IGNORED

Plaid

Guest Rook

Just bought Spokes. My first Plaid album I like it. Where should I go next with Plaid?

Thanks in advance.

Odd, you started with Spokes - most consider that Plaid's weakest output.

Rest Proof Clockwork or Not For Threes would be good starting points, IMO.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah if you liked Spokes, you'll love the rest of their music...if you like Spokes and hate the rest of their music, then I've got some really shitty records you might wanna buy.

Double Figure was my first Plaid, I still adore that album. Beautiful melodious shit.

I haven't heard spokes, but considering I think only one track on Greedy Baby is okay and the rest awful, I can't imagine it being any worse. Then again, I'm putting that down to Bob Jaroc, I read that their changed the music slightly according to his video stuff. Considering that I thought the videos were wank, that might explain that.

Anyone think Trainer is worth a purchase? I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Trainer is the only album by Plaid that i rate

Guest tht! tne

Trainer is the only album by Plaid that i rate

• 2 months later...
Guest arbee
The overlooked but totally fucking ridiculously awesome Tekkon Kinkreet soundtrack is stunning.

yes.

not Vletrmx that's for sure. That remix was just a new Plaid song with the odd appearance of the Vletr here and there. How can you remix a beat into a song that originally had no beats? Technically that's not a remix. Or am I wrong?

double figure is the best in my optinion

for threes i dont like at all dont know why

Tekkonkinkreet also has its moments

the strange thing is i started to like plaid with greedy baby cause i didnt liked them as i heard for threes so i did not take a second listen but now i am very much into double figure beeing their best album in my opinion

parts in the post = remixes. Good ish IMO.

I really like their early material (Trainer, late Black Dog), it's not overwhelmingly technical but they've got an awesome feel for arrangement and melody.

I also actually liked Greedy Baby, but that might be b/c I copped it via slsk, thus forgoing the videos, 5.1, etc. - by itself the music is pretty good. Tekkon Kinkreet was decent but not spectacular.

Archived