IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

3 hours ago, thawkins said:

On the contrary, I suggest everyone get it ASAP so that these things start to immediately disappoint and collect dust somewhere and I can buy them for really cheaps at a yard sale somewhere.

maybe one day, perhaps...probably not ever on the CBA stuff at least, it goes for stupid prices second hand. i made somewhere between $50-$100 profit on that MOOD when i sold it...and i bought it at MSRP.

36 minutes ago, auxien said:

maybe one day, perhaps...probably not ever on the CBA stuff at least, it goes for stupid prices second hand. i made somewhere between $50-$100 profit on that MOOD when i sold it...and i bought it at MSRP.

Yeah but how many people buying these things on a whim have any idea of the resale value? Admittedly Reverb and other search engines make it easier not to sell your things too cheap.

1 hour ago, thawkins said:

Yeah but how many people buying these things on a whim have any idea of the resale value? Admittedly Reverb and other search engines make it easier not to sell your things too cheap.

idk that there are any people buying $350+ guitar pedals on a 'whim' exactly...they get all gassed up and just have to get it (i had a bit of that when i bought the MOOD ngl). anyone not aware of the Chase Bliss resale market is just blindly not paying attention to literally anything about the pedals beyond pure demo videos, and has no concern with the price of a thing if they see a cool MOOD IG video, and just goes 'buying that...oh there's none new available, guess i'll spend $450 for it on eBay or Reverb, nbd!' i wish i could do that, but i have, ya know, bills, and a non-infinite income. 

i had the resale value in mind when i bought it, not as a 'i wanna make some money!' but as 'if i don't gel with it then i can at least not lose my money' but there are definitely a chunk of people doing it for the resale...Reverb did a special run of all black MOODs back when i'd first started considering them....the all blacks were sold out in like an hour or something (edition of 100 i think?) and were up for resale on Reverb within a few days, at about twice the price iirc. Reverb is a whole fucking bubble/speculators dream in and of itself and imo has artificially driven up the prices of lots of gear...but i'm well beyond the scope of this convo/thread, i've drug this out too much already and i know i've ranted about Reverb before so....anyway. (i still check Reverb every day, i'm a part of the problem)

• Haha 1

I sometimes like to just update a certain effect- an example would be: right now I use the Rainbow Machine and Old Blood Noise Dark Star to achieve what I would probably use this for (the organic part). So I could totally replace what I do with those pedals with the Microcosm.

I’ve recently got the Big Sky, which I think is the best sounding (quality wise) pedal that I have ever heard. But I only bought this because I wanted an upgrade to my “normal” reverbs.

IMO, if you want “control” with a high quality fx unit that does craziness- eventide is the way to go. But if you want the organic pedal boutique craziness, there are several paths out there, and the microcosm one might fall more into that category. Regardless of anything said here, I will probably get one at some point because I have a problem, hahaha

• Like 1

There is another slightly smaller pile that I can not be bothered to set up for a photo now.

I am happy that the new place is forcing me to downsize (or organize it better). I could feel my happiness increase the more cables and junk I packed away. That's got to be a sign.

IMG_5404.JPG

7 hours ago, thawkins said:

What books do you use for a monitor stand?

Medical books mostly... physiology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine, gynecology and pediatrics and one history book ?

IMG-1514.thumb.jpg.4471e41b95f174e0e1445fa3402306f8.jpg

• Like 2

E648B3AE-674C-4C31-AADE-C31D1780391E_1_201_a.jpeg

Gear: Mackie XR624 monitors, Korg Monologue, Yamaha TX81Z, Alesis Quadraverb, Motu M4 interface, Ableton Push, Volcano vaporizer, my dog

Edited by DavieAddison
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, rhmilo said:

You immune to GAS or something?

Unless they get their kick from a spectral analyser, the set up better include some good monitors or headphones too. Not to mention a good computer to run all the janky M4L.

1 hour ago, thawkins said:

Unless they get their kick from a spectral analyser, the set up better include some good monitors or headphones too. Not to mention a good computer to run all the janky M4L.

And plain light wood, of course.

• Like 1

All you minimalists will never know the pleasures of trying to eat breakfast but there's a half-broken oscilloscope in the way.

Years ago I had a roomate who put a ping pong table in the living room and then parted out the engine of his donor car (the second identical car that he used for spare parts to keep his driving car on the road) on it so we never played ping pong.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1