IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

Guest spraaaa

I had a dream where Autechre was proving how much more awesome they were than anybody. First, they played a jaunty little synth melody. This was the "normal" version. Then they played three or four random notes. This was the awesome Autechre version.

LOL, I could totally see this happening in one of those electronic music documentaries.

One of my classmates is really into Autechre. Never I would have thought that could occur in my whole life.

I had a class in college where I could name 3 others who were really into Autechre.

Guest ezkerraldean

One of my classmates is really into Autechre. Never I would have thought that could occur in my whole life.

I had a class in college where I could name 3 others who were really into Autechre.

was the class physics or computer science?

or architecture too, i reckon.

Guest iamabe

I played altibzz for my dad who hates electronic music and he was like "this is great." then I pressed next and he was all "FUCK MY EARS"

or architecture too, i reckon.

I'm in architecture school and you'd be surprised, many of the students listen to total shit music... and insist on blasting it in studio sometimes. I haven't met anyone else into Autechre :( Though I've turned a fair many friends on to aphex and the like :emotawesomepm9:

I played altibzz for my dad who hates electronic music and he was like "this is great." then I pressed next and he was all "FUCK MY EARS"

lol

My housemate made a mix cd for this girl he was into, sort of a "honest reflection of the music you love" kinda deal, not so much what he thought she'd like... so there was a bit of Autechre in there (think it might've been Gantz Graf or AcroyearII).

listening to it in his car she commented: "I'd find this reaaaally hard to dance to"

Edited by verticalhold

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VgqepetrahLcwg swr6

A friend of mine once snatched my headphones and pressed "shuffle" on my iPod when some track off Untilted came on (I think it was Fermium)

He then takes a close look on the screen and stutters "Aw-tiik-tiik-tii-tikkray!" and then goes on and say that

it's a bit cheesy not to give an album a proper title.

I sighed and told him to take a closer look on the title of the album... He still didn't get it... :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember if I posted this story before or not. But one time I was stoned with one of my friends and I put on the Gantz Graf music video for him. He looked at me and said "This is melting my brain" :blink: I couldn't help but :emotawesomepm9: and laugh at him.

My mate used to tell me how when he was feeling shitty, he'd get onto a bus and play Confield as loud as he could through massive headphones and cheer himself up seeing other people's reactions.

I remember when I got the album myself, actually. A friend at high school bought it me for Christmas. Her favourite band was Westlife. I particularly enjoyed the conversation that started "Er, that CD I bought you. I listened to it when it arrived..."

Guest VgqepetrahLcwg swr6

My mate used to tell me how when he was feeling shitty, he'd get onto a bus and play Confield as loud as he could through massive headphones and cheer himself up seeing other people's reactions.

I remember when I got the album myself, actually. A friend at high school bought it me for Christmas. Her favourite band was Westlife. I particularly enjoyed the conversation that started "Er, that CD I bought you. I listened to it when it arrived..."

Lolling right now. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest ConfieldMilkman

One time me and a friend were really stoned and I told him I had a crazy track for him to hear. I stuck on Uviol and we both sat on the floor listening to it. At the start he was like "Man, that's well chilled out... wow." then when the trippy dying robot noises came on he sat in silence for a while, then suddenly looked up at me with urgent eyes and asked me to turn it off because it was making him "feel like a junkie".

Guest victorian sewer rituals

One time me and a friend were really stoned and I told him I had a crazy track for him to hear. I stuck on Uviol and we both sat on the floor listening to it. At the start he was like "Man, that's well chilled out... wow." then when the trippy dying robot noises came on he sat in silence for a while, then suddenly looked up at me with urgent eyes and asked me to turn it off because it was making him "feel like a junkie".

Hahahahah!!! :emotawesomepm9:

Overloaded, he fell back on trained thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rotwang

Haha, true. Apart from people I've met at music events/ people I've converted, the only other AE fan I've met IRL was a physics student, as was I. Though I expect you could add "music technology" to your list.

Guest IGOR90

pretty sure i'm the only ''serbian language'' student who's into ae

anyway,when i played some cipater and then rsdio to my roommate he said:man,i know you listen to some strange music,but this is just..TOO strange,but..he didn't said he didn't like it,i think because,he's been exposed to a lot of electronic music for the past 3 or 4 months...i'm trying to keep my speakers busy as much as possible,even when he is at home :cool: -by the way he into nickleback,boston,bryan adams... :facepalm:

about three days after that our friend came and we smoked some,and then all of a sudden he said:hey play that robotic shamanic orchestra you played to me three days ago i want that so bad! i was thinking..wtf?i remember playing some ae to him,but surely that can't be what he asked for???i played rsdio,and he started :music: and told me:this is so cool i think i finally got it! i was on 7th heaven for the rest of the night

Guest bacteriatastic

i wanted to test my brother's old CD player just to see if it worked. I went and grabbed a random CD from my drawer. It was EP7, and Rpeg started to play...

my brother: it skips, i knew it. throw it away.

Guest inamorty

Somehow, we've ended up with the tradition of playing

at BBQs when the beer is running low and it's time to move on to spirits. One time heir DJ duties fell into my lap. I played what i thought was the most natural follow up in 6IE.CR

All I can say is that it was the best fucking food fight ever.

I want my child to be born into a room with a huge stereo system playing Sublimit as loud as possible.

And I want the delivery nurse to be a robot that pulsates in sync with the music, similar to Gantz_Graf.

You are on to something here. The child should then be put directly on a conveyer belt that takes him through a multicolored fiber optic tube into the Maternabot chamber (which it reaches by about 10:00 minutes in).

I was in class yesterday and the professor was telling us about these assignments we have to do where we review experimental design/graphic kinda work and he's going through a list of things we should check out and I thought I was hallucinating (it's a 4 hour class) when I saw the GANTZ GRAF video on the REQUIRED VIEWING list!!?? He spelled it wrong (ganz graf :facepalm:), but still.. awesome! I was going crazy on the inside! Also says we're going to view it in class... can't wait for that.

I was in class yesterday and the professor was telling us about these assignments we have to do where we review experimental design/graphic kinda work and he's going through a list of things we should check out and I thought I was hallucinating (it's a 4 hour class) when I saw the GANTZ GRAF video on the REQUIRED VIEWING list!!?? He spelled it wrong (ganz graf :facepalm:), but still.. awesome! I was going crazy on the inside! Also says we're going to view it in class... can't wait for that.

" 'Ganz' Graf" makes me think someone should mash up a movie starring Bruno Ganz, like Downfall, with the Gantz Graf music video.

Not really, though