IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

1 hour ago, TubularCorporation said:

Nah, that just mean you're using it.

you’re right man, using in different ways of course too. Nil and alco are both computer-centric as well, so there’s a lot of physical mess sorta replaced by the digital route. could still use some tidying on my shit nonetheless tho.

What's the opposite of OCD where things being organized and neat make you uncomfortable?

No shade intended, if I could deal with a neat, minimalist style of living it would be a lot more convenient but it makes me want to escape.

28 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

What's the opposite of OCD where things being organized and neat make you uncomfortable?

No shade intended, if I could deal with a neat, minimalist style of living it would be a lot more convenient but it makes me want to escape.

ODC - Obsessive Disorder Compulsion

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

4 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

You know sitting in the center of a 4D geodesic meta-alchemic triangle might seem pretty cool thing to do with your $400000 monitors, but I question how much more interesting it make the music

I think Gary Numan's OK.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

You know sitting in the center of a 4D geodesic meta-alchemic triangle might seem pretty cool thing to do with your $400000 monitors, but I question how much more interesting it make the music

Ricardo Villalobos has really expensive speakers, so ...

40692ce9fd06e1616e58da54838b0fcf.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thawkins said:

Monitor is not exactly in the middle between the speakers, OCD super triggered, I could never work like this. 1/5

Wish I had a 27" Imac screen though...

I know it does my head in too ...but have limited room as you can see ...I make sure when mixing I sit dead in the middle though ...chair is not bolted to the floor ??

Edited by sine nomine

On 1/1/2021 at 10:23 PM, sine nomine said:

I know it does my head in too ...but have limited room as you can see ...I make sure when mixing I sit dead in the middle though ...chair is not bolted to the floor ??

Yeah I mean I have a huge amount of respect for people who can work like that. So godspeed to you and please don't take the snark too much into heart. ?

Depending on my moods I can spend hours setting up my gear, only to tear it all down the moment I sit down because something will not fit or there is 5cm too little space on my desk or something even more ridiculous than that.

My current setup has lasted amazingly long anyway, and the reason I am getting pissy with it is that I have too many cables, too many connections and the routing in my computer is growing too complicated. Which also means that my projects are complicated and are a bigger headache to work with.

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, rhmilo said:

Ricardo Villalobos has really expensive speakers, so ...

40692ce9fd06e1616e58da54838b0fcf.jpg

If I was rich I'd pay a New Orleans jazz band to just blast sousaphones into my face from 3 meters whenever I was mixing.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a little messy right now- I’ve been going thru an old Windows xp desktop backing up old songs, so it’s in the way. Also my good cassette deck is out for repair, pedalboard is out away, I have some Yamaha he monitors to replace the bx5s (just too lazy) and several modules I need to install and move around (also lazy), but this is close to finished. 

I also have a sort of “live instrument/toy/video game playroom” in the room nextdoor with acoustic instruments, amps, tape stuff, and a piano in a different room.

7EC3C3AC-EAF4-4D33-954A-19BEC42F6EEC.jpeg

8E9E3208-3AF1-46E8-B67E-F25E75079059.jpeg

295C882E-8BD2-45A6-8612-1A461D019BBF.jpeg

2D138806-A095-4BE1-99AB-02A8303E6982.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 3

Thanks! It was an old 90s sign from inside a meijer store where they had the computer keyboards in the tech/electronics section. It’s translucent so someday I would love to build a back case with a light for it!