doing so, even if it can strike me quite a lot emotionally and mentally. Probably from getting older, having kids, and getting to that age where I seem to know more and more people dying. It's a lot to reckon with, but there's also so much goddamn awe and wonder in this world. I'm perpetually struck by the seemingly cosmic coincidences and happy accidents in life. There's some grey area between religion and philosophy that I think explains everything but like everyone else I have no idea what that is. 

Watch a David Lynch film, read Vonnegut, listen a Grouper album, find some random Norm MacDonald interview on Conan. Go for a walk in the nature, find some show you love and binge watch it, eat a good taco or drink an indulgent beverage. Try something new. I never watched old Godzilla movies until last month when my 6 year old wanted to watch one. I've seen like half a dozen now and they are delightfully entertaining. 

It's easy and understandable to get in the throes of darkness, depression, apathy but it's also easy to be nice to random people, to laugh, and to enjoy the delightful little minutiae of existence. 

18 minutes ago, milkface said:

a bit of alcohol and u guys go on meltdowns on internet forums, a bit of alcohol for me and i have your grandma in a headlock. we don't drink the same.

Im only like this before i start drinking

38 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

things could be infinitely better but also infinitely worse

its a quite good middle point that we exist in imo

3 hours ago, Silent Member said:

This thread needs to take a long hike in lush nature.

I think we've all been where drillkicker's at and sometimes, answers like this would get me even more enraged and sullen. The thing is: it's the right answer. I went to a redwood preserve in the Rogue River-Siskiyou national forest in south Oregon on Saturday with Skee Mask's "Pool" on the headphones. There were points where I had full body chills like an orgasm or a really good shit from just being in this place. I pulled out my GoPro at one of those times and put "LFO" on the footage to help remind me of how wicked it was. We may indeed still be tortured by a dog god but He has pockets of respite if you know where to go at least. Woof.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

4 hours ago, xxx said:

I think we've all been where drillkicker's at and sometimes, answers like this would get me even more enraged and sullen. The thing is: it's the right answer. I went to a redwood preserve in the Rogue River-Siskiyou national forest in south Oregon on Saturday with Skee Mask's "Pool" on the headphones. There were points where I had full body chills like an orgasm or a really good shit from just being in this place. I pulled out my GoPro at one of those times and put "LFO" on the footage to help remind me of how wicked it was. We may indeed still be tortured by a dog god but He has pockets of respite if you know where to go at least. Woof.

my most played album this year while hiking.  It hits different, makes you want to look into the sun

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, auxien said:

^healthy and well-adjusted people  don’t post on places like this for that reason

correct, they post on places where everyone is of sound mind - like FB & twitter :cisfor:

• Haha 1