IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

Another release.. another unsolicited barrage of speculation, opinions and over excitement from me.. 

This is the first track I've immediately really enjoyed from the pre-release singles of the "modern era". Minipops underwhelmed, still not a fan of T69 Collapse, and Cheetah was just ok. All of those releases had some of my all-time favorite tracks though...

This track hits the spot.. so if this is the low-key entry point to the release.. or series of releases (one can dream) like the other singles, We're in for a real treat I think. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Vaaler9 said:

Another release.. another unsolicited barrage of speculation, opinions and over excitement from me.. 

This is the first track I've immediately really enjoyed from the pre-release singles of the "modern era". Minipops underwhelmed, still not a fan of T69 Collapse, and Cheetah was just ok. All of those releases had some of my all-time favorite tracks though...

This track hits the spot.. so if this is the low-key entry point to the release.. or series of releases (one can dream) like the other singles, We're in for a real treat I think. 

Cheetah ep is a fantastic album, hearing it years later, i think its perfect.

That album rollout was epic 2 ?

• Like 2

Talking about this Cheetah make me thinking about this Chip-Tune kind of tracks he dropped on Sonar. 
Is it not like Buchla Modular kind of sound? That is on the cover of the new EP!

What you guys think? Will it be on the EP? 

Totally at 55:50 you can hear the same kind of vocoder as the Blackbox Life Recorder track! 

13 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Cheetah ep is a fantastic album, hearing it years later, i think its perfect.

That album rollout was epic 2 ?

I LOVE Cheetah EP as well. It's the one I go back to more than any others (from the last 10 years or so). It's just as timeless as his older stuff imo. Have great memories associated with it too. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Really like this, so much so I'm worried about rinsing it to death before the rest of the e.p is out!

The ambient version is awesome as well & excited about the Google drive, it maybe wishfull thinking but have a feeling we're going to see lots more stuff appearing on there! 

• Like 1

Just sat quietly in the dusk and listened to the new track. I haven't heard any YouTube live clips as I just think they just bamboozle the brain and I just want to hear the genuine new track fresh from RDJ. It's thankfully my favourite single since he returned in 2016. Way better, in my humble opinion, than Minipops and t69 Collapse singles. Which bodes well for (hopefully) future music.

Thank you Sir Richard  ?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, forcefielder said:

I am dying for one of the releases to have this.

https://youtu.be/H5311M2lqV0?t=1629

That is a tasty Analord kind of track, very full of tasty bits and melodies.. 
Can be an absolute favorite tune if we can hear the studio version. But that a track I want to last at least 7-10 mins 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cern said:

That is a tasty Analord kind of track, very full of tasty bits and melodies.. 
Can be an absolute favorite tune if we can hear the studio version. But that a track I want to last at least 7-10 mins 

Absolutely!! I actually started listening to Analord after linking that because it made me think of it too :aphexsign:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, forcefielder said:

I am dying for one of the releases to have this.

https://youtu.be/H5311M2lqV0?t=1629

That is sounding reeeally nice. So much new stuff in his shows lately. And it's sounding very developed as well... Not striking me as more vault material, djing "tools" or even freebies. Really feels like there is another EP or possibly album on the way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chronical said:

flol man, there's probably 5 people stuck in a tiny sub at the bottom of the sea freaking out, trying not to breathe too hard to waste oxygen, sitting in their own poop and piss and you're at home comparing measurements to track lengths:catface:

They aren’t sitting at the bottom, man, that shit collapsed

:dadjoke:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

I checked the application files on a Mac and the only new file is this

link.png

Bumping this...

Anyone able to scan the QR codes in the google drive folder. My app is fully updated and I get nothing

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I had no clue about the story... I apologize...

All the current news aside, old news is that Richard also owns a submarine ya know... 

6 hours ago, cern said:

Please can someone link to the Japanese release with fridge magnets and jackets and stuff you all talking about?? 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0C8VG39LH/ref=sr_1_33?crid=1P0AJO2U6NK89&keywords=aphex+twin&qid=1687390667&sprefix=aphex+twin%2Caps%2C235&sr=8-33

From the link: オリジナル特典マグネット付きwhich translates to "includes original bonus magnet"

https://tower.jp/item/5759182/Blackbox-Life-Recorder-21f---in-a-room7-F760-[LP+Tシャツ(XL)]<数量限定盤>

From tower - that one comes with a t-shirt!

No pictures of the bonuses though.

Edit: Note the prices though. The Amazon one is 4,000yen which is like $40 Canadian.

46 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Bumping this...

Anyone able to scan the QR codes in the google drive folder. My app is fully updated and I get nothing

They just launch the box with the loop as far as I can see.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

I found a clip of the Parallax mix

this shit just hits different.  The timing with the tune, it might go down as the pinnacle moment of rdj pr stunts.  Where were you when you listened to the bootleg and heard the argument?  I know exactly where I was.