IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Gonna share this with a friend whose(whos who's hose ho's) alley this is str8 up in. Thx! :)

awesome! glad theres others out there who are into this!

also, if he/she ever figures out how to make the divine wind expansion not be slow as molasses, please let me know how they fixed that. driving me nuts

posted it on his FB if he's heard of it/knows anything will let ya know :)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not actually playing this, but just saw it on steam and lol'd

Dino D-Day

120410_dino_d_day_hl_2_mod_t.jpg

"The year is 1942. Adolf Hitler has succeeded in resurrecting dinosaurs. The reptilian horde has trampled Europe and the Mediterranean. Can nothing stop the Nazi’s dinosaur army?"

155078-dinodday.jpg

I reinstalled one of my favorite PC games of all time: Europa Universalis.

Overview/Review of the Game

Basically its a history nerd's wet dream. You get to pick any country between 1399 and 1821, and fight for survival/diplomatically or militarily annex neighbors, convert your populous, create colonies, fuck up the fucking Holy Roman Empire, unite Japan under a single shogunate, sabotage elections, on and on and on

i bought the new patch but its SLOW AS SHIT...so dont get the Divine Wind version..at least not yet...the new maps look beautiful though.

I remember playing and enjoying the first one ages ago. It's cheap so downloading from Steam now. Looks much more complex than the first one though. :blink:

Guest Dirty Protest

Crysis 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this worth getting? Im hearing bad things. I want to test my i7 with dual 460s on something.

Is this worth getting? Im hearing bad things. I want to test my i7 with dual 460s on something.

The first one was better. Larger, more freedom, more advanced physics... Crysis 1 is still a better test for your system than Crysis 2.

That said, Crysis 2 is still beautiful and much more polished for smooth performance. I'm not a fan of the multiplayer, but the single player is a smooth and enjoyable ride. But nothing special like Crysis 1 was at certain points.

Guest Dirty Protest

Reading between he lines, I think what youre trying to say is ' you cant kill a man with a chicken' =). Might play it through again, if I can remember where I put it.

Just download it from a torrent site. If you like it, then buy it. I tried it on my PC and I've only got a Core 2 Quad and a single 460. Couldn't run it smoother. So your PC will run it at a fantastic FPS I'm sure. As for the game itself: It's not bad. It's not the greatest, but it's not bad.

I just beat Dragon Age 2. It was a great game. Can't wait for the next one.

I finally started a game in Boarderlands last night. I didn't get very far as I was really tired. But it's a pretty tough game. Took me a few tries to take down 9-toes and his 2 dogs, or whatever they're called. But I shall keep at it cuz I was having a good time playing it.

Guest Sprigg

Just download it from a torrent site. If you like it, then buy it. I tried it on my PC and I've only got a Core 2 Quad and a single 460. Couldn't run it smoother. So your PC will run it at a fantastic FPS I'm sure. As for the game itself: It's not bad. It's not the greatest, but it's not bad.

I just beat Dragon Age 2. It was a great game. Can't wait for the next one.

I finally started a game in Boarderlands last night. I didn't get very far as I was really tired. But it's a pretty tough game. Took me a few tries to take down 9-toes and his 2 dogs, or whatever they're called. But I shall keep at it cuz I was having a good time playing it.

Nine-toes and Bonehead are the two toughest fights in the game; after about level 15 or so it'll be relatively smooth sailing (unless you're me, and the game's gun generator screws you constantly).

Yeah, I'm stuck on Bonehead. Maybe I'll do some other quests to level up some more, then I'll come back to him.

Good to know it doesn't stay this hard.

Borderlands gets significantly easier the more you level up and the better weapons you get (obviously).

If I remember correctly, right infront of 9 toe's cave there is a pistol you get from a grave that makes the fight 10times easier.

Oh and incase it isn't obviously, you can't expect to beat borderlands without shooting things in the head multiple times, I wouldn't even aim for anything else.

why did you all of a sudden start using pink font

because you're cuter than me and it's really hard to try and compete!

seriously though I have no idea why i made my font pink in that post. Edit: I looked at the time stamp and it was last Saturday night. I now know why the font is pink. [apologies]

:cisfor:

Guest Sprigg

Borderlands gets significantly easier the more you level up and the better weapons you get (obviously).

If I remember correctly, right infront of 9 toe's cave there is a pistol you get from a grave that makes the fight 10times easier.

Oh and incase it isn't obviously, you can't expect to beat borderlands without shooting things in the head multiple times, I wouldn't even aim for anything else.

The grave is in another area of the desert, but yeah. The gun in the grave is great for a few levels.

747, what character are ya playing?

finished Amnesia,was about time I did. Next time I´ll read the manual, throwing a stone is so much easier with the right-mouse-button :dry:

Besides that it was one of the most atmospheric games I´ve ever played. I was in a constant state of fright during the whole game.. I really tried to stay calm, but jumped out of my seat several times as soon as something chased me. Oh and fuck random events.

After that I played through Portal again and started World of Goo, addicting.

Guest Iain C

GRAMMAR PET PEEVE

And just to be pedantic, Gary, that's a usage pet peeve rather than a grammar pet peeve.

Yours with love,

"The Lavender Glove"

Guest Sprigg

I downloaded Amnesia a few days ago,but I've got some weird graphical glitch where the floor is all fucked up so it's kinda unplayably distracting. I'll probably buy it today or tomorrow and hope for the best.

The grave is in another area of the desert, but yeah. The gun in the grave is great for a few levels.

747, what character are ya playing?

Roland: The Soldier.

finished Amnesia,was about time I did. Next time I´ll read the manual, throwing a stone is so much easier with the right-mouse-button :dry:

Besides that it was one of the most atmospheric games I´ve ever played. I was in a constant state of fright during the whole game.. I really tried to stay calm, but jumped out of my seat several times as soon as something chased me. Oh and fuck random events.

Yea, Amnesia is a great game. Not your typical game that comes out, kind of reminds me of Alone in the Dark from way back. Only got a few hours into it so far, will definitely finish it in time. I have to play it in the night, lights off with sound way up, extremely atmospheric indeed.

Archived