IGNORED

Skee Mask - Resort [ITLP19]

Really nice, and while i kinda agree about his stuff being a little samey it really doesn't matter when it's so fucking good! He just does what he does so well.

• Like 2

Why does bandcamp not when you order 2/+ copies of the vinyl not send you 2/+ downloads?

How thick are they?

Someone is buying 2 copies for more than one person 🤨

2 vinyl buys 2 downloads how complicated is that? I remember bleep telling me no, I'd have to do the legwork on 3 records, I think both of my fiends took the piss when they were logged in, what are you doing you spaz, send the extra codes for what people paid for and don't be a dickhead

1 hour ago, eye said:

Damn this is good! He lost me with some EPs, but this is great

I think his e.ps work better together as playlists.

The last couple weren't grabbing me that much but once I created this playlist I really enjoyed them! 

Yeah EPS aren't that much at all. The A and B compilations are good though. Worth checking.

Edit: Just realised there's a C as well.

Edited by beerwolf

On 6/13/2024 at 3:37 PM, kirm said:

Really nice, and while i kinda agree about his stuff being a little samey it really doesn't matter when it's so fucking good! He just does what he does so well.

This!  I don't even find it all that samey either, reckon if anything it's that we're all familiar with his palette by now (the breaks, technos, dubs, ambiens, etc.) and yeah, any given track can be binned into one of those or combinations thereof.  I've still probably only heard less than half of his releases, but it seems like each of his eps lean hard in a particular direction and the lps are where he goes bouillabaisse.

12 hours ago, kirm said:

I think his e.ps work better together as playlists.

The last couple weren't grabbing me that much but once I created this playlist I really enjoyed them! 

I thought the last one (ISS010) was fantastic and plays like a love letter to detroit - this track oozes Juan Atkins vibes while there's another banger on it that's a pretty blatant shoutout to Jeff Mills.  ISS002 is pretty much perfect IMHO.

Edited by BobDobalina
  • Like 3

this is my first Skee Mask release and ill be honest i didnt really get it ducks

i love-really like half of it (tracks 2-4, Schneiders Paradox, Hölzl Was A Dancer & 7AM At The Rodeo) but the rest......... kinda leaves me cold? i wouldnt say its unemotional necessarily but i wont lie i didnt really feel much listening to most of this

maybe its a grower? :unsure:

noooooooooooo. it was in my cart yesterday but i held off to sleep on it 😞 prolly buy it from bleep but will cost more now
Screenshot2024-06-15at7_25_05AM.png.65edfc2ea1a0d70766bf19f22fc872ac.png

Yeah very nice release! I like that he keeps it on the more ambient vibe.. He is really good making textures so tracks with not so much of beats are always welcome!

Waldmeister is my favorite one, it is just so dreamy! 

This one is growing on me 🖤

EDIT: A very good album in the style of this is: Comit - Remote Viewing

• Like 2

I enjoyed the early EPs back in the day and Compro was in my top ten back in 2018. I kind of got bored after that as his style is just too generic. I did take a listen to this new one but it's more of the same stuff - a couple of tracks were so similar, I thought I'd accidentally hit the repeat button. An easy pass for me.

I can see where some would be underwhelmed because he's definitely not switching up any palettes. However, like "Pool", he's doing some of his best work ever in the domain. It's just more subtle than everything before it imo. There are some all-time Skee jams on this--for me, it's "BB Care" at the top. I can't help but think he put a GAS reference in there just for me. The Wolfiest jam on there is "Forest Master" (Waldmeister) 😅 I actually don't think it means that fully in German but that's how my rudimentary vocab works.  

• Like 2

Yeah.. I think the problem is it gets kinda same same for me.. It is top notch quality stuff tho 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...