IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

I like to call it bourgeoisie communism. 

that's a good phrase. i think it's also academic or theoretical. it's people playing ping pong in a classroom w/shit they read about and picking a side and sticking to it and thinking they can apply it real life like it's some kind of thing they can rollover society and make it so... 

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that's a good phrase. i think it's also academic or theoretical. 

the phrase is oxymoronic, there is no such thing as "bourgeoisie communism" communism seeks to eliminate entirely the bourgeoisie

40 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

the phrase is oxymoronic, there is no such thing as "bourgeoisie communism" communism seeks to eliminate entirely the bourgeoisie

how's that going so far?

poopypants.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

also, karl marx had servants. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, marf said:

its like the world has been cursed as soon as Covid dropped.

its like the world has been cursed as soon as Covid   human beings dropped.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ignatius said:

its like the world has been cursed as soon as Covid   human beings dropped.

well, you might get your wish soon

41 minutes ago, marf said:

Animals are assholes, too. They just dont have ways to destroy the planet

as far as we know. ? dolphins and jellyfish and octopi could be plotting something. 

who knows what dinosaurs would've evolved into if not for the big space rock. it's true though, that wherever human beings migrated to, mass extinctions followed. all the megafauna were hunted to extinction by homo sapiens. every single time. in every place. 

but yeah, animals are dicks to each other. territorial. cruelty and things like jealousy etc have been observed in groups of primates. but overall animals seem to have some kind of order about the whole system or something. balance. meh.  i'm not really informed on all the details. i've just read a few things over the years. 

31 minutes ago, ignatius said:

as far as we know. ? dolphins and jellyfish and octopi could be plotting something. 

who knows what dinosaurs would've evolved into if not for the big space rock. it's true though, that wherever human beings migrated to, mass extinctions followed. all the megafauna were hunted to extinction by homo sapiens. every single time. in every place. 

but yeah, animals are dicks to each other. territorial. cruelty and things like jealousy etc have been observed in groups of primates. but overall animals seem to have some kind of order about the whole system or something. balance. meh.  i'm not really informed on all the details. i've just read a few things over the years. 

bioluminescence blows my mind. Off topic, but it really does. just incredible

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Yeah pretty much. And i like thinking about this stuff without the separation of what is nature and man made, we are a force of nature, and while we can change things on earth dramatically and commit suicide as a species while taking other species with us, we will never be able to properly sterilise this planet of life totally, and any life that remains will evolve into more complexity / intelligence again long after we are gone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vkxwz said:

Yeah pretty much. And i like thinking about this stuff without the separation of what is nature and man made, we are a force of nature, and while we can change things on earth dramatically and commit suicide as a species while taking other species with us, we will never be able to properly sterilise this planet of life totally, and any life that remains will evolve into more complexity / intelligence again long after we are gone.

Slime mold and mushrooms. 

I read the book “Sapiens” a while ago. It’s got some interesting info in it all organized amazingly well. Also, saw some climate doc a while back that went into how the earth warms and cools periodically and what that means and how long each cycle tends to last etc and how all human existence is in one of the “just right” Goldie locks zones. It’s all pretty weird. Surreal. 

but here we are making the most of it bombing each other. 

12 hours ago, chronical said:

Hey ilqx, do you think you could be wrong about certain points you're on about? Or at least blowing them out of proportion?

10 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i dont think so

ukrainians torturing russian POWs and commiting war crimes

extremely NSFW they are shooting kneecaps

https://old.reddit.com/r/CrazyFuckingVideos/comments/tpkk36/ukrainians_kneecap_russian_pows/

Then why should we read your opinion and reflect on our own with it? If you're not willing to do the same, don't expect anyone to listen to you.

Edited by chronical

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Who was that brunette girl with the glasses everyone here had a hard on for around the Millennium?

Leah?  And pretty sure only a few people (xelah?) had a hard on for her.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

"principled leftism" isn't when you support a right wing dictatorship that punishes its own citizens by cutting off their water supply in an act of attempted genocide when they vote to secede, over the country they voted to be a part of which liberated them by returning their water supply back to functioning

That was a different Ukraine government.

"principled leftism" isn't when you ignore how ukraine has ignored the minsk agreements for almost a decade, perpetrating violence against its own citizens to the point where putin decides, rightly or wrongly, to militarily invade in defense of the people of donetsk and luhansk

All sides ignored the minks agreements, which were flawed from the get go both in theory and in practice. Putin used "the defense of the people of donetsk and luhansk" as cover, much the same as they tried to use the even flimsier "de-nazification" cover for this particular invasion.

the only "principled leftist" position is to side with the citizens which right now means, for crimea and donbas regions, insisting that zelensky sign a peace treaty with putin and end the war immediately, meeting putin's demands.

Zelensky won the 2019 election with 73% of the vote, and while his popularity did decrease (significantly), the citizens of Ukraine have clearly expressed their preference through supporting him during the war:

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/03/how-president-zelenskys-approval-ratings-have-surged

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/596806-russian-invasion-transforms-zelensky

So if you want to side with the citizens, you would not surrender.

ukraine keeps trying to fight knowing they will simply lose and result in much more death? 

Why do you think they will simply lose? Would you have said the same (i.e. surrender) to the NVA during the Vietnamese War?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

this is really disingenuous also, what im saying roughly aligns with the view of the largest communist party in the world. and cpusa lol

https://www.cpusa.org/article/the-communist-partys-position-on-russias-war-in-ukraine/

The cpusa position contains the same internal logical fallacies as your position, so hardly a surprise that your views align (including blaming the US for everything - with accusations of installing Poroshenko (a notoriously pro-Russia inidividual) in 2014). In order to stop the war that Russia started, "Again, the U.S. must change course."

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Leah! Yeah she was almost a meme after a while 

damn...blast from the past! IIRC it was Encey who discovered her by image searching some phrase and ended up posting her picture, which led to her becoming intertwined with this board. I miss Encey. he was a good dude.

53 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

That was a different Ukraine government.

All sides ignored the minks agreements, which were flawed from the get go both in theory and in practice. Putin used "the defense of the people of donetsk and luhansk" as cover, much the same as they tried to use the even flimsier "de-nazification" cover for this particular invasion.

Zelensky won the 2019 election with 73% of the vote, and while his popularity did decrease (significantly), the citizens of Ukraine have clearly expressed their preference through supporting him during the war:

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/03/how-president-zelenskys-approval-ratings-have-surged

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/596806-russian-invasion-transforms-zelensky

So if you want to side with the citizens, you would not surrender.

Why do you think they will simply lose? Would you have said the same (i.e. surrender) to the NVA during the Vietnamese War?

Yeah yeah yeah but Nazis.

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

octopi are aliens that live on this Earth, takin our jerbs, spineless bastards. 

https://lithub.com/the-octopus-an-alien-among-us/

• Farnsworth 1

6 hours ago, chronical said:

Then why should we read your opinion and reflect on our own with it? If you're not willing to do the same, don't expect anyone to listen to you.

ur rite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1