IGNORED

Skee Mask - Resort [ITLP19]

new skee mask album incoming.

juno:

"The next level beat maker and sound designer that is Skee Mask returns to long-time home label Ilian Tape with another bold and brilliant album, Resort. It's an album that expands on the artist's usual sound with fusions of celestial ambient, IDM sound design and lithe, rhythmic techno drums. There are breakbeats on 'Reminiscrmx' backlit by heavenly pads, 'Schneiders Paradox' is marbled with zippy pads and raw drum hits, 'BB Care' glistens with a futuristic glow and 'Holzl Was A Dancer' slips into a shuffling, UKG tinged dub house pumper. It's a wild, wonderful ride that reaches all new levels for this already accomplished producer."

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/174467-itlp19-skee-mask-resort

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/skee-mask-resort-vinyl/1027150-01/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

with every new release, I hope he will bring something else, something known yes, but also obviously new! 

Looking forward to this. Almost (but not quite) Aphex level of excitement. Probably outside of Warp this dude is my favourite electronic artist. Been a fan since his very first releases, if you search on watmm and can find them, you will see.

Edited by beerwolf

No bandcamp?

Ilian tape is always expensive as fuck on bandcamp though but id still like to have it on there

Edited by thumbass

3 hours ago, species8472 said:

no i liked him first

Hmmm I don't think so

Everyone round here was snoozing until his second album

You snooze you lose!

😉

Edited by beerwolf

Damn, I saw that "Vitamin 313" track title and shit was exactly what I expected/wanted. Here's hoping that Bandcamp drops soon. The Skeeflation is real on digital vinyl but I'll always pay up. 

32 minutes ago, xxx said:

Damn, I saw that "Vitamin 313" track title and shit was exactly what I expected/wanted. Here's hoping that Bandcamp drops soon. The Skeeflation is real on digital vinyl but I'll always pay up. 

It's out on Monday

15 hours ago, thumbass said:

No bandcamp?

Ilian tape is always expensive as fuck on bandcamp though but id still like to have it on there

• Thanks 1

Reminiscrmx, Daytime Gamer and BB Care are my favorites on first listen.

Although this album sounds lovely as always, I do think Skee needs to update his sound a little bit from now on. It's honestly becoming harder to identify a track from his because it could have been released on any of his records. Although that does mean that he consistently puts out quality material, it's becoming less exciting to listen to. I don't think this tops Pool or Compro either tbh AND I'm not a fan of the artwork.

Love you Skee, Thumbass out.

48 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I'm not a fan of the artwork.

Me too.

On first listen this sounds good but I already have quite a bit of his stuff so not sure I'll pull the trigger on this one.

• Like 1